It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another covid vax experience

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You, I wouldn't be at all worried about, I know how you are, I know you, you just don't know me. (That isn't supposed to sound creepy) heheh
In MOST people, they need to watch their intake, I don't look at someone that knows how to limit their daily intake as a stupid person if they can control it. Hey, I can eat ice cream, but it cost around $5.00 a pint, but when I want it, it doesn't hurt me one bit. I have a really strong ability to watch what I eat, for the most part, the last couple of holidays screwed me up pretty good, but it's nobody's fault but mine.

I looked online and started (well, my wife and I did) looking for KETO recipes, you can almost replace ALL of the bad crap that we have eaten for years and years with something that is equally as good, or, really close.
For instance, she makes bread that is better than angel food cake, the only drawback is, you can't make a sandwich with it, it falls apart.

There are many recipes for pancakes, using a sugar-free syrup, and even a coconut pie that is WAY better than any coconut pie that I have ever eaten, and it's sugar-free. I can't eat it all of the time because I am a diabetic and eating too much 'side stuff' is just not a good thing. I can eat that though and the next blood sugar reading is perfect. My blood sugars are normally around 85 IF I stick to my norm. I sometimes drift away a 'little bit', that is pretty normal for anyone, especially when you are told to NO eat bad or you will die!

That is just moderation though, as you were saying. That's all a diet is really, of any kind, as you and I know, a diet doesn't mean that you are trying to lose weight, but we are watching our daily intake and do it for the right reasons.
To anyone that is reading this, no, I am not a good two-shoes, I screw up all of the time, but, I know to not screw up for too long or I will face the consequences at a later date, or maybe sooner than I thought.

I agree with the way you are looking at your life and your son's life, there ain't nothin' wrong with drinking in moderation, there's noting wrong with eating a 'little bad' sometimes either.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

Ah, well there is a difference between do or die and choice too. I understand that. My grandmother went Type 2, and she had to control her diet and get exercise - do or die.

My dad has congestive heart failure and he has similar dietary concerns only with sodium, not sugar.

But back to topic -- another wrinkle with inflammation, I wonder if it will cause a flare in migraine? Part of the migraine process is inflammatory. The initiation is not, but once the pain loop starts, there is an inflammatory response that keeps the pain loop going and that's why part of the treatment includes taking naproxen.

edit on 28-2-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The reaction your father had with a boosting of autoimmune symptoms is normal from what I have read from real research and data. It boosts the immune response, and the buffering chemistry will not work for everyone. I did research on the phosphocholine, the polyethylene glycol, and the polysorbate like chemistry and yes, it can help to stop a bad covid, but there are side effects and they are just neuromodulators or they open the blood brain barrier so some natural body opiod like chemistries our muscles have that can lessen over reaction. But I am not sure that permeating the blood brain barrier is a good idea. The permeating chemistry also lets the vaccine into cells by permeating them, some meds have this chemistry but in a far less amount.

I am not sure if the methods they are using is going to be safe long term. The Pharma companies say not to take this vaccine if you are allergic to any of the ingredients, I know I am, but the vast majority of people do not know because they have not narrowed down their intolerances yet. I have some problems with polysorbates in ice cream and I have had an intolerance to polyethylene and propylene glycols most of my life, but until maybe six years ago I did not know what chemistries I actually was intolerant too. It is the emulcifiers I am intolerant to and since I know that, I have been avoiding certain types of them as much as possible. Those chemicals they put into the vaccine, sort of make it so oil and water can mix. There are natural food chemistries that also do that, putting tomatoes into the soup does that, and I am intolerant to tomatoes big time.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I'm keeping my eye on this closely.

Missouri is opening up vaccines to a new tier mid-March and thanks to my new job, I would technically be eligible should I decide to do it (essential communications).

My parents just got their first jabs on Thursday, and I'm watching them closely figuring that how they react to it would give me an idea as to how I might -- genes and all. But my husband and I are pondering with the asthma if it would be worth it or not. I do have family history of arthritis, and I occasionally have a sore knee and aches in my finger joints now (all minor, but there). So I know I'm not getting out of life unscathed ... It's coming.

So I need to watch all this because my decision time is approaching now in a couple of weeks.

I have arthritis of the spine and jaw — what’s s little more pain. I’m 74.

Never hesitated in getting vaccinated.

No one is hiding there could be side affects. You sign a paper that tells you there could be side affects. They have medical staff onsite because of possible reactions.

I’m alive — my brother is dead from Covid.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Congestive heart failure is some serious stuff, it's in my family but I don't know enough about it, yet. Hopefully your dad does well, as well as one can, I guess.

I really apologize to the OP for taking this space up, but it is in a way still related and it is really an important topic, health and vaccines. A lot of the people that are affected by the vaccine might be a diabetic.
After this, I will shut up, I promise.

I forgot to mention earlier, not that you asked, but I have diabetes Type II also, I was on up to 40 units of insulin twice a day, I am on zero now, my diet is my medicine.
Yes, I know sound a little hokey, but for those that are interested, please look up Dr. Fung on YouTube, he has the goods on that. What most people don't know is that insulin use only increase in time, meaning, it only gets worse and worse as time goes on. Now, most family doctors don't know, and probably don't care enough to spend the time to learn, but it's true.

I have been diabetic for 'around' 20 years or so, or, I was diagnosed 20 years ago, big difference. I took a little of this, and a little of that medicine that was prescribed to me, I even went without for a few years because, once again I was eating 'not as bad' and exercising. Then not that long ago, maybe 2 years ago my doctor prescribed me insulin, I was not eating like I should, that is my fault. My Glyburide was not doing it's job as my only meds should, so that is why the insulin came about. I was doing pretty good at first, then it just started to be where more and more insulin was needed, so I went from 6 units as prescribed by my doctor to the 40 units.
I have been insulin free for an entire year, plus. That is monumental if any person that reads this knows anything at all about diabetes.

So, not liking where I was headed, I did what I should have done years ago, I did extensive research. That took me to a Dr. Berg online, and another similar doctor, Dr. Berry, they both had some good stuff that was good, as in, KETO. That leads me to the Dr. Fung, which Dr. Berg suggested that all diabetics watch his videos.
Dr. Fung has done a lot of research into insulin and found out it's the worse thing that a diabetic can do, and for the rest, look him up on YouTube, or you can PM me and I can give you links. I have taken up way too much of everyone's time here with this, I know.

Thanks, and I will let you ALL return to your regularly scheduled programming...

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Anyone not worried about these mRNA jabs will be soon, and those who advocated for them will fall silent as scores of people die around them, they'll act like it should have been self evident.

Also STOP CALLING IT A VACCINE, that is factually false. Its experimental gene therapy and it's going to hyper drive peoples immune system to a lethal degree because there is no off switch for pathonagenic priming.

We have doomed millions of people. But they'll call the reaction to this a new 'deadlier' Covid, why? Because they want you DEAD.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Just a side note to you.

I have low blood sugar, but it was really bad to the point of almost killing the pancreas.

50 years ago I went on a no sugar, low carb, modified Atkins (which is similar to Keto).

Definitely works.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
Anyone not worried about these mRNA jabs will be soon, and those who advocated for them will fall silent as scores of people die around them, they'll act like it should have been self evident.

Also STOP CALLING IT A VACCINE, that is factually false. Its experimental gene therapy and it's going to hyper drive peoples immune system to a lethal degree because there is no off switch for pathonagenic priming.

We have doomed millions of people. But they'll call the reaction to this a new 'deadlier' Covid, why? Because they want you DEAD.

FACT: The mRNA-based vaccines do not change a person’s DNA

Myths and fears: Because the mRNA approach to vaccines is new, you might have seen claims and worries about what might happen after it’s injected into the body. These include the claim that the genetic material in the vaccine will find its way into your DNA permanently.

Some have even claimed that a person who gets vaccinated becomes a “chimera” or a “transhuman,” or that because the vaccine’s mRNA was made in cells of a male, a woman receiving it will become partly male.

www.google.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
I was also on the Atkins diet maybe 30 years ago, just to lose a little bit around my waist as I got slightly more inactive.
The diet works, but, I would have never thought that I would ever hate eating so much meat and cheese, but I got to where (my wife too) hated it for awhile.
All that does is what the KETO diet does, is no carbs, and that automatically lowers the sugars.

The chart below shows what is what we're 'supposed to eat', but it's as wrong as can be for a certain group.
The fats, meat, poultry, fish, and very few of the vegetables on this chart are good for you.
None of the bread is good for you, the ONLY fruit that we should eat is an avocado.
It's amazing how doctors to this day don't know enough because they don't care enough to research it, they only want to sit back and prescribe.
Even healthy individuals are not supposed to eat like the way we were taught as kids, but, the chart has not changed one bit.
O.K., I promise, I will shut up now...

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Just a side note to you.

I have low blood sugar, but it was really bad to the point of almost killing the pancreas.

50 years ago I went on a no sugar, low carb, modified Atkins (which is similar to Keto).

Definitely works.

I should actually try that kind of diet. I have low blood sugar too, I have genetics that cause improperly bound sugar to be absorbed which means I get short of glutamine. Meat has glutamine, and I can metabolize fats pretty well for energy, but have a problem with the plant oils. Meat fats work way better for some reason. real butter is delicious, the less grain fed to the cows the better I seem to like it too. But regular store butter is better than plant oils. I do well with coconut oil though, have no clue why it is better.

That one point seven percent eskimo/inuit I inherited from my father seems to be what I focus on, much of my problems are with fats from animals primarily fed grains. Omega sixes are in those grains and they trigger my autoimmune symptoms if I eat too much. But I do not have all the inuit genes, so I am testing to find a good mix. I really like cold water fish and chicken and eggs from chickens that run around outside and eat. I like grassfed beef way better than the corn fed crap, but cannot possibly tell if that is effecting me healthwise because throughout the last fifteen years I have made many changes to help with me feeling better and thinking clearer. For how much beef we eat, it does not cost that much more to go grassfed organic when we buy a half a cow. We give out half of the half head of beef to the kids and grandkids for Christmas and when they need good meat. Next year we may just buy burger and chuck roasts and soup bones from our supplier. We are boiling some marrow bones today, it will take twelve hours to make bone broth but it makes great ministrome and french onion soup. I take as many bones as I can get from our half.

My wife's genetics is way different, she can take apart the sugar and carbs better so does not get the Chrones like symptoms I get. Glutamine supplements seem to help greatly with a lessening of cravings for carbs, without trying, I have just not felt like eating carbs and my sugar has not gone too low since I have been taking the supplement, which costs about four bucks a month to take....but saves about fifteen bucks a month in cravings for sweets. I make too much insulin and the pancrease seems to think the glucose glucose or glucose fructose is usable sugar so makes excessive insulin but cannot take it apart because I lack the enzyme to break them apart. My genetics says I have this rare problem which causes reactive hypoglycemia and I am monitoring the changes and it seems to work. I had joint pain in my knees and hips and ankles, it is all gone, it disappeared within three days of taking the pills....that was not what I was trying to test for, I was trying to normalize my gut. The side effect of the joint pain disappearing is much more beneficial than the intestinal gain for me but there is some benefit to my gut too but because of my hypoglycemia I did not want to trigger a crash by taking a pharmacutical dose. I take about a third of what the pharma meds supply for the conditions they are used for. Twenty bucks a month for the amount of the pharma prescription at either six hundred some bucks for one use or eleven hundred bucks for a different treatment...RA and Lupus respectfully. I don't even need the full dose to feel good. I could give up carbs all together and just eat meat and that would take care of it...but I like sandwiches and crackers and cheese. I like potatoes too. I may genetically be more of a carnivore but I like my cinnamon toast and veggies too.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   

The initial vaccination probably won't affect most people because they, at that stage, have no immune response.

The second vaccination is where things like inflammation will show up as there should, by that time, be an immune response.

As long as the immune response does not degenerate into a cytokine storm, its symptoms are temporary and will settle down.

An immune response is exactly what the vaccine is designed to achieve.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Missouri is opening up vaccines to a new tier mid-March and thanks to my new job, I would technically be eligible should I decide to do it (essential communications).

My parents just got their first jabs on Thursday, and I'm watching them closely figuring that how they react to it would give me an idea as to how I might -- genes and all. But my husband and I are pondering with the asthma if it would be worth it or not. I do have family history of arthritis, and I occasionally have a sore knee and aches in my finger joints now (all minor, but there). So I know I'm not getting out of life unscathed ... It's coming.

So I need to watch all this because my decision time is approaching now in a couple of weeks.

No one is hiding there could be side affects. You sign a paper that tells you there could be side affects. They have medical staff onsite because of possible reactions.

Oh dear. I am so sorry for your loss. Sympathies to your family and friends of your brother.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Oh dear. I am so sorry for your loss. Sympathies to your family and friends of your brother.

Thank you.

He was one of those people who were never sick, went to the gym everyday, ate healthy, etc. The kind you expect to live forever.

However, he was also very pro-Trump. He may not have taken Covid seriously.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I do a modified Atkins.

After 50 years, figured out what works for my body.

Still no “straight refined” sugar and low carbs.

I learned if I’m invited to a dinner/potluck etc, to take my own food.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

I agree with you. The different scenario I have is they will begin to report it's the unvaccinated who are spreading it to the vaccinated.
I've seen it happen with the chicken pox shot. The vaccinated kids would spread it amount each other every year and the unvaccinated kids never got it. A new chicken pox virus for the vaccinated community. I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens with the Cov
edit on 28-2-2021 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   

What happened to my body my choice?

There are millions of people out there who do not want and will not take an experimental vaccine!

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Yeah,

I am waiting for the Johnson and Johnson. It seems to have a much higher safety profile of them from what I have seen.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

What happened to my body my choice?

There are millions of people out there who do not want and will not take an experimental vaccine!

Spread of a virus affects everyone.

It’s not just about you.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: recrisp
a reply to: Chance321
That was a weird, but probably typical response from your doctor.
Good luck wit your health, and I mean it. Hopefully your decision and also MY decision to NOT take it is the correct path.
Good luck to all of us.

That's what I thought, it at least to me seemed like she was quietly saying not to get the shot. We'll see how long before they force the issue and make people get the shot.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   
God bless your father in law and fam

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join