It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another covid vax experience

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 07:22 AM
link   
So here's another real-life covid vax experience (as if there wasn't enough already).

Friday night my Father in Law had to be taken to the hospital. He had an arthritis flare up in his neck and shoulder so bad he could barely breathe or move. He's 85 and he does have arthritis, but not bad and it usually doesn't affect him at all. Until now. When did this start? Immediately after he got the 2nd covid vax. He does have some other medical issues, but those are all under control. The arthritis thing didn't become a problem until after the 2nd covid vax, and he has kept a detailed record of what is going on medically in his life for quite a while. It's pretty clear that they only thing different was the covid vax.

He's home now, but still in quite a bit of pain, and there's not really much they can do. He got a prescription for some tramadol, but that's about the strongest they would send him home with. Anything stronger and they wanted to keep him there...which is a nightmare in itself because no one else can go inside. Poor guy, I feel bad for him. He's a pretty good guy.

So, I guess we can add this one to the ever-growing list of covid vax issues.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 07:42 AM
link   
An inflammatory response is what’s going to get people. Especially older ones. I’m almost thinking that the least efficient vaccine is the safer one for anyone with inflammation problems.

The Russian government told people to not drink for a couple of weeks or more, which is a good idea.

I’m thinking that anyone getting the vaccine should cut out inflammatory foods like sugar for a couple of weeks before the vaccine for whoever is getting it.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Here's something to add. Hope your father-in law is doing better and not to take away from your post. But a couple days ago at my doctors appointment, she said with the health condition ( type 2 diabetes) I was eligible for the corona vaccine. I told her, I was going to hold off for awhile. She asked why? Told her too many stories about it, that I didn't trust it. Now here's the odd part. She then went on to tell me that some that have received the vaccine have had minor side effects but A lot have almost had to be hospitalized but she wouldn't expand on that, just got up and left the room.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I should have added...

My FIL got his 2nd shot about 2 weeks ago, and the arthritis flared up like the next day after that. He's been toughing it out ever since hoping it would get better, but Friday night it got so bad he couldn't breathe or move. So there's almost a direct correlation between the vaccine and his arthritis flare up.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I don't know if you saw my natural medicine for that kind of problem.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Hey, Clay...me too. Hell of an arthritic shoulder, left arm...after 2nd Pfizer vac.

Month later, sore as hell. God bless your dad...and you, of course!

MS

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I'm keeping my eye on this closely.

Missouri is opening up vaccines to a new tier mid-March and thanks to my new job, I would technically be eligible should I decide to do it (essential communications).

My parents just got their first jabs on Thursday, and I'm watching them closely figuring that how they react to it would give me an idea as to how I might -- genes and all. But my husband and I are pondering with the asthma if it would be worth it or not. I do have family history of arthritis, and I occasionally have a sore knee and aches in my finger joints now (all minor, but there). So I know I'm not getting out of life unscathed ... It's coming.

So I need to watch all this because my decision time is approaching now in a couple of weeks.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
That's why I don't want to take it. The reports about the vaccine are all over the place, I don't know what is hysteria or fact sometimes. He is older than I am, but the same age as my MiL, she took her shot and she seems fine, she did it about 2 weeks or so ago, she is healthier than I am though, for reals.

Hopefully he gets better quick, I hate reading about the older generation having to go through all of this crap.

Than ks for the report, and please keep us informed, it's more helpful that you might realize.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

A really good post, I know that just since I have been off of sugar AND ever carb that I can think of in the last year, I have felt so much better. I didn't realize how bad things were when we all eat ourselves into oblivion with the crap that we are taught to think of as 'food'.
The KETO diet is what I was on for a long time, I eat only twice per day now, for almost a year, and I lost 23 pounds, and I wasn't even that fat, I couldn't get into my old prom dress, but that's O.K. 'cause I'm a dude. heheh

I really am surprised at the Russians even bringing drinking into the mix, or the removal of, I am glad to hear that, I doubt it'll go over well, but that is about all one can do it inform the public.

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

So far my folks are just fine, but they never really react to any shots. I've never gotten anything more than the typical localized sore spot either.

My cousin's husband as an employee at a hospital is the only one in our family to have it, and he said the second shot got him a little bit. I'm assuming that was merely feeling a bit under the weather since my mom didn't really describe anything more than that when I talked to her.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Chance321
That was a weird, but probably typical response from your doctor.
Good luck wit your health, and I mean it. Hopefully your decision and also MY decision to NOT take it is the correct path.
Good luck to all of us.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   

When I lost weight, I cut out almost all my carbs and went high fat, high protein with the fat part being healthy fats like avocado and full fat dairy. When I have carbs, they're complex carbs. There's a local bread company that makes a bread loaded with about 8 types of seeds that crunches when you eat it, for example.

I won't say I never have sugar, but it's normally a small bite-sized candy bar for dessert after dinner or some honey in my latte or something like that.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I'm keeping my eye on this closely.

Missouri is opening up vaccines to a new tier mid-March and thanks to my new job, I would technically be eligible should I decide to do it (essential communications).

So I need to watch all this because my decision time is approaching now in a couple of weeks.

Ketsuko, it's not like you'll never be offered the opportunity of a Covid vaccine again. You have time to figure out if you really want what this vaccine might possibly give you or take your chances with either naturally getting or not getting the virus.

Personally, I WANT to get the virus. All the hullabulla about antibodies not remaining in the body are pretty much another lie. Let nature take it's course and most will be fine.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
About the vaccine, yesterday I was at my veterinarians and I was talking with the vet and a customer that was 'around' 54 years old, or close to it. He was talking about his wife had cancer and she somehow got COVID, so they admitted her into the hospital and she was then transferred to another hospital close to Dallas, Texas, in other words, a BETTER hospital. The hospitals in my town are pretty bad, it's a small place, so...

She was pretty bad off and they gave her a 10% chance of making it, according to this man, her husband. She was in the hospital for 47 days. I 'think' that he said that they gave her the shot after the operation, in-between her getting COVID, I can't swear to that now though. He then said that he also received the shot and that his first shot laid him up for 4 days. He said that was the worst that he has ever felt, but, he still went ahead and took the second shot, brave man, I wouldn't have. Anyway, they apparently went through hell on account of COVID and cancer.

She had breast cancer and had a double mastectomy, so she was not in the best of health (I assume) when she caught COVID.

I didn't get to finish the conversation because someone came into the room, then my dog was ready to go, so I hope the best for both of them, but it's just another story to add the already long list of people that sometimes feel worse after the fact. I really wish that I could have continued that little talk, I did find the time to wish them both well though, I hate hearing about that kind of deal.
He did say that she was making a recovery, slowly but surely, hopefully so.

My point is, we hear all kinds of stories, and I ask everyone that I come into contact with (well, within reason) if they know anyone with COVID, or if they have had it, and if so, what were the symptoms.
I live in a small town of 25,000 and hardly anyone here abides by the mask rules or the 6 foot rule, and that includes that vet I was at. I asked the girl behind the counter last week why they didn't wear masks (because up until then, I had been) and she said, "We just don't believe that they are of any help".

My entire neighborhood doesn't abide by any of it, they have parties, family get-togethers, Christmas, Thanksgiving, you name it, they do it, with large crowds, as far as I know, nobody has gotten a thing.
I will say that I have a neighbor next door and one across the street (she's pregnant) that 'may' be doing something to combat problems, I no longer see either of their parents visiting, which was either a daily or frequent thing for the parents to do. That might be because of them trying to prevent the parents from getting sick, the baby, I don't know, but both sets of parents are my age, late 60's.
edit on 28-2-2021 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
It's way better than not doing anything at all.
KETO is a really good way to not only be healthier, but probably live longer due to better health. I ate about the same, or, I should say, I still eat the way you described, but without any candy bars.

I no longer eat certain (very common) vegetables either, I don't eat, green peas, corn, potatoes, etc., you know, the stuff that we all have eaten for years and years. If a person looks at the Food Pyramid and knows what a diabetic shouldn't eat, there is hardly nothing left to eat. I eat, lean meats, or fatty meats, I eat an avocado with every meal, which is two times daily. I fast daily for 18 hours, not a religious thing, but it makes me to where I am healthier.

I eat about 8 ounces of meat, chicken, beef, fish, pork, and half of my plate if greens, which consists of either, cauliflower, asparagus, broccoli, or, my favorite, Brussels sprouts. The aforementioned avocado, along with coffee. (in the morning only, I drink a diet root beer in the afternoon)
Oh, I forgot, the only fruit that I eat is an avocado, and sometimes a little bit of a tomato...
There is so much sugar in vegetables that as a diabetic it should not even be eaten, period, it raises the blood sugars way too much.

That is light years from what I used to eat, which meant, hardly any vegetables, Jack-in-the-Box, well, you get the idea.
What we eat now will affect us ALL in our golden years, we need to REALLY stop and look at what we eat NOW, 'cause we will end up like a lot of the people that we see walking around or in a scooter at WalMart and wonder what happened.

(Oh yeah, the reason I didn't eat many vegetables wasn't because I didn't like them, I was too busy to stop and cook a regular meal. Especially when I could drive to a fast-food place and get a ready-made lunch that was void of really healthy, but much needed vegetables)

edit on 28-2-2021 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I just want the mask off!

I am so tired of feeling like I'm always smothering.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I somehow missed this...

I'm glad that your parents are still doing fine. Like them, I have reacted badly to any shot. I am at the age now that my doctor wanted me to take the pneumonia shot, which I did, no ill effects, but that was before COVID. I also had been taken the annul flu shots, but I am going to wait on that this year, I have not had the flu in 25 years or so, I've only had a cold once in about 40 years, but it was because my SiL was in the back seat going to Christmas for 3 hours and she couched my way too many times.

I feel that what you cousin felt was probably the typical reaction, and if this wasn't such a political thing that is associated with this vaccine, I would have taken it and probably felt the same.

Good luck to all of your family!

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I generally figure that one of the bite-sized minis isn't going to kill me. I've also been known to indulge in a dark chocolate chili-cherry bar on occasion although I will break that into one or two segments a night.

Since we're raising a kid, we want him to understand that an occasional indulgence won't kill him, but he needs to make it occasional. It's like raising your child around alcohol. If you raise them to think it's the devil, the temptation is always there and when they leave you and your draconian restrictions, they might completely fly off the handle. So you have it around, you're open about it, and you allow it in small amounts (not the alcohol yet obviously; but we are open about it, and he knows we cook with it a lot and occasionally indulge in a drink ourselves). But we're taking this tack with sugar.

I'd rather him view it not as dark, forbidden fruit, always tempting, but simply as something for occasional indulgence and a treat.

I've also gotten into a pretty good exercise routine over this past year too between the aerobics and the tae kwon do. I've been working out about 4xweek and burning about 600 calories each time. So again, I can make room for the few empty calories a mini takes up.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I am sorry that has happened to your dad. Inflammation and arthritis are so annoying... I deal with it most days and it's not fun because it's pretty unrelentless.

Both my parents had the vaccine (both doses; second dose about 3 weeks ago) and they did fine BUT one takes medication for inflammation (prozac, surprisingly - which also shows A LOT of efficacy in preventing the cytokine storm of CV; however, it's only $20 a month so no surprise they didn't share that info here in the US) and the other is a 12 year post-kidney transplant, diabetic. And interestingly, he never stayed in or masked since last March and never caught CV despite being on immunosuppressants. (The latter probably HELPS with CV since it's an overactive immune system that seems to cause the greatest problems.)

I feel like those of us with arthritis, inflammation, and any kind of autoimmune disorder where the immune system is in "overdrive" of sorts, are probably NOT going to fare well with the vaccine. Which is one reason why I will be skipping it, personally.

But I didn't mean to derail off your particular situation, and I am genuinely sorry that your father is having such a bad time. Side note... Tramadol with 2 Tylenol is MUCH more effective than Tramadol alone.

And if you want to check out info on the efficacy of Prozac for inflammation and CV, here is some light reading:
Info on Prozac and CV

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Our family doctor is very against the shot! I was so relieved to hear that. Doc said, why would anybody get a shot that is new & the long term side effects unknown, when the recovery rate from the virus is 99.7%?! Maybe, maybe for someone at very high risk. Maybe!

Doc has been treating Covid patients with hydroxychloroquine. Said it’s like a miracle drug. All the patients turned around within 24 hours! Doc said the main thing is not to wait too long before starting to take it. But the chain pharmacies here won’t fill prescriptions for off label use! There is only one little Mom & Pop one that will. Doc is afraid of getting in trouble for prescribing it too! Said it’s a crime the way everything is politicized!

Just a thought...if everyone lists which shot they are posting about, we can see if there is one that has more problems than the other ones!

WOQ

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join