It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan today will now fine 1,000,000 yen for those that break the voluntary quarantine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

originally posted by: musicismagic
...so it was voluntary. What became mandatory now was the voluntary quarantine ( legal jargon ) become punishable by a one million yen fine. That part is the mandatory part of the voluntary quarantine if broken and they leave their area of quarantine...

So you guys were volun-told, basically?

Still confused...

OK, let me try it again.

If you have the virus and put into a quarantine area and leave that area, you will be fined one million yen. ( like a hotel or some hostels )
At the airport if you are tested positive, you are immediately put back on a plane where you came from. As far as a Japanese national goes on this one, I don't have an answer for that one.

Japan is mostly on an honor system, but too many people just ignored it. If you been told to quarantine and you break that quarantine and get caught , you'll get zapped for the one million yen fine.

That's about all I understood on tv this morning.

I can't find the tv station that broadcasted it this morning.
edit on 0100000003092021-01-09T01:09:03-06:00090301am1 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Actually the mods do delete a lot of my threads to the trash bin.

This right here is a hint. I'm surprised you haven't caught on yet.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

...so it was voluntary. What became mandatory now was the voluntary quarantine ( legal jargon ) become punishable by a one million yen fine. That part is the mandatory part of the voluntary quarantine if broken and they leave their area of quarantine...

So you guys were volun-told, basically?

Still confused...

OK, let me try it again.

If you have the virus and put into a quarantine area and leave that area, you will be fined one million yen. ( like a hotel or some hostels )
At the airport if you are tested positive, you are immediately put back on a plane where you came from. As far as a Japanese national goes on this one, I don't have an answer for that one.

Japan is mostly on an honor system, but too many people just ignored it. If you been told to quarantine and you break that quarantine and get caught , you'll get zapped for the one million yen fine.

That's about all I understood on tv this morning.

I can't find the tv station that broadcasted it this morning.

Yea, we just went back into another lockdown with increased fines here in Canada, too.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:13 AM
link   
How in the world does it make sense to fine someone over something voluntary? More of the doublespeak I guess. If you can be fined for not doing something voluntarily, then the word needs to be changed to “forced” or “illegal”. That’s kind of like saying US citizens voluntarily pay taxes and get fined or jailed if they don’t.

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. I can see now why the higher ups love dumbing down society.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join