It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan today will now fine 1,000,000 yen for those that break the voluntary quarantine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The quarantine has been mandatory, but it seems like it was on a " honor system ". It did not work out so well after 9 months.
So if by chance you are able to fly into Japan, make sure you got 10 grand $ in your saving that you can withdrawal quickly.

The govt. now is understanding that there are a few that are going to be the problem in getting this virus under control.

This is good policy, now if they only reduce the number of flights coming into Japan, this just might work.

Tokyo goes into a State of Emergency ' The declaration covers Tokyo and the prefectures of Kanagawa, Saitama and Chiba. It will remain in place until February 7.
www3.nhk.or.jp...

www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Doesn’t sound very voluntary...

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Coming to a city near you...
Papers please!

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Thats real good news for you guys!

I live in California, and its way worse here then they are saying on the news. Everyone is sick or dying. There is a truck that comes around twice a week. People move their loved ones out by the curb daily. It really makes me sad. Im running out of neighbors. I keep wondering, who is going to carry me out to the curb, if all my neighbors are gone?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Coming to a city near you...
Papers please!

Do papers come in the form of freedom seeds?

I'm getting real sick of mandatory volunteering

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:40 PM
link   
That's an ugly looking chart:

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

I live in California, and its way worse here then they are saying on the news. Everyone is sick or dying. There is a truck that comes around twice a week. People move their loved ones out by the curb daily. It really makes me sad. Im running out of neighbors. I keep wondering, who is going to carry me out to the curb, if all my neighbors are gone?

New Democrat "solution":
- From now on, everyone shall live in a large garbage bin placed at the end of your driveway, so that in case of death, pickups are easier....to make soylent green.....

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The point isn't the death toll. It's what the hospitals can handle if everyone who gets sick shows up at once.

Also keep in mind Japan has a huge elderly population that is at elevated risk compared to the US.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Never Despise
That's an ugly looking chart:

Perspective:
- Japan has over 125 million people
- and the DEATH chart, what actually matters, looks like this:

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Never Despise
The point isn't the death toll. It's what the hospitals can handle if everyone who gets sick shows up at once.

Also keep in mind Japan has a huge elderly population that is at elevated risk compared to the US.

What the health care system can handle does matter.

But the point of the system in the first place is ultimately to prevent death.

Case and point - no one worries about the number of cases of ordinary colds

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

How could it be "mandatory" yet also an "honor" system?
How could fines be enforced when it was a "voluntary" system?

Big in Japan I guess...

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

edit on 8-1-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Am I the only one who sees the irony of the question asked in your user name, and the ultimate futility in your post as the answer..

Because I'm feeling it..

Query " Hal, Why am I here?"

Reply " it doesnt sound very voluntary, does it.Dave?"

Sounds about right in the 21

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 11:15 PM
link   
We didn't have a law that gave the govt. powers to shut things down or how people can behave, so it was voluntary. What became mandatory now was the voluntary quarantine ( legal jargon ) become punishable by a one million yen fine. That part is the mandatory part of the voluntary quarantine if broken and they leave their area of quarantine. I agree with it also.

Sad part is that the foreigners here are not to hip into following the kind laws/suggestions that the govt. provides and a lot of people are getting feed up with it.

english.kyodonews.net...

The Asahi newspaper reports that the Japanese government is considering suspending the new entry of business people, international students, and technical trainees from 11 countries, including China and South Korea, regardless of whether or not the highly contagious mutant of the coronavirus is confirmed in the country. The report is based on interviews with government sources.

This would virtually stop the new entry of foreigners to Japan all together. On December 26th Japan had announced suspension of new entry of foreigners from all countries starting midnight December 28th to the end of January, except for business travelers from 11 countries already approved for entry through a business travel framework.

resources.realestate.co.jp...

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kreeate

How could it be "mandatory" yet also an "honor" system?
How could fines be enforced when it was a "voluntary" system?

Big in Japan I guess...

Hope this helps : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Riiiight... I still think the distinction between "mandatory" and "voluntary" is lost somewhere in all the jargon.

If something is voluntary, you (or anyone) cannot and shouldn't enforce penalties for "breaking" the voluntary rules.

Here in Sweden, isolation is voluntary. That means I can go wherever I want. I have the choice to isolate myself if I have symptoms of COVID-19, but it is not "enforced". I can still go to the shop for example (even though I wouldn't because I don't want to spread the plague) No penalties are enforced for breaking voluntary isolation.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   
They aren't fining residents according to the article in the original post. They are targeting entrance. In every country the rules are stricter at the borders.
edit on 8-1-2021 by Never Despise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise

Welcome to a MiM Streettalk thread.

Where the links are rare but always misleading..

Where the spin is real but the mods don't care and the sane shed tears..

I apologize in advance to whomever the mod is that needs to tidy this up..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
...so it was voluntary. What became mandatory now was the voluntary quarantine ( legal jargon ) become punishable by a one million yen fine. That part is the mandatory part of the voluntary quarantine if broken and they leave their area of quarantine...

So you guys were volun-told, basically?

Still confused...

edit on 1/9/2021 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic
a reply to: Never Despise

Welcome to a MiM Streettalk thread.

Where the links are rare but always misleading..

Where the spin is real but the mods don't care and the sane shed tears..

I apologize in advance to whomever the mod is that needs to tidy this up..

Respectfully,
~meathead

I can understand what you are saying, but it was on TV. So when it makes the print, I'll post it.
Actually the mods do delete a lot of my threads to the trash bin. So if they do stay up, there is some bearing to it. Patience grasshopper

top topics

<<   2 >>

join