It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Deaths for 2020 will be similar to 2019 - Covid19 Virus Had Little Effect on Mortality Stats.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Again, your chart shows deaths from February 1st until December 19th, with the death statistics for the past month or so being incomplete. There will be extra deaths added from the past month or so, also missing is deaths from the month of January and we still have about a week and a half of this year.... January has 31 days, plus the week and a half give 6 weeks of missing data plus the incomplete data from the past month.

The experts are estimating over 3.2 million deaths in the US for 2020. We will not have the final numbers until at least next summer as accurate death statistics take some time before the official numbers and report is released.

I am not sure if you missed something or trying to be intellectually dishonest here.

www.theguardian.com...

Final mortality data for this year will not be available for months, but preliminary numbers suggest the country will see more than 3.2 million deaths this year.....
US deaths increase most years, so some annual rise in fatalities is expected. But the 2020 numbers are expected to amount to a jump of about 15%, which would mark the largest single-year percentage leap since 1918, when tens of thousands of US soldiers died in the first world war and hundreds of thousands of Americans died in the 1918 flu pandemic.

edit on 24-12-2020 by jrod because: Rrrrrr

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliquandro
It has become abundantly clear to me who the fear mongers of ATS are, this thread is prime example.

Thanks for the OP... taking some of the panic out of the stupid narrative

You’re right about that for sure.

I recall my posting of the pandemic being a “nothing burger” and my commentary on why the data doesn’t support more-less all that we have been doing since this all began and getting flamed to all h*ll. I expected that, but time bears out logic.

Frankly, much of life can be explained by a quote by warren buffet about the stock market. He said,”The stock market is the device for transferring wealth from the impatient to the patient”. Logic is no different. You can state a case that is deemed certifiably nuts but time bears out it isn’t. The short term crushing of one’s stance is just sentiment - long-term is a validator of fundamentals. So if you have an argument with substance, you’ll likely be proven correct in the long term.

The OP here should be required reading for all American citizens.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

We’ll just ignore the graph I posted then.

Even though it’s from the same source as the OP used.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

The population also increased by 30% since 1990 so the death rate has essentially remained identical.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheResidentAlien

The 15%(estimated) increase of deaths in from 2019 to 2020 is significant.

Generally the number of deaths each year increases a little which makes since given population growth keeps increasing.

The 15% increase in 1 year is the highest since 1918. This alone, debunks the nonsense that the OP and others keep posting.

That said, we will not have final numbers for 2020 until next summer at the earliest.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
This shows that masks... are actually effective.

Wellll.. not really.

swprs.org...

However, if that was true (common influenza transmission being greatly reduced), it does beg the question why masks were never advocated before? Ah well, our masters could have saved tons of people, nevermind.

That said, we will not have final numbers for 2020 until next summer at the earliest.
[

That's no good, Rona III will be out by then.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Again, your chart shows deaths from February 1st until December 19th, with the death statistics for the past month or so being incomplete. There will be extra deaths added from the past month or so, also missing is deaths from the month of January and we still have about a week and a half of this year.... January has 31 days, plus the week and a half give 6 weeks of missing data plus the incomplete data from the past month.

The experts are estimating over 3.2 million deaths in the US for 2020. We will not have the final numbers until at least next summer as accurate death statistics take some time before the official numbers and report is released.

I am not sure if you missed something or trying to be intellectually dishonest here.

www.theguardian.com...

Final mortality data for this year will not be available for months, but preliminary numbers suggest the country will see more than 3.2 million deaths this year.....
US deaths increase most years, so some annual rise in fatalities is expected. But the 2020 numbers are expected to amount to a jump of about 15%, which would mark the largest single-year percentage leap since 1918, when tens of thousands of US soldiers died in the first world war and hundreds of thousands of Americans died in the 1918 flu pandemic.
The “experts” are “estimating “ you say? Wow you’ve sold me... so besides opinion you have no published stats to support your claims?

edit on 26-12-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I don't know about the rest of the world, but our leaders are treating the U.S. population like our IQ's are at the MORON level.

U.S. Deaths from Covid-19 are minor, which is why 2020 will finish with approximately the same overall deaths in the USA, as 2019, 2018, etc..

From Congressman Mark Gonsalves: twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I don't know about the rest of the world, but our leaders are treating the U.S. population like our IQ's are at the MORON level.

U.S. Deaths from Covid-19 are minor, which is why 2020 will finish with approximately the same overall deaths in the USA, as 2019, 2018, etc..

Only has been pointed repeatedly the us won't finish with approximately the same overall death count.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Only has been pointed repeatedly the us won't finish with approximately the same overall death count.

From the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).

Through 12/31/2020: 2,913,144 Total USA Deaths.
Source: www.cdc.gov...

For 2019: 2,854,838 Total USA Deaths.

USA Deaths per day in 2020: 7,981
USA Deaths per day in 2019: 7,821

BIG Picture = Not much difference.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Bull$h|t!

The numbers you have posted are incomplete.

Even the most conservative estimates for 2020 show total deaths in the US well over 3 million with 3.2 million being a widely accepted estimate.

Revisit this thread this summer when the official 2020 death numbers are released and the OP will once again be proven wrong.

edit on 2-1-2021 by jrod because: G

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Its always a good idea to read your own sources properly

The numbers you are using for 2020 excludes the entire month of January and has incomplete numbers for November and December.

This has already been explained in this thread repeatedly .

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

The OP has no regard for actual facts. There are countless threads from the OP that have been proven false and the poster just hopes the thread dies and never admits to be wrong.

As we can see on here time and again, many will blindly accept the OP's disinformation if it aligns with their confirmation bias.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 06:51 AM
link   

The OP has no regard for actual facts. There are countless threads from the OP that have been proven false and the poster just hopes the thread dies and never admits to be wrong.

As we can see on here time and again, many will blindly accept the OP's disinformation if it aligns with their confirmation bias.

Its quite impressive when someone actually provides a link in their OP that shows the entire premises of the thread to be wrong.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

wrong on all counts. the pandemic is a hoax. so sad so many swallowed it whole

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

I have had COVID. It is NOT just a flu...it sucks. This is coming from a healthy middle aged non-smoker. I do not have time to list all the ailments I experienced.

Almost a month later I'm still sleeping almost 12 hours a day and have chronic fatigue, but I was lucky I never got pneumonia from it...had that happened I would have likely had to be hospitalized.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   

What is most impressive is the OP just ignores this and continues to post as if the title of the thread is true.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   

The numbers you are using for 2020 excludes the entire month of January and has incomplete numbers for November and December.

Re: www.cdc.gov...

The 58,796 for 2/1/2020, are the number of deaths that occurred in the final week of January 2020.

And, keep in mind that only 6% of all Covid-19 deaths are 100% caused by Covid-19. 94% of them are people who had 2 or more pre-existing medical conditions before contracting Covid-19.
edit on 1/2/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/2/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Re: www.cdc.gov...

The 58,796 for 2/1/2020, are the number of deaths that occurred in the final week of January 2020.

And, keep in mind that only 6% of all Covid-19 deaths are 100% caused by Covid-19. 94% of them are people who had 2 or more pre-existing medical conditions before contracting Covid-19.

I don't think anyone is arguing that people with pre existing conditions are more vulnerable, doesn't make them any less dead.

That is one of the reasons the excess deaths figure is an important indicator of if Covid really is killing more people .

The figures you linked show excess deaths per week, did you look at that? There is categorically no doubt that more people are dying in 2020. You either haven't read your own link or are lying, which is it?

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   

If there are hundreds of thousands of "excess deaths" due to Covid-19, they are barely noticeable in the big picture.

The damage exacted by politicians and "experts" in the name of Covid-19 however, has been far more devastating than the disease itself.

edit on 1/3/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join