It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I keep hearing about Reparations

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   
All jokes aside

It is a 100% certainty that President Harris WILL fork out taxpayers money for ‘reparations’ the very moment she is questioned about it on camera.

We all know that to be true.

It will be in the form of cash money and it will be for ONE group of people only.

Sorry Lumeneri. It won’t be for Native Americans or Homosexuals. President Harris’ ideology doesn’t view ‘your people’ as important.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Ex post facto laws are not allowed in the US. Slave owners were operating legally in their time, and besides, they're all dead. If one feels that a particular family benefitted from their ancestors, sue that family. It all looks like a civil court case to me.

So let's say they did this reparations thing. How does that work? This generation of idiots are the lucky winners and that's it? The previous generations got nothing, and the future generations are out of luck? Or do we have to pay and keep paying forever? Like a blackmail scheme?

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Reparations is like the second place loser bragging to his friends how he competed in a tournament and lost.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I thought Reparations was what happened when people loot the local Foot Locker.

Well you know how that works, whose is getting or taking undeserved reparations here.

Black Wall street.

If there are reparations , my immediate family members should not qualify as we are relative new comers, yeah my old lineage in-laws and cousins are.,because their immediate ancestors went through this,
A white mob wiped this all-black Florida town off the map. 60 years later their story was finally told

timeline.com...

Recommend klik^^ the above

What?? No reparations?? See a lot of folks think this is just about Slavery and no one has been a slave, for a long time..actually not that long, many ppl knew some one who was an enslaved person or knew some one who knew an enslaved person, but that's stories for another day.

I will not post pics of strange fruits swaying in southern breeze, too gross and painful.
No one got arrested ..Black Lives Matters not! back then it hardly matters now! .
edit on 16-12-2020 by Spider879 because: Fix stuff.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I demand reparations for this "white privilege" I keep hearing about that I didn't get. I must have overslept the day they were handing that out.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
I demand reparations for this "white privilege" I keep hearing about that I didn't get. I must have overslept the day they were handing that out.

Ohio police department shares video of tense traffic stop

www.news5cleveland.com...

Well if you are a bonafide white person and you live in Ohio you could be like this guy

Black man fatally shot by Ohio deputy was entering his own home, holding a Subway sandwich, family says

www.adn.com...

Same State almost the same time period, perhaps days apart, what you wouldn't want to be is this guy...Btw no investigation is possible because , they waited days to put in the necessary paper work , so the scene is now contaminated.
So Mr Catterpillage , therein lays your privilege.

edit on 16-12-2020 by Spider879 because: Fix stuff.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

No, the last book in the Bible is called The 'Revelation' of Jesus Christ.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
If your father robbed a bank and gave you the money he stole; would you keep it or give it back?.

You're basing your entire premise on a hypothetical anecdote instead of something that happened in real life?

originally posted by: chr0naut

No, the last book in the Bible is called The 'Revelation' of Jesus Christ.

The last book of the Bible is usually called The Revelation of St. John the Baptist. But anyway...

Why are you telling me this? or Which post are you replying to?
edit on 16-12-2020 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

If you happen to look like the gentlemen that robbed the bank, does that also make you responsible?

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 04:57 AM
link   
True, let them have a check and a one way ticket back to their native land, plenty of room for growth in their good old homeland, besides they can also sue the ancestors of the very same countrymen who sold them in the first place! a reply to: CryHavoc

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: CryHavoc

Are they going after the African tribes that captured the opposing tribes people during tribal wars who then sold their ancestors to the white man for profits? or does Reparations doesn't go that far back?

I’ve tracked it all down to a Nigerian prince. He claims he will pay reparations but first you must send him $500 to test the bank transfer.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2ndSEED
True, let them have a check and a one way ticket back to their native land, plenty of room for growth in their good old homeland, besides they can also sue the ancestors of the very same countrymen who sold them in the first place! a reply to: CryHavoc

Kinda look like Texas???
Actually that's not a bad idea , many nations in Africa were enjoying a boom economy pre Covid, which they handled like a boss. So far 2,404,414 infection for a continent of a billion + ppl hope they don't get all cocky tho.
But here is why you might been on to something.

So, to mark the 400-year anniversary of the depopulation of Ghana, the country heralded 2019 as “The Year of Return.” In this acknowledgement, the President Akufo-Addo invited all displaced Africans back to his country for a “spiritual and birth-right” journey. Akufo-Addo also publicly apologized to all African descendants, owning the fact that Africans tribal leaders were involved in the slave trade. And, as a reparation for being sold into slavery, he invited African slave descendants to return home to the motherland to engage with our ancestral culture, and to reinvest in the country, the soil from which our ancestors came.

One Ghanaian tribe chief offered 5000 acres of land to Black people living in the Diaspora as an incentive to return to the motherland. Watch below video for more info.
oliviafscott.medium.com...

And yeah a bunch of them actually apologised and accepted the negative role their direct ancestors play in that horrible business.
m.youtube.com...
Random vid of AAs who made that move.
edit on 16-12-2020 by Spider879 because: Add content

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

originally posted by: Lumenari
Or are they just going to be considered red-headed step-children forever...

Only the red-headed ones.

Owning slaves 100 or 200 years ago was wage theft carried out by the ancestors of a subsection of the US population. Wage theft that resulted in wealth accumulation by those ancestors and passed down to that subsection of the US population as inheritance.

Wow - since I've never gotten any inheritance (most of which probably would have been lost because of the Great Depression anyway) I have no responsibility for that.

You know the Economy of America almost disappeared 90 years ago, right? And almost everyone was on an equal economic footing, right? This is a fact.

Also, one of my Ancestors got his citizenship fighting for the Union Army in the Civil War.

Something tells me that African Americans where on average worse off then the slave owning families during the great depression.

During a depression the value of assets are depressed but they don't disappear. The value returns when the depression is recovered from.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
No, if your great great granpappy robbed a bank and got away with it till now, should you be required to pay it all back, adjusted for inflation of course? That is a more apt analogy. Plus, contrary to retarded belief, a tiny minority of people owned slaves. It wasn't like every white person had a few slaves and #.

Yet no one is asking others to individually pay back ALL the wages stolen from Slaves pulse intrest.

An individual's responsibility would be a small fraction of the whole; presumably equal to the small fraction of wage theft that the individual has benefited from.

Your point about not every one alive in the US today having slave owning ancestors is an important one. My family was in Italy at the time; so I personally don't feel any responsibility for the wage theft carried out by some American families.

But the next argument would be that the US government itself was complicit in that wage theft and so is responsible for paying that money back.

When someone is injured by the negligence of my government I might not personally responsible for paying any damages, but my government is and I do pay taxes to cover that responsibility.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   

No one is responsible for the crimes of their Ancestors.

If your father robbed a bank and gave you the money he stole; would you keep it or give it back?.

It’s not your father.
It’s your great,great,great,great,great,great, grandfather.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

No one is responsible for the crimes of their Ancestors.

It’s not your father.
It’s your great,great,great,great,great,great, grandfather.

And you don't have to pay it all back.

Just a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction... plus interest.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Actually I don’t have to pay any of it back.
But I am willing to consider a full repayment in confederate currency.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Actually I don’t have to pay any of it back.
But I am willing to consider a full repayment in confederate currency.

I was using the metamorphic "you".

However we shall see if we all need to pay it back. If one day more than half the population agrees we will be paying it back.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Perhaps when that day comes for the great paying up, instead of just handing out fat checks, we could distribute some of it in more tangible ways.

Part of the restitution could be giving every poor, whether black, or other minorities for that matter a completely free Federal ID card to use when voting. (Some say that black people cant afford an ID, hence why voter ID laws are racist and suppressing the black vote). So, give them FREE! Even include an uber fee for those that cant get there. Heck, even pay them for their time!

Another chunk of the reparations could be in the form of tuition payments for education. (Free college!)

Other things could include, housing assistance, utility assistance, monthly payments to help with food purchases, a monthly stipend for basic necessities, vouchers for helping pay for car repairs,

Things like that.

Could even throw in government provided health insurance for those that dont have any. For free.

Another way to make up some of the restitution could be to give black people a hiring preference for government, union, and other well paying jobs.

edit on 12 16 2020 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

There's libs in every family. It's my father's family in mine too. They all show up in their Pruises with their Obama stickers. Even better, they're journalists and teachers.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join