It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I keep hearing about Reparations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
First, I'd like to explain:

No one is responsible for the crimes of their Ancestors.

I think this is even in the U.N. laws or maybe it's NATO.

Second:

I'd be happy to vote to give someone a plane ticket to whichever county their Ancestor was from, maybe even some money in the currency for that country as well - as a type of start up.

But only if they renounce or have their American citizenship revoked and don't come back.

If their Ancestors didn't want to be here and were brought here against their will, then a part of Reparations should be to send their Descendants back.

I think that's fair.

If they don't want to go back, then they aren't really asking for Reparations, are they.

What are they really asking for?

This seems like a very big Social Issue to me.
edit on 15-12-2020 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Where do you keep hearing about reparations from?

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc
First, I'd like to explain:

I think this is even in the U.N. laws or maybe it's NATO.

Second:

I'd be happy to vote to give someone a plane ticket to whichever county their Ancestor was from, maybe even some money in the currency for that country as well - as a type of start up.

As a Native American, could my Reparations be sending some of my white family members back to England?

Because they are obviously racist anyways (did I mention they were white?) and I don't need any actual money because I figured out how to make that myself in America.

But they are SUCH a drag on family occasions that I just think it would be nice if we deported them.

edit on 15-12-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I thought we were done talking about reparations until the stolen election stopped being in the news?

+36 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I thought Reparations was what happened when people loot the local Foot Locker.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
My family got kicked off the island...

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This was never about principle but about free #.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlbatrossMaker

There's a group in Will County, Illinois (next to Chicago) dedicated to "Repairing the Transgenerational Damage done through Slavery, the Black Codes, the War on Drugs and Mass Incarceration in Will County, Illinois.

EDIT: Also, there's this article from 2017 which the author does everyone's thinking for them.

White People are responsibe for their Ancestors

originally posted by: Lumenari
As a Native American, could my Reparations be sending some of my white family members back to England?

Because they are obviously racist anyways (did I mention they were white?) and I don't need any actual money because I figured out how to make that myself in America.

But they are SUCH a drag on family occasions that I just think it would be nice if we deported them.

That's a whole other subject.

And contrary to popular belief, not all White People are Racist.
edit on 15-12-2020 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The Anglo-Irish where more "enslaved" in America than any "afro-American" can ever clame. Not to mention the Chinese, that built our railroads.

But? You don't see us wanting "40 Acr and a mule"....
We F'n fought, killed ourselves, out of "servitude". We f'n fought for North and South!

"Reparation", is the cry, for that "sick" lame, and "lazy" person, that hasn't earned it.

Very few "Black Americans" living today, can trace thier "roots", to any "slaves". That is a "fact"!

But many "white" Americans, can.

Jews, Irish,..etc....

It doesn't matter "your skin collor/colour"! Can you do what you said/say, you'd do?

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I was making a joke.

I am not good at it, I have found.

Christmas is coming and I am going to have to deal with my Father's side of the family, who are the whitest people on the planet and champagne limousine San Fransisco Liberals.

So I'm not looking forward to being thrown under the bus by supporting Trump this time around.

Although they loved me when I supported Obama.

Well partially... they have still never forgiven my Father for marrying what they call a "blanket baby"... my Cherokee Mother.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

If your father robbed a bank and gave you the money he stole; would you keep it or give it back?.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Well my ancestors were in the Irish potato famine,another was killed at a football match when the Black and tans drove into the stadium and shot the place up,do I get reparations from the British government... no

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Lol never heard of Illinois.

No seriously, are the descendants of black slaves better off now than if they were still in Africa? I have a feeling they are.

+25 more 
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

If your father robbed a bank and gave you the money he stole; would you keep it or give it back?.

And owning slaves 100 or 200 years ago has absolutely nothing to do with what you just posted?

Worst. Analogy. EVER.

link   

I was making a joke.

Oh, but you are.

I always look forward to reading your take on whatever the topic may be.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

No more token status for you maam!

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Lumenari

No more token status for you maam!

Well.

Poop.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

And owning slaves 100 or 200 years ago has absolutely nothing to do with what you just posted?

Worst. Analogy. EVER.

Owning slaves 100 or 200 years ago was wage theft carried out by the ancestors of a subsection of the US population. Wage theft that resulted in wealth accumulation by those ancestors and passed down to that subsection of the US population as inheritance.

The analogy seems perfectly fine to me.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

I was making a joke.

Oh, but you are.

I always look forward to reading your take on whatever the topic may be.

I am aware that my sense of humor is like how I like my coffee.

Dark and bitter.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Are they going after the African tribes that captured the opposing tribes people during tribal wars who then sold their ancestors to the white man for profits? or does Reparations doesn't go that far back?

edit on 511231America/ChicagoTue, 15 Dec 2020 22:51:45 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join