It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murders up all over US this year

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
When Policemen break the law, then there is no law, just a fight for survival.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I'll have to give it a watch tonight. Thanks.

First time being in a big city. I was awed at the vast mass of it all. Not just of steel, glass and concrete. The amount of humanity in a singular spot. Never stuck me as a safe and healthy place to want to live.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

When you let one bad apple spoil the bunch you starve

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I call bull# on this one... these "Cities" have been falling for decades.. look at their leadership... Comon man... lmao

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I also can't believe they are still blaming video games!

I remember a famous case from college that asked the question whether violence from TV/Movies created violence in kids, and this case became famous, but for the wrong reasons. It was used as an example to demonstrate that correlation did not mean causation. The initial result was that violence on TV and Movies DID lead to violence in kids and it was what the experts thought for about 15 years. Then they discovered that kids already violent also like violent shows, so that skew their results... In the end shows didn't create anymore or less violence in kids. If we wanted to play the correlation game...computer games started to grow big in the 90s and it just so happened that crime started to decrease in the 90s and every year since.

If there is an increase today I would put it on the left's agenda to attack the police as systematic racism.

I also am not for defunding the police, but I do think we need
more mental health access in the US.

I wouldn't say "but" its more of a "not defund police AND provide more mental health access" statement.

Well most mental health institutions are gone, today there is like 14 beds per 100,000 people, so people end up in jail, on the street, or at home.
edit on 10-12-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

sorry good parenting to a degree helps certain individuals make it great.. You can be the best parent but when that kid is so out of hand what can you do? sending away is not the answer... showing how to make a decent American could be?

I got spanked as a kid, I knew there were going to be consequences if I smeared anything... Did I once think to call someone? hell nah I had that phone stretched 30 feet, talking to a girl I haven't heard from in 20 years... put your diapers away, stop the mangina sheet an go about you business..

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

1) Really need to see this on a per capita basis.
2) Need to know raw numbers of murders for each city relative to the increase. For example, a city with 10 murders that jumps to 15 murders has a 50% increase whereas a city with 100 murders that jumps to 120 has 20% increase.

I believe they use per 100,000 for most measurements dealing with people...kind of aligns everyone the same.

I suspect many of the republican cities are smaller and thus smaller numbers of murders result in large percentage change whereas the Democrat cities are more populous so relatively large increase in murders may not necessarily result in a large percentage change.

By this statement I estimate Detroit and Chicago have populations at about 200 million each...lol

It is pretty obvious why crime is up. Police have stepped back from arresting those who are most likely to commit the offense due to all the defund the police and other protests.

Whether in gang areas or nice areas this is most likely a big part... Add in lockdowns, business losses, job losses..a lot of extra mental issues with no one minding the store...

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlbBlack

put your diapers away, stop the mangina sheet an go about you business..

Tell that to the millennials who are screwing everything up...lol

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
This is a multi-generational effort. We got diaper wearing elderlys running state wide offices and idealistic kids running local districts.

All of which, are interested in one thing. Themselves.

The mighty green. Not the leaf.

Our mayor gladly sold our police force to Minneapolis, they've quit. Crime is going up.

Where are our bands of mental health experts deescalating hostile situations?

Where are our health officials monitoring and helping our mental health?

They're in the Bahamas, Caribbean. While we're stuck locked down for flattening the curve.

This isn't one generations fault. Its older generations kicking the can down the road and younger generations thinking they know best.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join