It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murders up all over US this year

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
www.vox.com...

The homicide rate is significantly up in American cities. Here are some explanations for why.

Analysis of 51 cities with murder data through at least September shows murder up 35.7% YTD relative to 2019.

Big cities tend to overstate national trends in crime, but the national change in murder in 2020 will be historically awful.

D cities +36.2%
R cities +35.6%

I was shocked to see two cities in my state way up, Milwaukee & Madison.
What I wasn't shocked by was that both Democratic cities and Republican cities had
an almost equal share of problems & violence.

I also can't believe they are still blaming video games!
I also am not for defunding the police, but I do think we need
more mental health access in the US.

edit on 10-12-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Take away people's ability to support themselves

Shut people away into isolated areas

Ratchet up fear of death from a pandemic

Ratchet up fear over future prosperity

And you tip more and more people over that fine line that is manageable stress into despair

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It's hardly a surprise is it?
Discord and anti authority is basically being encouraged today so this is a pretty obvious consequence.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
If you want a taste of what's to come I recommend mouse utopia you can google it or watch the video. Its spooky how similarly familiar we two species act towards one another.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Teach a Man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime 😎

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Virtually legalizing rioting didn’t help either.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

What happens when you take away his fishing pole; and restrict his access to the lake "for his own good"?

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=25620823]JAGStorm[/post

It's crazy. Every day here we have shootings...on the freeway, in the neighborhood, suburbs...wife n I or just her...can get shot at anytime right here.

It's gonna get worse...people will get desperate. Maybe not you and I fortunately...but the masses...with kids alone...are vastly unprepared.

PS H Holidays, J! Stay well...

edit on 10-12-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Milwaukee is getting crazy...
No doubt it's always been bad, but it's worse now.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGhoul

WOW!! mouse utopia

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The government is giving the impression that they are not going to persue punishing criminals....so the crimes will get worse. That is what happens when they do not throw rioters in prison and people tied to government join groups to bail out criminals.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
What happens when you take away his fishing pole; and restrict his access to the lake "for his own good"?

You start seeing this .......

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Or..poison the water by rolling back environmental protections, no fish, or they are poisoned.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The government is giving the impression that they are not going to persue punishing criminals....so the crimes will get worse. That is what happens when they do not throw rioters in prison and people tied to government join groups to bail out criminals.

So many discussion on Kyle Rittenhouse & rioters and none on
why they weren't all arrested....

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Some weak analysis... a few things I see just from a quick look.

1) Really need to see this on a per capita basis.
2) Need to know raw numbers of murders for each city relative to the increase. For example, a city with 10 murders that jumps to 15 murders has a 50% increase whereas a city with 100 murders that jumps to 120 has 20% increase.

I suspect many of the republican cities are smaller and thus smaller numbers of murders result in large percentage change whereas the Democrat cities are more populous so relatively large increase in murders may not necessarily result in a large percentage change.

I also want to see demographic breakdown. Is this the usual urban black thug murders or are random white suburban moms being murdered?

I love how the article mentions increases in gun purchases yet fails to note that most murders by guns are with illegally owned firearms.

It is pretty obvious why crime is up. Police have stepped back from arresting those who are most likely to commit the offense due to all the defund the police and other protests.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Really? Uncles Sam's gonna get half his fish strait off the top providing rules, regs lisence and fees even permitted him to fish to begin with.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGhoul

The Corbett report actually did some pretty good coverage of this yesterday or the day before and how it relates to future humanity.

edit on 10/12/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I lived awhile near you North in Mequon, Theinsville. Taught guitar lessons in West Allis round 80.

I've digressed...yes, nowhere is safe. Even just sitting in your car on a nice day...

I loved living over there ('cross L. Mich)

Stay safe

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Or..poison the water by rolling back environmental protections, no fish, or they are poisoned.

See I would have used an "over fishing" analogy as a rebuttal.

Maybe big brother does need to restrict access to the lake and fishing pole in order to insure a sustainable harvest. That could be seen as an action being taken for the fisherman's "own good" in the long term even if it hurts him in the short term.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

See I would have used an "over fishing" analogy as a rebuttal.

Maybe big brother does need to restrict access to the lake and fishing pole in order to insure a sustainable harvest. That could be seen as an action being taken for the fisherman's "own good" in the long term even if it hurts him in the short term.

Good and fair point. A huge problem in oceanic fisheries is other countries..China as a good example, who troll just outside boundaries, and would happily pluck every living thing out of the ocean.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join