It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Businesses Close To Protect Us They Need Reimbursed By Us

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I lost my job due to COVID. Sadly, I don't have anything to pay.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Should those who benefited and never missed a beat due to government largess enjoy the windfall and not realize it came on the back of innocent victims?

See the problem is you can't think past government handouts, which are wholly insufficient. I'm talking about do we treat this like the aftermath of other disasters and pull out our checkbooks to help our own, or turn our backs on our own people?

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

I lost my job due to COVID. Sadly, I don't have anything to pay.

You're one of the victims I'm talking about. Did you make more on unemployment than you made at your job, or did you lose your income entirely like many business owners did, who are working for no pay right now? Some businesses have spent all their savings and even borrowed to keep their people paid. What about them is part of what I'm asking.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

My short answer is...nope.
I didn’t cause these businesses to shut down.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I guess if it's done on a very local level, I wouldn't mind so much. But it never is, is it? So if it was implemented in my province or country, than I would be paying for people that locked down, while I kept on working. My town didn't shut down, so why should we pay for those that did?

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

No, I didn't make more, and am facing the loss of a career. It's not pretty for anybody out there, unless your name is Bezos.

link   
Additionally, you act like it's somehow my/our fault this is happening.

I will tell you that I have done my best to continue to patronize every small business I had regular interaction with as much as I could during this whole thing. Some have even gotten more business from me, but with the rules in place, I can only do so much without flagrantly breaking the law, and that takes two. If a business isn't willing to risk it, I'm not.

I'm participating in a small martial arts tourney this weekend and some of my own money is certainly going into our instructors' pocket with the fees involved which is part of my point here.

link   
You can't call the "no politics" card when there is direct evidence of the dnc and blm connection.
The blm donations page went to the dnc.
The mask/covid stuff is being overwhelmingly pushed by dem politicians.
You've got what's going on here appearing as a giant corporate attack with government backing of small biz closures.
This topic is nothing but political.

You can't have a non political discussion about who should be liable without politics being involved when politicians have created the problem.

Trillions printed to big biz, on top of record sales numbers, on top of killing off small biz.
Measly fake money to the small biz association, or whatever it was, gobbled up by that entity amongst themselves, via knowing the filings and taking the cash.

It's a massive cluster.

I am a private investor and haven't seen any stimulus...wasn't qualified.
I pay my own health insurance, etc, etc
The secondary effect of this nonsense is in real estate investing. The markett is crazy..zero inventory, foreclosures halted and extremely difficult market, all capped off with 1-500% price hikes on raw materials.

It is freakin insane right now.
Who should pay?

Ending the fake, unneeded income tax designed as a barrier to success would be a good start.

Corporations that took all the printed money should return it immediately with interest or be liquidated and given to small biz and others. Imho

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

To what extent?!

I am not made of money. I've already lost a portion of my own job to this.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

See the problem is you can't think past government handouts, which are wholly insufficient. I'm talking about do we treat this like the aftermath of other disasters and pull out our checkbooks to help our own, or turn our backs on our own people?

Nope. Only airlines and cruise ship companies get bailouts.

See the problem here?

Billions in bailouts for a few companies. Meanwhile, your common Joe got $1200.

Who sets up those policies?

Politicians.

link   

You want to help your own? Don't go along with this #. Support your local businesses. Protest them being locked down, write the assholes doing this and tell them you don't want it. If a business tries to stay open, support them. If they don't follow the rules, don't be a #ing Karen and report them.

So much of this # has only been allowed to happen because of idiots who bend over and say yes sir when they're told to move along like sheep. If you give a # about your local businesses, do the right thing and fight to get them opened. Show your support for them through your actions, don't be a mindless idiot that let's some random #ing people tell you what you should and shouldn't do. It's not hard.

If you want to support local businesses. Help them stay open or get them open again. Tell your politicians to go # themselves.
edit on 4/12/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/12/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

link   

Thats what happens when government stifles capitalism in every scenario. But no. The small business owners took the risk. The giant tech companies had record breaking years. Let them pay for it.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Maybe the government should just nationalize all businesses so they'll be protected in the future.

I thought you were quicker than that. I'm talking about a community taking care of its own. You know charity.

I'm seeing some of that, but not nearly enough, and I'm not talking about myself here.

Earthquake in Bugistan wipes out a city, we beat feet to deliver a check to a charity, and we fall all over ourselves to help them rebuild better than they were before. Happens at home, meh let the government do it.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

It happens all the time at home with every disaster out there, but a disaster like a hurricane or a tornado or a wildfire is largely an act of God.

This is an act of man, specifically our own government. They caused this. They need to make it whole again. That's the difference here.

**EDIT**

You couch this in language as if the businesses shut down voluntarily. They did not. Most of them had plans in place they could use to protect patrons without needing to be forced into shutting down by the government.

edit on 4-12-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I will tell you that I have done my best to continue to patronize every small business I had regular interaction with as much as I could during this whole thing.

Bingo! I’ve done the same. Just one example. I eat out every day. Try to hit as many different places in a week as possible. My gratuities average above 35%.

The only way we can help them instantly, right now, is to feed their pockets.

link   
a reply to: highvein

Charity directed at your neighbors has zero to do with the government, but I expected this response. We're brainwashed to think the government should do everything.

link   

What's even scarier is that govs started and seeded these tech companies.
Probably with stolen tax dollars.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Charity directed at your neighbors has zero to do with the government, but I expected this response. We're brainwashed to think the government should do everything.

And this has nothing to do with charity. Charity is another issue.

This has to do with someone running a business and being told they cannot work by their government and losing everything because of that and no other reason. You are missing the key component here - they did not shut down by choice. They were forced and labeled nonessential by some bureaucrat somewhere who was likely equally nonessential except he or she was in government.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
I spend my workdays talking to business owners and managers, so I have a good idea of what's happening.

If a business closes due to a government order to protect the public, the public should immediately reimburse them, and their employees out of their pockets. They should be made whole and made whole quickly.

I talk to businesses all day long while working, and the damage is way worse than people realize. Many are not public facing businesses and are not visible, but they are being destroyed. All to protect other people. The idea that so many will end up destroyed with no compensation is crazy.

Many businesses I talk to have had a normal year and some even have had increased profits due to COVID-19. For them it's a big nothing and just an inconvenience. Too many of them however, are telling me they will be closed by February or have already closed. Some owners sound almost suicidal.

Why were they destroyed? To protect everyone else, and let's be honest here, they should be immediately made whole by the people they closed to protect.

Too much attention is being paid to who they are protecting at great personal sacrifice, but little is being said these days about what happens to those who lose it all, in many cases a lifetime of work gone.

I'm only able to post between trying to pay my bills, so be patient if I'm slow to reply.

Note: This is not political so nothing political should be in any reply. Please keep this clean. Pretty Please!

Japan has a program to compensate businesses. Why America doesn't, well, the main stream news won't say anything about it. Yet the US govt has money to rebuild China, and many other countries. Sick politicians are really in charge of your lives in America.

Wasn't bailout used for that purpose. Oh, correct if I'm wrong, but they need money to control the breeding of large cats these days.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Nice. I try do the same thing. I really can't afford to do it either.
Gd Walmart has run most biz out of the area even before this scamdemic killed off the rest.
Full parking lot every day since.

They did start to play chill music inside and out so people don't rage though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join