It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Businesses Close To Protect Us They Need Reimbursed By Us

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I spend my workdays talking to business owners and managers, so I have a good idea of what's happening.

If a business closes due to a government order to protect the public, the public should immediately reimburse them, and their employees out of their pockets. They should be made whole and made whole quickly.

I talk to businesses all day long while working, and the damage is way worse than people realize. Many are not public facing businesses and are not visible, but they are being destroyed. All to protect other people. The idea that so many will end up destroyed with no compensation is crazy.

Many businesses I talk to have had a normal year and some even have had increased profits due to COVID-19. For them it's a big nothing and just an inconvenience. Too many of them however, are telling me they will be closed by February or have already closed. Some owners sound almost suicidal.

Why were they destroyed? To protect everyone else, and let's be honest here, they should be immediately made whole by the people they closed to protect.

Too much attention is being paid to who they are protecting at great personal sacrifice, but little is being said these days about what happens to those who lose it all, in many cases a lifetime of work gone.

I'm only able to post between trying to pay my bills, so be patient if I'm slow to reply.

Note: This is not political so nothing political should be in any reply. Please keep this clean. Pretty Please!

+26 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Or, how about, allow businesses to operate and make money, protect the people who are especially vulnerable and stop all this idiotic insanity?

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

It is what it is, and that's not the topic. This is about what has and is happening.

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Ok...how about the politicians forcing this on us have their salaries directed directly to every business they've forced closed until they allow them to open again?

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I say no. It's not like we voted for this #. So why should we pay for the reprecussions?
edit on Fri, 04 Dec 2020 17:23:53 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Sigh

I asked you to please not make it political. Are you incapable of that?

This is about how do we deal with what has already happened. Do we turn our backs on people?

+10 more 
link   

Solution: Don’t force businesses to close. No one has to pay anyone.!

+4 more 
link   

Maybe the government should just nationalize all businesses so they'll be protected in the future.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

edit on 12-4-2020 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I agree. It is America's responsibility to compensate. The people that made the decisions to harm businesses with unbalanced directives were put there by Americans as a whole, so regardless of how unfair it is to anyone, it IS every Americans responsibility whether they agree or not to pay for it all.

link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Sigh

This is about how do we deal with what has already happened. Do we turn our backs on people?

Hey, I’m not big into politics either. However, it is directly related to your OP.

There is no secret that a certain party is enforcing much harsher draconian measures than the other.

No ones going to pay these poor folks. So the only solution is to remove from power, those that don’t care about their people’s livelihoods.

+10 more 
link   

It's politicians enforcing this. How is it not political? Businesses get raided worse than drug dealers if they stay open or break covid rules. It's not them doing these things to themselves.

Covid rules are nothing but politicians telling people and businesses what to do in the name of 'public safety'.
edit on 4/12/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

They were destroyed to protect us, were they not?

I know this is a hard one, and I've not formed an opinion, but I do know that innocent, hard-working people are being utterly destroyed.

Laying politics aside, what do we do for them? The damage is already done. I put this in social issues on purpose to address it without the fog of politics. Should society turn it's back on the innocent victims?

If a hurricane or earthquake wipes out a community we, the USA we, step up to the plate and bend over backwards to help.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Sigh

That's not making it political. It's the answer. The government is the one who closed these businesses. The government and its workforce is where the money should come from, and if it makes you feel better, the money government has ultimately comes from all of us.

But let's be plain -- a lot of us are suffering from this, and you want us to make these people whole. There are a lot of us who have problems being whole ourselves.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

It's politicians enforcing this. How is it not political? Businesses get raided worse than drug dealers if they stay open or break covid rules. It's not them doing these things to themselves.

Covid rules are nothing but politicians telling people and.businesses what to do.

Yes, that's already happened and what do we do to help the victims as citizens is not a political topic. It already happened, what now? Turn our backs?

Why you can't get that politics has nothing to do with this is beyond understanding.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

They were destroyed to protect us, were they not?

No they were destroyed by the arbitrary decisions of retarded politicians that lack any common sense or logic in the name of protecting us from ourselves like chldren.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

What the hell, I don't think so, Blaine. That's ass-backward here, I didn't MAKE these places close down for "our betterment/safety", I've consistently and very strongly objected to closures of any kind, for any reason. However, the government did demand this and make it happen, despite the public's objections.

Therefore, the GOVERNMENT needs to buck up and at minimum, void at least all property tax payments at minimum for businesses adversely impacted. Not delay payment, void the due bills entirely. That, as well as ALL the politicians responsible (i.e those who supported/pressured closures, not those who openly & consistently objected to that) need to forfeit the entirety of their part-time-job salaries to them, for as long as this goes on.

That is a fair method of compensation. I didn't demand any business close, and never will. Thus, I'm not morally or ethically obligated to pony up for businesses I don't patronize to being with. That's politicians' personal responsibility. If they want to make businesses close, THEY get to rectify the financial impact out of their own pockets before anyone else is demanded to.
edit on 12/4/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

First of all, good to bring attention to this. But- it IS political. If you don’t see how it’s being used by politicians, you are willingly being a dunce.

Regular citizens shouldn’t be paying business owners and their employees for their business losses! Unless by that you mean that the legislators should be giving their salaries up for compensation to these businesses, and of course we regular people pay their salaries with our tax dollars. If that’s what you mean, then yes.

Everyone in positions of authority who have ordered these overreaching and unlawful closing of businesses and restrictions of our gathering and movements should be fined their salaries for years. This has been beyond ridiculous, and all for a thing that is less harmful than the flu.

The worst part about this is the lazy, teet-sucking, ass-pounding-loving, willingly non-thinking public. That so many have given up their own personal agency and are proud of it is just truly disgusting.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I spend my workdays talking to business owners and managers, so I have a good idea of what's happening.

If a business closes due to a government order to protect the public, the public should immediately reimburse them, and their employees out of their pockets. They should be made whole and made whole quickly.

I talk to businesses all day long while working, and the damage is way worse than people realize. Many are not public facing businesses and are not visible, but they are being destroyed. All to protect other people. The idea that so many will end up destroyed with no compensation is crazy.

Many businesses I talk to have had a normal year and some even have had increased profits due to COVID-19. For them it's a big nothing and just an inconvenience. Too many of them however, are telling me they will be closed by February or have already closed. Some owners sound almost suicidal.

Why were they destroyed? To protect everyone else, and let's be honest here, they should be immediately made whole by the people they closed to protect.

Too much attention is being paid to who they are protecting at great personal sacrifice, but little is being said these days about what happens to those who lose it all, in many cases a lifetime of work gone.

I'm only able to post between trying to pay my bills, so be patient if I'm slow to reply.

Sympathy with that, there is something of a caveat though, where you say, "If a business closes due to a government order to protect the public"

Thing is, the rules are somewhat chaotic in application, with say, hotels and bars in some areas being now told they cannot sell alcohol and must close early..6pm in fact.
Multi outlet corps, in some areas then, have decided to close altogether, because to stay open at all would cost more than to close down, for any given period.
If there is any truism then, the government needs to look further into how they deal with the problem/s.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Maybe the government should just nationalize all businesses so they'll be protected in the future.

DB drops mic and walks away.
/thread!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join