It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK: Questioning the COVID vaccine may bring terrorism charges.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

If you truly believe that then you are really far gone.

The normal process to approve a vaccine is years ... not months. Granted, a lot of that is bureaucratic BS, but even so, the rigorous testing? That would almost certainly fall somewhere in between.

You might go look up what happened the last time they rushed production on a vaccine for a pandemic. There were all kinds of adverse reactions to it, and I'm not talking the recent H1N1. I'm talking about back further, more like the 1976 Swine Flu vaccine.

There are already reports that with the two-dose vaccine, it can cause high fever and symptoms remarkably like COVID that are intense and sometimes even worse than the actual disease for up to 24 to 48 hours. They are worried people will not come back for round two.

edit on 28-11-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: putnam6

Where have I been "screaming" for any of that?

Exactly?

Here in the UK we get the official r rate daily. It's not 1.7.

I won't spoon feed you. Just Google it.

No worries I hope you are correct, but again if it is that low why all the restrictions? The only way your hospitals would even approach getting overburdened is if it shot up to those March levels of 4.0 plus. But hey if it doesn't bother you fine with me.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Well, it does have a price but in more than just monies.

The alternative doesn't bode well so there's that.

Freedom is a costly illusion but one that most humans cannot live without.

Hence our willingness to pay.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

It:s funny being lectured about freedom of speech by folk from across the Pond when so many of you on here are rabidly for ignoring and disenfranchising the expressed will of millions of your countrymen because they did not vote for Trump!

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

It:s funny being lectured about freedom of speech by folk from across the Pond when so many of you on here are rabidly for ignoring and disenfranchising the expressed will of millions of your countrymen because they did not vote for Trump!

Either way it goes the expressed will of millions is ignored and disenfranchised because of how they voted.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

It is low because of the lockdowns and restrictions, which are economically unsustainable. Hence the need for vaccines.

Savvy, savvy?

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Where are these " reports"?

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Science has moved on a bit since 1976, you know.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
U.S. Mainstream Media is already starting the drumbeat of the vaccines being unsafe. They want to keep FEAR going strong, and the governors imposing tight restrictions on the population.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

So it's just a threat from a public official?

Not a threat at all.
A request for a public debate.

The man is asking for a 'discussion'.
Now you may think being dictated to is preferable but public debates can happen and occassionally do happen.
And if it does happen I strongly suspect this idea will be consigned to the dustbin where it belongs.

Yet another mountain out of a molehill I'm afraid.

Seems to me like some people are desperately seeking to distract and deflect away from other things.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Sensationalist load of bollocks claim by the OP.

Seriously, at least we try and educate ourselves about the USA over here - you guys just read any old tat and then try and make crap up about it.

The guy suggested there should be a conversation about the negative effects of anti-vax campaigning, thats all.

Terrorism charges? Bull#!!!
edit on 28/11/20 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Science has moved on a bit since 1976, you know.

Heh, the process of making vaccines is pretty much the same. Husband does it. There has been very little change in the process since those days.

The reality is that most of our advances into anti-viral medicine and research was fueled largely by HIV/AIDS. Prior to that, not much of anything was done about them because it's very hard to study and research things you largely cannot see or manipulate to any great degree.

With recent advances, things are just starting to change, but it's a slow process.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Pfizer side effects.

Public needs to be better prepped for them.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Ha ha ha ha.

First time you've ever made me chuckle.

Which is why this guys opinion will be talked about, we will take the piss out of it and ridicule it and it'll go no further.

Public debate.
Free speech.

Did you really not see the irony in your post?

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Yeah, I read about them.

One night sweating and aching seems to me like a small price to pay in order to go back to anywhere near 'normal' - whatever that was.
But is that all there is?

I'm not too sure.

As an aside: Should we be wishing to go back to the old 'normal'?
Sure there are bits about it I miss immensely but it was also full of injustice, inequality and shear bloody hatefulness.
I don't mean this in a 'woke' politically correct sort of way but isn't this an opportunity to address some of the wrongs in this world?

Maybe me just being a bit idealistic?

edit on 28/11/20 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Why all the fearmongering? Do you not think the COVID pandemic is real or something?

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Why all the fearmongering? Do you not think the COVID pandemic is real or something?

I don't think it's the mass casualty, shut down everything, force everyone to take a vaccination event you're being convinced it is.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Nanotechnology with reprogrammable matter being the end goal there i suppose.

We need to learn to fight viruses on their own playing field.

And we are beginning to make rapid progress in the field of metallic nanotechnology.

20 to 50 years down the line its not beyond the realms of possibility we will be able to create nanoscale armies and manipulators to do our biological bidding.

Not help us much right now all the same.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

No one is forcing anyone here to be vaccinated.

I am certainly not suggesting it.

1.3 million dead worldwide at least.

I don't think it's the trivial event you are being convinced it is.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yes. The Police over here don't get to make laws.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join