It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Record Breaking Highs' in number of Infections today

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
So, every day you hear how each day is supposedly a record breaking day in infections, whatever the number.

Now, i might be wrong, but, if today were a record breaking number of infections, shouldn't that peak be at the end? Shouldn't that little black dot be the highest point on the little graph? Shouldn't that line be going steadily up?

This was used as an excuse to implement yet more fines for not complying with covid mandates.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Wait till Monday after Thanksgiving. That's the litmus test....hold on.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

This is what our state graph looks like and you can see the pronounced downward curve in the case number trend.

But our press keeps the screaming headlines just like you mention.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

No disease can keep exploding in case numbers forever.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

MSM in April: The Beaches are Covid-19 Super Spreaders!

MSM in November: Holiday Parties are Covid-19 Super Spreaders!

Screw them.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
OH NO! Covid 19 is breaking another record! We're all going to die! AAAAAHHhhh... eh

I have this Covid thing beat. Every time Covid breaks another record, I drink a shot of tequila. No virus can withstand that much alcohol.

On the down side, I'll probably die of liver failure next Thursday. Would that be considered a Covid related death?

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I think the record breaking highs might refer to the people who are taking care of making the news that are the highest they have ever been on cannabis.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I getting sick from this nonsense. You can punch in just about any 2 or 3 digit number into Goog or Bing and get a handful of Covid stories. In my my little community our local fascist news station was told as of today to
on reporting out case numbers and increases by the local gov't officials.

Given (Dark) winter is coming how many "flu" cases will be construed by the media whores as Covid cases.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
if true
I'm not going to check this out since I'm not involve with that BS MLM fake moment
but check the dates that those events were held
infected people can take as little as 2.5 hours and then start infecting others
also it can take up to 42 days for the infection to explode in the human body and be transmissible .
So if you want to see if your thread title is true, follow the events

oh, by the way I posted these claims back in March or April in the Pandemic and Disease forum

but personally you got to ask yourself, how long does it take to get back the test results
and there are 2 types of test available

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

We had thanksgiving a month ago.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Yes, it’s the height of flu season.

How many people are dying? That’s all that matters.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
OH NO! Covid 19 is breaking another record! We're all going to die! AAAAAHHhhh... eh

I have this Covid thing beat. Every time Covid breaks another record, I drink a shot of tequila. No virus can withstand that much alcohol.

On the down side, I'll probably die of liver failure next Thursday. Would that be considered a Covid related death?

man did you know that this is all so good also : www.allrecipes.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Correct. But a pandemic can keep exploding exponentially until about half the population has been infected. At that point the curve will start to flatten all by itself because the infection will start to run out of susceptible individuals. That’s how the mathematics work. Currently we are at about 4% of the population having been infected, so the daily numbers can go up by a factor of 10 or so If we don’t control it.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Forever? No. For a couple of years, if it's a novel virus that we have no immunity to? Yes.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The problem is cases don't mean infected or even sick...

If you are testing more and looking for it more, you are going to get more cases...

All I want to know is numbers of people requiring hospitalization / dying...

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

And that's not true either. Some people have partial t-cell immunity from a different strain of coronavirus that circulates around as a common cold.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

And we have three different vaccines being dropped in the next few weeks to months. So it's not going to last near that long.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Nah, deaths don't matter. Only infections are important. Don't bother paying attention to those deaths. Look how big those numbers are of infections....aren't they scary.

Well...ok...if you must know...province..wide...941 people...Uhhhh...that's a lot...look it's almost 1000. Ooooh...scary. .

link   

originally posted by: dug88
So, every day you hear how each day is supposedly a record breaking day in infections, whatever the number.

Now, i might be wrong, but, if today were a record breaking number of infections, shouldn't that peak be at the end? Shouldn't that little black dot be the highest point on the little graph? Shouldn't that line be going steadily up?

There is almost always a time lag between when tests are done and when they are accurately reported. The time lag can be a week to 10 days. If you smooth the curve to take out the high frequency noise, the line IS going up steadily.

When an epidemic is in the exponential growth phase, every day, week, or month WILL be record breaking, plus or minus some noise on top of the signal.

link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
The problem is cases don't mean infected or even sick...

If you are testing more and looking for it more, you are going to get more cases...

All I want to know is numbers of people requiring hospitalization / dying...

I live in Johnson County, Missouri. My friend was zapped and sent home after having a heart attack last week because there are no available beds here, in Columbia, in Kansas City, or at any of the small hospitals in between. Cases is the definition of infected.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join