It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Went to the Store 100% Mask being worn

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Wow what a change!

When our state (Wisconsin) first locked down, people took it very seriously. There were very few people in the store.
Very shortly after that, people started to form their own opinions and mask use was around 60% and places were much more crowded.
Some places like bars/restaurants there were hardly any masks being worn.

Today I go to my normal grocery store and what a sight. 100% mask use, seriously, not a single person without. This is very very rare for my area.
I know there are other places were everyone always wore masks, but not here.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Great news. Here in Victoria Australia, we have 100% mask wearing and hand washing as well. It seems to be working here, and I'm glad people aren't spreading around something that could potentially kill my older loved ones.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: homerJ
Great news. Here in Victoria Australia, we have 100% mask wearing and hand washing as well. It seems to be working here, and I'm glad people aren't spreading around something that could potentially kill my older loved ones.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: homerJ

I'm glad you like your governing authorities and the s hit they make you peons do, your enthusiasm makes me smile.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Here , masks are not mandated.
I know of only 2 stores (large chains) that require them .
And banks .
I avoid them as much as possible.
edit on 10/4/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I live in the capital of Canada and here, it is mandatory and EVERYONE wears one.
They are actually giving people fines if they are gathering in groups but never at the bars because they have been deemed essential.

I see soooo many idiots just hanging out at bars with no mask and know that the spread is from these idiots.
I woke up this morning and clicked on my news and....ottawasun.com... 53de

My only goal lately is to make sure I am clean shaven and clean....thats the only goal at this time.
It pisses me off that people are like "lets go sit on the patio and be out in public with no mask and have a beer"

Sometimes, you just wanna smack people for not caring about other people and for just being dumb.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: JAGStorm

I live in the capital of Canada and here, it is mandatory and EVERYONE wears one.
They are actually giving people fines if they are gathering in groups but never at the bars because they have been deemed essential.

I see soooo many idiots just hanging out at bars with no mask and know that the spread is from these idiots.
I woke up this morning and clicked on my news and....ottawasun.com... 53de

My only goal lately is to make sure I am clean shaven and clean....thats the only goal at this time.
It pisses me off that people are like "lets go sit on the patio and be out in public with no mask and have a beer"

Sometimes, you just wanna smack people for not caring about other people and for just being dumb.

What about the flu? I guess the flu got cancelled. Back in the day sonny we had an annual sickness called influenza that used to kill lots of people and make millions of others sick with fevers and make them s hit there pants. Back in the old days during flu season the idea of mask wearing was laughable because all of everyones inconsiderate bastard children picked their nose and touch everything. (this of course is after the cancel culture of spanking and public shaming of said child)

The covid rona rona virus is just a bunk ass power grab

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This doesn't relate to grocery stores or shopping experiences but is related vis a vis mask-wearing.

I work in a factory. The work is physically demanding; you can't get enough air to sustain the activity with a mask covering your nose and mouth. So most people pull them down at least to expose their noses and many people wear them under their chins.

But that's ok, because we have to maintain 6 feet of safe social distancing to further decrease the risk of spreading coronavirus. Except, the machines on the factory floor are very loud, so to prevent hearing loss (and therefore, insurance and workers' comp claims), earplugs are required PPE.

So, in order to hear anything anyone else is saying - which is of course crucial if you're training or being trained, or listening to work order instructions, or whatever - you have to get right up next to them, and they have to shout to be heard over machinery and through earplugs, which of course undermines the benefits of social distancing.

I love catching irony in the wilds of life.
edit on 10/4/2020 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
We have an outbreak of strep throat around our area that closed schools on Friday. I guess masks will stop Covid but not strep.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

It's just sad that it took the president to get sick to make people do a 180.
I actually looked, and there was not a single person without a mask, not one. I just couldn't believe it.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

What about the flu? I guess the flu got cancelled. Back in the day sonny we had an annual sickness called influenza that used to kill lots of people and make millions of others sick with fevers and make them s hit there pants. Back in the old days during flu season the idea of mask wearing was laughable because all of everyones inconsiderate bastard children picked their nose and touch everything. (this of course is after the cancel culture of spanking and public shaming of said child)

The covid rona rona virus is just a bunk ass power grab

Flu season is and always has been December through February. Sure, people get it all year long, but few and far between. The season ended about the time Covid started. It's also far less deadly and contagious.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
A cloth mask does not protect you from the Chinese Virus. If everyone was wearing N95 masks it might help some, but a piece of cloth is 100% useless.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
A cloth mask does not protect you from the Chinese Virus. If everyone was wearing N95 masks it might help some, but a piece of cloth is 100% useless.

They are not 100% but they are better than no cloth.

www.umms.org...#:~:text=They%20create%20a%20barrier%20between,to%20reach%20other%20people.

Fact: Cloth face masks are effective. They create a barrier between your mouth and nose and those around you. This makes it more difficult for the droplets that spread coronavirus through coughs, sneezes and talking to reach other people.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

No cloth or surgical mask really protects you from viruses. That's not what they're for. They prevent you from spreading aerosol viruses and bacteria. A cloth mask gets moist pretty quick. That means it is capturing your respiratory droplets that carry viruses. N95s protect the wearer, but don't protect other people from them.
edit on 4-10-2020 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
What I am confused by is that where I am, people wear masks in every sort of store with the exception of gas stations and sit down restaurants. So apparently the virus only infects people in big box retailers in Missouri - well in all counties except Saint Louis and whatever county Kansas City is in. It's a very very smart and selective virus.

Some people drive around with masks on. I see them here and there. They must be worried about the covid drone virus that seeks people out on the highways and biways of Missouri.

Like I said, very very smart virus!

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Some people come out of stores with their mask on, load into their cars, and simply forget to remove the mask. I've done it.

I have also ridden in a car with my wife's cousin, a nurse who works with covid patients. She insisted that everyone wear a mask and I was happy to oblige.

There are probably other situations where it makes perfect sense that someone would have a mask on in their car.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

You forgot about how it can tell if you are in a fast food restaurant and it can tell if you are standing and engaged in something not seated, but as soon as you sit down, it suddenly knows not to invade your space because that's when you can magically remove your mask and forget about having to worry about anyone else any more.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You forgot about how it can tell if you are in a fast food restaurant and it can tell if you are standing and engaged in something not seated, but as soon as you sit down, it suddenly knows not to invade your space because that's when you can magically remove your mask and forget about having to worry about anyone else any more.

It is a very smart virus. I agree. Why has it decided not to kill us all yet? Maybe it likes me? Maybe I am chosen to live by the virus. Thank you virus!

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Wow what a change!

When our state (Wisconsin) first locked down, people took it very seriously. There were very few people in the store.
Very shortly after that, people started to form their own opinions and mask use was around 60% and places were much more crowded.
Some places like bars/restaurants there were hardly any masks being worn.

Today I go to my normal grocery store and what a sight. 100% mask use, seriously, not a single person without. This is very very rare for my area.
I know there are other places were everyone always wore masks, but not here.

I know exactly what you’re talking about! Most of the summer, maybe half or less of the people in a store/restaurant were wearing masks. Everyone kinda let things go in Wisconsin. But we’re I think #3 in daily cases. It’s absolutely ludicrous how badly it’s spiking in Wisconsin. Yeah, I see everyone wearing them now. Lots of stupid people in our state.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Hey DRFun? Im in the "D" across the river...are you guys ever gonna let us back over??

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join