It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Moves to Phase III, Ends Lock Downs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
DeSantis announced today that Florida businesses are free of state imposed restrictions due to COVID.

It's important to note this means that they are free to operate as they are comfortable operating. Local jurisdictions may still impose harsher restrictions, but they have to provide proof and statement of economic impact, but even so, they cannot undercut a business below 50% capacity again.

DeSantis said that the state would enter Phase Three effective immediately, meaning that all businesses are free to operate at the level they are comfortable with. Any local government in Florida that wants to remain at a greater restriction would need to provide proof and a statement of financial impact. Even with those provisions, no local government is allowed to mandate businesses to operate at less than 50 percent.

DeSantis has taken lots of fire from the press because Florida had a case surge but both caseload and mortality rate in Florida have been declining since July - two months now.

Someone had to go there first.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Shoot! I already cancelled my disney vacation. I think we have yet to see how many people actually go back to work though.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
lord Bezos and Amazon still have more local businesses they need to destroy. The Media hounds aren't going to like this.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It's a screwy-ass state, but it's a TOURISM state -- there ain't much there, other than tending to the old farts who venture southward to die in the heat & humidity, and the Produce Three -- Oranges, Tomatoes, and Strawberries (edit: in terms of commodity value here, that trio rakes in the biggest bucks) They can't afford to keep a lockdown going, and they know it. They need the tourism money, badly.

Choices must be made, and frankly, the Let's Wreck The Economy Because Mild Illness choice isn't a good one. Money doesn't transact itself, wages do not earn themselves, and jobs don't operate themselves. Even Georgia figured this one out a whiiiile back.
edit on 9/25/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I didn't bring it up in the article, but he even mentions something to protect college students facing expulsion for catching COVID for doing what college kids tend to do -- party on, acting dumb.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Saw him speak at the Trump rally in Jacksonville last night. He's the type we need for 2024. He doesn't take any BS either.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

OMG!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSS!!

Let the rest of the dominos fall! END this BS farce!

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Louisiana entered Phase III a couple of weeks ago but not much changed. Masks are still mandatory and restaurants aren't full....and I still walk in without a mask on but nothing is said.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Louisiana entered Phase III a couple of weeks ago but not much changed. Masks are still mandatory and restaurants aren't full....and I still walk in without a mask on but nothing is said.

Same here in Illinois. I guess it depends on if your governor is Republican or Democrat.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The same here in Pennsylvania. Our Governor is doubling down on stupid.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Then you have NY and NYC, I think they are just coming out of Stage 1 at the end of this month while they been flat since Aug and with death rates close to zero per day...

edit on 25-9-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: LSU2018

Same here in Illinois. I guess it depends on if your governor is Republican or Democrat.

I can't explain how, but I have a democrat governor. The only good thing he's ever done is signed a law making violence against the police a hate crime. Now that I think about it, I wonder how he feels about all this cop killing since he came from a family full of law enforcement...

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Florida won't remain open. They keep doing this. States open back up and then well wouldn't you know it, another spike! Back to lockdown we go. Doesn't matter if people die or not, nor does it matter how accurate the tests are. This is going to be a nerve ending cycle like someone on here predicted back in MARCH. Didn't want to believe them but everything they said has come true.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkestConspiracyMoon
Florida won't remain open. They keep doing this. States open back up and then well wouldn't you know it, another spike! Back to lockdown we go. Doesn't matter if people die or not, nor does it matter how accurate the tests are. This is going to be a nerve ending cycle like someone on here predicted back in MARCH. Didn't want to believe them but everything they said has come true.

As long as people blindly believe, the media can convince them of anything they want.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It looks like the entire state of New York is losing about 5 to 6 people a day who have covid-19.

covidtracking.com...

Covid-19 is one of the smallest causes of daily deaths in New York.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkestConspiracyMoon

Re: covidtracking.com...

Florida hospitalizations are dropping rapidly. The numbers will be as good as we see now in New York, very soon.

Because so few people are dying from covid-19, very few Americans are planning on getting the vaccine when it's available.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

a reply to: DarkestConspiracyMoon

Re: covidtracking.com...

Because so few people are dying from covid-19, very few Americans are planning on getting the vaccine when it's available.

Yeah, I read about that earlier, the vaccine is being rejected more and more and it's not even out yet, lol. What was it, 40% now planned on getting it, but that number was/is steadily dropping.

People are comfortable with the decade it takes to suss a new vaccine's issues out. Not a couple of months or a year. I suspect that "Gimme My Jab" number will probably be closer to 15% - 20% at best when it comes to crunch time. Very few are going to trust it.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Holy hell, something sane actually happened in Florida. Now I'm convinced we really are in the end times.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

It looks like the entire state of New York is losing about 5 to 6 people a day who have covid-19.

covidtracking.com...

Covid-19 is one of the smallest causes of daily deaths in New York.

Its ridiculous ... Remember when they said we only need 15 day lock down to flatten the curve?

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkestConspiracyMoon

Georgia's pretty much been open since the end of May. As in other states, localities can have more rules, but it's almost business as usual here.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join