It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Woman Holds Suspected Arsonist At Gunpoint As Wildfires Rage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Looks like they caught another one. Now civilians have to hold them at gunpoint until they are hauled off. I am surprised they didn't arrest her and give the guy his matches back.

I really wish they would just release all the names of the people they have booked for Arson since it is difficult to find local stories on it. I would love to know if they were paid and by who.

This is our new domestic war on terrorism.

nypost.com...

When the unidentified man responds that he was “just passing through,” she demands to know why he’s holding matches.

“I smoke,” he replies — to which Cast asks to see his cigarettes. The man then admits that he has none, and she holds him there until police arrive and haul him away in handcuffs.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

That was a very encouraging response by law enforcement and the homeowner.

It's too bad people in urban areas get arrested for catching property destroyers and other violent individuals.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Arson is the new climate change

I had someone (on ATS) try to tell me that the arsonists are nothing to worry about and the fires they started turned out to be harmless little fires so we shouldn’t be concentrating on the arsonists, 100% of whom are leftist terrorists.

What is it these people think they’re accomplishing? Do they really believe that people will be fooled into thinking that climate change is the reason for these fires and not the refusal to clean up the deadfall in the forests?
And, if people ARE fooled into blaming climate change, how the hell does that benefit aNitfa and the pRoGrEsSiVeS?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

If I didn’t know better, I’d think the PNW and it’s forests must have a whole lot of Trump signs deep in their copses.

“Arson is the new climate change”.... Indeed

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

On Monday Joe Biden said Trump is a climate arsonist...whatever the hell that means.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Somebody buy that gal a beer.

And somebody make sure that guy on the ground gets a real slippery bar of soap in the jailhouse showers.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

On Monday Joe Biden said Trump is a climate arsonist...whatever the hell that means.

TelePrompTer mishap, again?

Or was he confused again and just semi-recalling what he was told in his briefings : “look joe, we’re gonna commit widespread arson and use the terrorist media to blame it on climate change”

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

What in hell does anything that Hidin' Biden says mean?

When an old man points and waves at an empty field like he's seeing somebody or something, what do you expect him to say?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I think I heard that. But as Ol Joe gets a pass from me on most things (yes grandpa, Saturn’s rings DO make it look like a funny space donut).

But yeah. Thanks for pointing that out.

Add it too “moral vandalism”, “words are violence” etc.

Climate arsonist. Let’s see what else works.... hmmm

Eco-pyro? Forest firebug? Environ-incinerator? Bio-burner?
Land-scorcher? Cloud-smoker? Sky-darkener? Vapor-vaporizer? Air-sullier? Horticulture-hotfoot?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Yeah, maybe this gun crazed lady caught a full blown arsonists red handed.

Or maybe, he was just unable to provide a pack of cigarettes as proof, simply because that wasn’t what he was talking about, when he claimed “I smoke”.

...lol.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Owning a gun suddenly makes one “gun crazed”

And I thought leftists were just a group of fa-cucken morons.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Except for the fact that at least pot is legal in Oregon, so if he pulled out a bag of weed it wouldn't matter. Now if he's smoking meth or something, he's headed to jail anyway, and I would rather get taken in on a meth charge vs a suspected arson charge.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Yeah, maybe this gun crazed lady caught a full blown arsonists red handed.

Or maybe, he was just unable to provide a pack of cigarettes as proof, simply because that wasn’t what he was talking about, when he claimed “I smoke”.

...lol.
yea no. The Arson crazed activist was detained until authorities could arrive. Unless you feel like Arson isn't a big deal.....I'm sure you didn't mean that.

I can't imagine why assholes would try to stand up for arsonists setting fire to kill people and destroy homes. I'm sure you don't either, since you aren't like that at all.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
So she caught him with matches in hand lighting fires and he was actually on her property...right?
Open shut case.
edit on 17-9-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
So she caught him with matches in hand lighting fires and he was actually on her property...right?

Not exactly.

There's not enough information for me to say what went on besides him being on her property uninvited.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

As is often the case, you've confused who the crazed person is. The would-be arsonist is the crazed individual, not the gun owner.

Has it occurred to you, in your infinite wisdom, that that gun owner might have been protecting her home? Property?

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Arson is the new climate change

I had someone (on ATS) try to tell me that the arsonists are nothing to worry about and the fires they started turned out to be harmless little fires so we shouldn’t be concentrating on the arsonists, 100% of whom are leftist terrorists.

What is it these people think they’re accomplishing? Do they really believe that people will be fooled into thinking that climate change is the reason for these fires and not the refusal to clean up the deadfall in the forests?
And, if people ARE fooled into blaming climate change, how the hell does that benefit aNitfa and the pRoGrEsSiVeS?

That ridiculous, I invite those idiots to spend some time in a burn ward!

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
THE ONLY LEGAL reason she had at all to point a GUN at the man is he was going trough HER privet property .
alest going by the story .

So she will get off with no charges . BUT just because a man has a lighter or matches --- LIKE my self i always carry lighters . But not always carry smokes--- makes him guilty of nothing Unless she seen him STARTING A fire and even then Making a fire does not = arson .. But even starting a fire to get this story .
The man will NOT be charged with more then Trespassing UNLESS they find he DID start e a fire .

Carring matches is NOT illegal It would BE NICE if the right would alest PRETEND evidence and COURTS meant anything after all they spend post after post talking about how the left ignores laws .

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
BTW No way she stops him because she sees matches she stopped him because he was TRESPASSING .
really a tiny pack of matches hu what form 2 feet away ?
every one here expects news to twist story's so poster mite want to try reasoning out what The real story Mite have been alest more rewal tehn seeing a book of matches on a guy trespassing But the matches are the reason she stops him .
edit on 17-9-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

Except for the fact that at least pot is legal in Oregon, so if he pulled out a bag of weed it wouldn't matter. Now if he's smoking meth or something, he's headed to jail anyway, and I would rather get taken in on a meth charge vs a suspected arson charge.

Just an aside...

In my state and not far away... A man was raided for methamphetamine production. In the raid they discovered a dead bald-eagle in his deep freezer...

The eagle alone, is 30-50 years in a federal pen... Makes the meth production charge seem like nothing, and my state is zero tolerance on meth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join