It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen girl found dead at Raleigh Bojangles. MSM: "Crickets"...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadOnly

Wow your delusional there most definitely a difference if you bothered to do any research you could find it. My story didnt change hes more likely to go to jail for a longer period of time its actually 5.9 times more likely I only said 5. Just so you know i dont apreciate you trying to put words in my mouth or tel me what you think I believe. If i make a comment like that then i have read it no need to make stuff up for this site. So since you cant seem to use google here will start here.

African-American adults are 5.9 times as likely to be incarcerated than whites and Hispanics are 3.1 times as likely

www.sentencingproject.org...

The Commission found that sentences of Black male offenders
were longer than those of White male offenders for all periods studied.
Black male offenders’ sentences were 19.1 percent longer than those of
White male offenders during the Post-Report period. The gap in sentence
length between these two groups was smallest during the PROTECT Act
period (5.5%) and largest during the Gall period (19.5%). Hispanic male
offenders received sentences that were 5.3 percent longer than those of
White male offenders during the Post-Report period.

This is a us government report showing longer sentencing just like i discussed.

www.ussc.gov...

The report, which was published by the Council on Criminal Justice, a nonpartisan think tank, examined how disparities in state imprisonment rates changed between 2000 and 2016. During that 16-year period, the ratio of blacks to whites in state prisons fell from more than eight-to-one to five-to-one. The ratio of Hispanics to whites dropped from a little more than two-to-one to nearly one-to-one. For drug offenses, the decline was particularly stark: In 2016, blacks were incarcerated for drug crimes at five times the rate of whites. In 2000 it was 15 times the rate.

news.gsu.edu...

So does that make it easier for you? Next time try educating your self before you chime in.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

ETA: Your response was very arrogant and ad hominem laden. I will respond, this time, regardless.

Some, not all, questions you did not answer are addressed in your link and even your link is vague:

"Such broad statistics mask the racial disparity that pervades the U.S. criminal justice system, and for African Americans in particular. African Americans are more likely than white Americans to be arrested; once arrested, they are more likely to be convicted; and once convicted, and they are more likely to experience lengthy prison sentences. African-American adults are 5.9 times as likely to be incarcerated than whites and Hispanics are 3.1 times as likely."

Read the first sentence: "African Americans are more likely than white Americans to be arrested;" I should add - where do Asian Americans fall into this? Are they arrested? are they convicted? Because actually that will tell a lot, yet it is noticeable absent. Why is that?

Given that someone is arrested, it stands to reason they would be convicted more, along with Hispanics.

I also said, i have never heard of or are aware of people committing crimes, getting caught and NOT getting arrested based solely on race. Is this what you are saying happens AND that is what accounts for noticeable disparities in people incarcerated?

Also, in addition to questions you ignored, aside from the insults that you did NOT forget, what are the statistics for Asians?

If you SEARCH your link, that you cherry picked, one single small paragraph from in your ORIGINAL post to make your point. Hit Ctrl - F and tell me how often 'Asian' occurs. It is ZERO.

Now, do the same for "White" and see how often that occurs. I will tell you - 25 times.

Then you did mention, in passing, something to the effect of, actually i will paraphrase - you said you "I THINK it may be due to money etc."

From your link:

"The United States in effect operates two distinct criminal justice systems: one for wealthy people and another for poor people and people of color. The wealthy can access a vigorous adversary system replete with constitutional protections for defendants. Yet the experiences of poor and minority defendants within the criminal justice system often differ substantially from that model due to a number of factors, each of which contributes to the overrepresentation of such individuals in the system. As former Georgetown Law Professor David Cole states in his book No Equal Justice,"

Really? So is it saying - Wealthy African Americans who hire the best attorneys do not do less or no prison time than anyone else who is poor and cannot afford the best defense?

Do you really think that is true?

Seems to me your source is very biased and is framing to get the result that it wants.

Note: I only skimmed the article you posted. Feel free to elaborate.
edit on 3-9-2020 by ReadOnly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I apologize to OP if this is going off topic

Your second link is better. In determining variances, what is your assessment of this point from the second link:

There were no statistically significant differences between the sentences imposed on Other Race male offenders and White male offenders who received a non-government sponsored below range sentence.

That is no small distinction, I may be interpreting it wrong, tell me your understanding of that paragraph. I am a lay-person.

I am not going through that second link line by line, it is too long.

Is this mentioned in the link?

Factors in determining a criminal sentence, including:

Whether the offender has any criminal history;
Whether the offender was the main offender or an accessory (someone who assists the main offender) or;
Whether the offender was under great personal stress or duress when he or she committed the crime;
Whether anyone was injured or the crime was particularly likely to result in injury;
Whether the offender was particularly cruel to a victim, or particularly destructive, vindictive, etc.; and
Whether the offender displayed remorse or regret.

criminal.findlaw.com...

Also, this:

The following resources cover the various factors that influence sentencing, "three strikes" sentencing laws,

I am assuming you do not know this information?

edit on 3-9-2020 by ReadOnly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Well let’s be honest, the only reason you posted it is because of race. It’s clear from what little is in your OP you certainly don’t give a damn about the girl or about her story.

But please, complain about the media only focusing on racial stories while you focus on a racial story.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Sentencing blacks are 5 times more likely to recieve prison time. Now if you want to have a serious talk i will tell you why i believe this happens. Money is one reason they have to rely on a public defender who is overworked and often has so many casses that he will plea out whenver possible meaning if your poor and cant afford to spend tens of thousands for a lawyer your likely going to get jail time. The other reason is how we do sentencing prosecutors rely heavily on someone’s prior criminal history when they are deciding what to charge and what sentence to recommend. So if you live in a high crime area and have more interactions with the police. Then there is assesment tools states will set up for the prosecutors. For example get caught with couple of grams of weed and you probably wont go to jail. Have it happen near a school and it becomes mandatory jail time in many states. Same with gangs if someone is shown to be a gang member regardless if it had anything to do with the crime will add time to their sentence.

We need to seriously reevaluate our prison system we have been locking people up and things have not changed. I think the first should be stop prosecuting drug crimes we have been fighting this forever with no results.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The OJ Simpson double murder case proved that anyone, regardless of skin tone, if wealthy enough, can hire a dream team of lawyers and get off homicide charges and face no penalty. It was shoved in our faces for weeks during the trail. IMO this is a class issue, not race.

Money talks and the guilty walks, plain and simple. No money? No lawyer? No chance.
edit on 4-9-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
The OJ Simpson double murder case proved that anyone, regardless of skin tone, if wealthy enough, can hire a dream team of lawyers and get off homicide charges and face no penalty. It was shoved in our faces for weeks during the trail. IMO this is a class issue, not race.

Money talks and the guilty walks, plan and simple. No money? No lawyer? No chance.

I agree with you. Remember Ethan Couch? He killed 4 people. He got probation, because his attorney had a psychiatrist claim he grew up too rich to know right from wrong. He screwed up after that and did some time, but walked initially.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: UFO1414

My boys eighteen, I tell him all the time he lives with
wicked people on this planet. Choose the people and you hang
with well. And stay out of bad neighborhoods cause once you're
gone no ones gonna bring you back.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Sentencing blacks are 5 times more likely to recieve prison time. Now if you want to have a serious talk i will tell you why i believe this happens. Money is one reason they have to rely on a public defender who is overworked and often has so many casses that he will plea out whenver possible meaning if your poor and cant afford to spend tens of thousands for a lawyer your likely going to get jail time. The other reason is how we do sentencing prosecutors rely heavily on someone’s prior criminal history when they are deciding what to charge and what sentence to recommend. So if you live in a high crime area and have more interactions with the police. Then there is assesment tools states will set up for the prosecutors. For example get caught with couple of grams of weed and you probably wont go to jail. Have it happen near a school and it becomes mandatory jail time in many states. Same with gangs if someone is shown to be a gang member regardless if it had anything to do with the crime will add time to their sentence.

We need to seriously reevaluate our prison system we have been locking people up and things have not changed. I think the first should be stop prosecuting drug crimes we have been fighting this forever with no results.

Oh OK. I dont study these things. You still called me delusional etc. for implying what you, after all this, now take into consideration.

Your initial post that, as i said from the beginning, can be taken wrongly and are very much used - not here, but even say MSM would use that sound bite to rile people up. And worse, people bearing the brunt of something like that have absolutely nothing to do with any inconsistencies even if they were blatant, most likely would not support them if they existed, and are usually poor or low income who very much struggle in life pretty much on a daily basis.

Now i am certainly not the 'life is fair' spokesperson, i am aware of issues you are now going into and said so from the onset. Your second link, which i only looked at before my last post and is much better than the first link that I would not bother with myself, also needs to be read in entirety.

I did ask, from the beginning - What about Asians how do they fit in? You did not respond to that.

Your second link and perhaps I read it wrong, states something to the effect that no real disparities were seen between other races compared to whites and length of sentencing.

Do YOU see that?

Also, does it not clearly state (second link) that females across the board as far as race are sentenced similarly?

In short and from what i recall, after very fast read through, white and black females sentencing shows NO differences.

Do YOU see that?
edit on 4-9-2020 by ReadOnly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Well let’s be honest, the only reason you posted it is because of race. It’s clear from what little is in your OP you certainly don’t give a damn about the girl or about her story.

But please, complain about the media only focusing on racial stories while you focus on a racial story.

The OP clearly states in the title what the point is and many agree with. To make that point one would use references.

I did not look into the particular case in OP, did not click on links that detail it...but that was not the point.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: KeithCooper

Did that comment make you feel good? If four white boys killed a black girl in a parking lot of a Wendys the MSM would be alive and on fire. If you do not believe that then it is time to grow up and see how the real world is.

White - Devil
Black - gimme gimme gimme

Now, that does not mean all people are like that or want that but if you do not look at the real world and only soak up MSM and social media you will say dumb # like you did.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

But Ethan Couch was recklessness. He did not set out to kill those people that night. It was an accident.

The OP. They killed that girl. 4 people. All complicit. Easy white girl mark. Happens so much more than people want to accept but do we burn down the local black owned businesses? Nope.

edit on Seppm30pmf0000002020-09-04T12:00:23-05:001223 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If they reported every murder in the USA we would have non stop news, talking about non-stop murders.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

But Ethan Couch was recklessness. He did not set out to kill those people that night. It was an accident.

The OP. They killed that girl. 4 people. All complicit. Easy white girl mark. Happens so much more than people want to accept but do we burn down the local black owned businesses? Nope.

I wasn't comparing these incidents. They cannot be compared. I responded directly to someone in regard to being wealthy and getting a lighter sentence. Ethan Couch and "affluenza" was an example.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Gotcha. I was just showing the same thing.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It really doesn't matter if the media covers it or not.

A girl was killed. The people suspected of involvement have been arrested, and will face a jury.

That is the only thing that truly matters at the end of the day.

In fact, I'd prefer the media stay the Hell out of it. Leave the family to mourn in peace--and hopefully they'll find some, God willing.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Democrats believe they are sub humans and uncivilized.

So you cannot punish people who know no better.

But dont worry the Democrats will take care of you and show you the way.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
It’s really sad that folks will push this to the wayside just for votes or to continue a narrative.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: UFO1414

Because, in case you haven't noticed...Only Black Lives matter.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Hey now Captain Cynical, I'm sure her parents are thrilled her story is getting out there in the name of douchebaggery.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join