It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump To Reveal Coronavirus 'Breakthrough' Therapeutic, WH Press Secretary Says

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
US FDA-approved ointment found to treat, kill viral infections including COVID-19

www.cnbctv18.com...

I think it has been around a while.
''And it can be purchased OTC

"APT T3X"? Never heard of this one before. We recently restocked our Neosporin (not that we go through it fast, it went out of date on us) so I was eyebrow deep in the ointments section, and I saw nothing remotely like it in CVS.

Not questioning your or the article, just questioning how effective something nobody's heard of or seen is really going to be.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

"mix it with budweiser and then a hamburger you are immunized against the virus"

Does it work with soy burg... can't even type those two words together

Does it work with soy sandwiches?

Dems are screwed again

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Spoiler alert
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Having concluded that the criteria for issuance of this authorization under 564(c) of the Act are met, I am authorizing the emergency use of COVID-19 convalescent plasma for treatment of hospitalized patients with COVID-19, as described in the Scope of Authorization section of this letter (Section II) and subject to the terms of this authorization.

The Letter
edit on 8/23/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So the vein flushing IS real afterall πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ƒ

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Mighty trump comes to save the day.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Plasma, What do you guys think?

I was thinking more on the lines of preventative.
edit on 23-8-2020 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Convalescent plasma has been in use as a theraputic for quite a while. This makes it easier to do so for COVID-19

It ain't no "breakthrough."

Given that the clinical evidence supporting this EUA was not obtained from prospective, well-controlled randomized clinical trials (RCTs), additional RCTs are needed. COVID-19 convalescent plasma should not be considered a new standard of care for the treatment of patients with COVID-19.

www.fda.gov...

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

For every 100 people who died due to covid-19, 35 would still be alive if they had received this plasma treatment.

A doctor is now explaining how she used it in emergency situations very successfully in the early days of the pandemic.

Now that the FDA has approved this treatment, it can be applied relatively easily, without having to cut through a lot of red tape and regulations.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I think a lot of people are going to be like me -- "And you're paying me how much per draw now?"

It's not going to go smoothly. I doubt many will pony up voluntarily with no top-dollar recompense in this current economic climate. I know I wouldn't.

link   
Many doctors now saying "finally !" πŸ™‚

link   
a reply to: carewemust

For every 100 people who died due to covid-19, 35 would still be alive if they had received this plasma treatment.

Please post the clinical trials which support this claim.

Now that the FDA has approved this treatment, it can be applied relatively easily, without having to cut through a lot of red tape and regulations.
Not exactly. The requirements for producing the plasma are quite stringent.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Yeah, a pill that prevented the worse symptoms and a resumption of normalcy would have been nice. We should all assume that is not going to happen since the vaccine makers have to sell their vaccine to the world now.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Convalescent plasma has been in use as a theraputic for quite a while. This makes it easier to do so for COVID-19

It ain't no "breakthrough."

Given that the clinical evidence supporting this EUA was not obtained from prospective, well-controlled randomized clinical trials (RCTs), additional RCTs are needed. COVID-19 convalescent plasma should not be considered a new standard of care for the treatment of patients with COVID-19.

www.fda.gov...

The U.K. has been trialling this for a few months. Not heard any results yet.

The NHS Blood and Transplant service (NHSBT) said its clinical trial unit had this week begun collaborating with the Oxford-led Recovery trial with the aim of getting convalescent plasma into thousands of people in hospital with coronavirus in England

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Hath Pestilence Capitulated?

^_^

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Lets ask how and why this remedy works.....just so we understand the simple mechanics of everything in terms of why it works so well so quickly---and possibly our considerations will provide leads to other supportive remedial processes that might be sympathetic to the convalescent plasma...........and there are plenty of remedies for this bug.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Looks like the US is ahead of the game here.
Good job.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Lets ask how and why this remedy works

The theory is that the plasma from people who have recovered from COVID-19 contains antibodies which can supplement those produced by the patient.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: one4all

Lets ask how and why this remedy works

The theory is that the plasma from people who have recovered from COVID-19 contains antibodies which can supplement those produced by the patient.

The doctor in the press conference said it's tested and they have data to show that the procedure is shown to save 35% of lives of those that will die from Covid (exclusing over 80's with existing respitory illness). Seems to be more than a theory.

Seems like a breakthrough.
Tests in the UK are also underway but the US has done a good job in accelerating the process.

I guess everyone will be pleased with the job the gvot has done here.
edit on 23/8/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The doctor in the press conference said it's tested and they have data

Very impressive. Has their study been published?

The procedure is shown to save 35% of lives of those that will die from Covid
How did they know who would die and who wouldn't?

The questions are rhetorical, unless you know the answers.

I wonder if they were also using hydroxycloroquine or some other treatment at the same time. That would complicate the "data."

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join