It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump To Reveal Coronavirus 'Breakthrough' Therapeutic, WH Press Secretary Says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: squittles

originally posted by: putnam6
a reply to: infolurker

Hopefully you are right, I know nothing about this , but thier stock being down might be a negative indicator.

Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
NASDAQ:REGN
$605.49down$-11.40(-1.85%)

Yeah - my guess is equal parts "hope" and "guess" - personally, I don't care if it involves eye of newt from a witches coven - as long as it works.

Remdesivir was a bit of a "tin bullet" - it plus convalescent plasma and dexamethsone for late-stage ARDS are the current standard of treatment and while it helps, it isn't a cure - far too many people are still dying (and not being counted are those whose health is permanently damaged.)

Yep we need some real good news, something tangible. As has been mentioned what ever it is will be torn apart by the media regardless. It's got to be irrefutable or it won't convince the sheep.

I completely agree. But even if irrefutable, the MSM and lefty idiots will find a way to downplay any part that Trump had in it.

In fact, they'll spin it that Trump somehow delayed it or that he will somehow profit from it....

Anyway, they gonna spin it to say "ORANGE MAN STILL BAD".

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Come on, now!!!
This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!
Can we please play nice????
And stay on Topic!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

In that case, Trump & CO are liable to release something common sense as a lab-repeatable proven solution, like washing your hands. Because simple approaches for the neurotic nutcases is just too damn much to deal with.

Edit: Well, crud. Apply that comment to the OP then, it works for both.
edit on 8/23/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I thought it was a bot.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Ooh. Snake oil!

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Rumor is Trump will be making HCQ available over the counter. A twitter user claimed Trump would make this announcement today. Couple hours after this persons tweet, Trump makes the news conference announcement.

Tweet here: twitter.com...

If this is true, this is absolutely incredible news. This is the best possible thing that Trump could do at this moment IMO. I understand this drug has sadly been politicized to death, so I recommend doing your own research & coming to your own conclusions on its viability. Here's a great collection of HCQ studies: c19study.com...

HCQ is incredibly cheap to make. There's hardly no profit in it, which is why the media machine & democrats rail against it so hard IMO.

I hope to god this is what his announcement is about.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Heisenburg

Pick your favorite one of those studies. Let's discuss it.

Trump will be announcing emergency authorization for the use of convalescent plasma. Not really a breakthrough and very little to demonstrate its efficacy as yet.

FDA

edit on 8/23/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I don't have a "favorite". I examine the data as a whole. All information gets assimilated equally.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

So you don't care about the quality of the studies or what they actually find? You take the word "positive" to mean effective?

The list is a gish gallop and hydroxychloroquine is no breakthrough.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

So you don't care about the quality of the studies or what they actually find?

Not sure how you extrapolate such a ridiculous claim based on what I said. As I said, I don't have a "favorite", as I'm not seeking a preferred outcome. The information gets assimilated equally, as in objectively. There's no need to play favorites when engaging in objective analysis.

The list is a gish gallop and hydroxychloroquine is no breakthrough.

"Gish gallop" is an interesting way to describe a simple collection of studies conducted throughout the world. As I said in my OP, do your own research & come to your own conclusions. The link I provided is simply a collection of studies, and I encourage everybody to look into the viability of each to their own satisfaction.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

"Gish gallop" is an interesting way to describe a simple collection of studies conducted throughout the world.

It's a perfect description. Especially since it is headlined by some nonsensical "study" from hcqtrial.com

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Actually it's not. The HCQtrial.com source appears to be an attempt at examining correlations between country wide HCQ use & death rates. If this particular examination doesn't tickle your fancy, take your pick at any other individual studies it lists.

"Gish gallop" is not the appropriate description for this website as it implies it's trying to convince you of a particular conclusion or "side" irrespective of accuracy of evidence. This does not appear to be the case considering the vast diversity of studies listed.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The HCQtrial.com source appears to be an attempt at examining correlations between country wide HCQ use & death rates.
Actually it appears to be an attempt to demonstrate a foregone conclusion, that HCQ is effective. What are "adjusted deaths per million", exactly? How is that figure arrived at?

It’s not a randomized controlled trial by any stretch of the imagination
It’s an observational ecological study (sort of) prone to the ecological fallacy
Confounders are not properly controlled for, particularly mask wearing and lockdowns
It’s not peer-reviewed
Its sample size is 36, not 2.7 billion
It is not known why only 36 countries were selected, and why these 36, which reeks of cherry picking
It misreports the results of at least one study, if not several
It doesn’t actually determine how much hydroxychloroquine was actually used in the “HCQ countries” or whether and how much it was used in some of the “non-HCQ countries”
It does not define what it means by “early” versus “late” treatment
sciencebasedmedicine.org...

This does not appear to be the case considering the vast diversity of studies listed.
I don't think that most of those who peruse the website have examined the studies in the detail which you have. That's the idea behind a gish gallop.

And it has nothing to do with Trump's upcoming announcement.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Trump will be announcing emergency authorization for the use of convalescent plasma. Not really a breakthrough and very little to demonstrate its efficacy as yet.

FDA

Meh, yeah, this is in widespread use already - the problem is there's very little in the way of standardization - high-titer, low-titer, and what anti-bodies are present?

And the problem is that Covid-19 patients make their own anti-bodies, eventually - this could be useful if given *early* after exposure - but since it's only given when a patient is admitted and very sick, for many, it's too late to alter the course of the disease much.

A relative doctor told me they use it as standard-of-care for admitted patients; results range from miracle cure to nothing at all.

This isn't what I'd hoped for

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: squittles

The emergency provision will make it more available but that won't help determine its efficacy.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Pick your favorite one of those studies. Let's discuss it.

FDA

Phage that you would even mention the FDA just takes all the air out of the room .

The Food and Drug Administration is in the Pocket of big pharma and has been since John D Rockefeller became the father of modern Pharma , That is a for profit Government organization who stamps approval's on drugs depending on how much profit potential there is.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

And yet, Trump will be announcing that the FDA is granting an emergency use authorization for convalescent plasma.

Is that bad?

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
US FDA-approved ointment found to treat, kill viral infections including COVID-19

www.cnbctv18.com...

I think it has been around a while.
''And it can be purchased OTC
edit on 23-8-2020 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

And yet, Trump will be announcing that the FDA is granting an emergency use authorization for convalescent plasma.

Is that bad?

it's not Bad , It's not Good.

It's Irrelevant .

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

It's Irrelevant

Ok.
I won't bother to listen to Trump's announcement then.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join