It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the flu season be less severe due to masks?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

God bless your mom , let her do what she likes and what suits her, we are different as humans, what works for me might not work for you, lets all remind Fauci about this

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I constantly see people playing with their masks, putting their hands on their face and touching other things. The majority of masks will have no effect.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow
I constantly see people playing with their masks, putting their hands on their face and touching other things. The majority of masks will have no effect.

are you talking about Fauci? the man who shut down the economy? because he did so even in his hearings

the man is a fraud

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
what are the long term effects of covid?? people were having kidney problems heart inflamation....some people like emma smams (dynasty) has had covid for 6 months..it starts getting better then it gets worse again........will they be more suseptable to the flu

one effects the upper respiratory tract and the other effects the lower respiratory tract

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Are you sure? I saw somewhere that in the last month or so, more people are dying of Flu and pneumonia than of Covid.

I have no doubt that people will still die of the Flu, Pneumonia and Covid, but the question is will it be lessened in any way?

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Most people don't die from COVID, they die with COVID, no more than people dying with a cold or the flu.

Remember back in 2016 when Hillary was fainting coughing up green demons, what she had was worse than COVID-19 and it lasted for months.
edit on 16-8-2020 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
what are the long term effects of covid?? people were having kidney problems heart inflamation....some people like emma smams (dynasty) has had covid for 6 months..it starts getting better then it gets worse again........will they be more suseptable to the flu

one effects the upper respiratory tract and the other effects the lower respiratory tract

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Are you sure? I saw somewhere that in the last month or so, more people are dying of Flu and pneumonia than of Covid.

I have no doubt that people will still die of the Flu, Pneumonia and Covid, but the question is will it be lessened in any way?

it all boils down to your immune system, should I say more? will closing down businesses and loosing money solve the problem?
do you have an answer?

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Google search is hiding the information, but if you look through other search engines, you can find a lot of people who contracted covid-19 and even went to the hospital, even though they were following all the mask rules.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: carewemust

The hospitals have been doing about the same thing.

To get that Covid Cash!

That is the primary reason deaths are not declining in America the way hospitalizations have been, since July 20th.

Certain states are also sandbagging deaths that occur on weekends and coming out Tuesday with a really high number, in order to get a negative headline in the media.

I'm starting a thread on the above two items later this evening, rather than hijacking this one.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
How long with all this germaphobic action will it be before we notice the effect on our immune systems effectiveness? Removing the exposure to germs also removes the interaction of our immune systems with the very germs it needs contact with to learn to fight off. I've never been shy over germs and hand washing and all that...I think I've been sick once in the last 6 years, and that was cold.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
A big part of me expects it to be worse.

All the measures we have taken compromise immune systems. In the case of masks, mitigating some droplet spread might seem like a good thing in an ideal, singular vacuum, but the reality plays out differently. People touch their face more, respiratory interference, condenses pathogens/contaminants into a small area, etc.

People are getting much less exercise, less sunlight, and have been making poor dietary choices in greater numbers than the norm (imo). Alongside relentless fear and stress about everything from viruses to riots to the economy & even food.. None of that does great things for our bodies.

I suspect many more will be receiving a flu shot, and Im hoping it doesnt create virus interference issues.

Those combined factors might have directly replaced the vulnerable population that sadly lost their lives last season, if not increased its size.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Doubtful, personally I agree with the you need exposure to build up resistance, with everybody scrubbing themselves down so often I kinda expect a rough one.

At work we go so many hours in the heat and humidity any mask is rendered useless quickly so we all just stopped caring about Covid, heck the base I am on has stopped requiring 2 consecutive negative tests before return to duty.

So lotta guys sweating like crazy in close proximity, we have all just accepted we will get it sooner or later.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Absolutely!
We sweat thru masks like no ones business an as far as touching them? All day-all-#f! We've been figuring we're all gonna get it anyway so it's better sooner than later altho 3 of us are pretty sure we had it the beginning of Feb. Happily awaiting "herd-immunity" altho I get into enough dirt & germs on my own.

As far as breathing in or wearing commercial disinfectants, depends on the ingredients. Last I heard from my Doc the industrial stuff I use will only actually clean out my lungs. As long as I wasn't making Margaritas with it after dinner it was OK.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Oh yea it hit our shop hard in late january early feburary, had 2 guys get hospitalized and the rest of the shop was varying degrees of sick over the next 4 weeks, couple guys have gone down in round 2 of this stuff recently.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Very sorry to hear that!
We all dragged ourselves to work an only one guy took a couple of sick days, before the company got wise to making people go get tested. The bunch who used Covid to stay home were already on the "we need them again why???" list so no tears lost. In all honesty they were gonna quit or get fired anyhow.

All of us are over trying to avoid it at work, but mask-up everywhere else just in case. It's only been VERY recently that you can get things delivered to your home.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

For every rise in blood sugar their is a drop in the immune system, perhaps the sugar gets turned into alcohol in the gut, and then it kills off gut bacteria. Either way in Tudor times the sugar consumption rises, and the skeletons start showing signs of decay that were not their before. Bad teeth bad bones, its an addictive drug ,. the irony is people in the Bronze age showed greater vigor than the present.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Stupid thing about it all... when we had 3 cases on base they shut things down for about a month then brought us back with half the shop working one week then other half the next week, we went 2 months no issues so they said normal ops.

lost an entire sqaudron to qaurentine, and now its slinking through the rest again since they declared normal ops.

13 months hit my 20 and drop my papers i cant wait, so tired of this stupidity that seems to be getting worse as the new kids dont question anything for fear of getting marked down on their evaluation.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It will be interesting to see the results, that's for sure. Good post idea.

If you think about kids and all the dirt they eat, boogers, etc... one theory is humans do this to self innoculate. Who knows.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

Mine ride up on my face like a pair of cheap shorts. I'm CONSTANTLY tugging them back down, and as soon as I so much as say one syllable of something, up the stupid worthless POS mask goes, right up to the bottom eyelash line. I can't even get the nose wire to mold and sit right & stay, what the #. Talk about hoodwinking the public on their "effectiveness".

I fiddle with it so much, it's useless. Much of my breath escapes, don't go fooling yourselves -- not sitting flush enough to do any good is pretty common. Each one I use also lives in my back pocket between wears and at least one has even been worn inside out after uses because I was in a hurry & didn't notice.

It's not just one brand, even the industrial thow-aways my husband's work is passing out ride up. Cloth ones did the same (btw, hellaciously overpriced waste of money at Target) None of these damn things FIT. It's pointless on kids, especially when i can see your kid's mouth through the gap, KARENS.

Folks ain't nowhere close to as safe from anything viral as they think.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman

This is the one & only thing that could give us a definitive answer as to how effective mask-wearing is or isn't.

Yep. That is truth. So - how many will still fight it? I just don't understand why some won't wear masks and get all ugly and stab-you and choke-hold about it. Is it that big of a deal? STILL?!!!??

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: VeeTNA

Is that what you'll say when its mandated vaccines?

For your own good right?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join