It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lightfoot denounces Chicago violence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Seems the tide is turning over in Chiraq. Maybe I missed the post here about it, but it appears Lightfoot is at least threatening the looters and has done a 180 on the current events. Should be interesting to see how this pans out.

“We are waking up in shock this morning,” Lightfoot said. “These individuals engaged in what can only be described as brazen and extensive criminal looting and destruction. And to be clear, this had nothing to do with legitimate, protected First Amendment expression.”

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Goth say "Lightfoot Is Lightinhead"

I know , I am reformed.
But I just couldn't help it...

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
She’s trying to save face is all she’s doing. She’s allowed and condoned everything she’s preaching against. I would say to her “A little to little, a little to late”

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hang on just a second! I think I need to address the elephant in the room. We are doing a disservice to Iraq since Iraq now has far less violence than Chicago. From this day forward, Chicago is now Chicagopulco.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
File under dErP.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
She’s trying to save face is all she’s doing. She’s allowed and condoned everything she’s preaching against. I would say to her “A little to little, a little to late”

Even if that’s the case (which wouldn’t phase me a single bit) it’s a step towards progress and I hope others follow suit.

The chaos is simply not a positive situation for the country and it needed to stop about 2 months ago. I’d prefer local officials and authorities handle it, as I’m sure most here would, so while I have many, many things to say about Lightfoot and other Democrat officials who have stood silently by, I’m just going to hope this is a push towards a better direction for the country. (Mainly because I have zero faith in any elected “leader” and all I can do is hope for the best out of the shItsandwich of a country we’ve got going on right now)
edit on 14-8-2020 by Drucifer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Fox news and CNN clog my computer up....why would you even link that or pretend it is a reliable source?
I think pooky, my dog, has more brains then Fox or CNN.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
Seems the tide is turning over in Chiraq. Maybe I missed the post here about it, but it appears Lightfoot is at least threatening the looters and has done a 180 on the current events. Should be interesting to see how this pans out.

“We are waking up in shock this morning,” Lightfoot said. “These individuals engaged in what can only be described as brazen and extensive criminal looting and destruction. And to be clear, this had nothing to do with legitimate, protected First Amendment expression.”

www.foxnews.com...

Just who does she think she is.... Trump?
edit on b000000312020-08-14T10:04:53-05:0010America/ChicagoFri, 14 Aug 2020 10:04:53 -05001000000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Even if that’s the case (which wouldn’t phase me a single bit) it’s a step towards progress and I hope others follow suit.

The chaos is simply not a positive situation for the country and it needed to stop about 2 months ago. I’d prefer local officials and authorities handle it, as I’m sure most here would, so while I have many, many things to say about Lightfoot and other Democrat officials who have stood silently by, I’m just going to hope this is a push towards a better direction for the country. (Mainly because I have zero faith in any elected “leader” and all I can do is hope for the best out of the shItsandwich of a country we’ve got going on right now)

I hear you and agree that anything positive towards trying to end the violence is a good thing. It’s just hard to get past these people’s hypocrisy and political posturing at the cost of American citizens.

I wouldn’t trust her sincerity if she was the last person on the planet. This is the same person that told an alderman asking for help with the violence in his district that he was “100% full of #”. The same person that refused Trumps help until she was backed into a corner. Hopefully here out she can start making smart decisions but I’m not holding my breath on that statement.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'm just going to quote THE MOST DEMON POSSESSED LIBTARD CHILD IN THE WORLD'S HISTORY. "How dare you."
youtu.be...
edit on 14-8-2020 by Illumimasontruth because: Augustus hearts cheese pizza

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Mayor Lightfoot and some other "officials" have been denouncing the lawlessness yet at the same time limiting police actions.

So just who is fueling the fires again ? 🥶

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

When is her? next election?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel
Hang on just a second! I think I need to address the elephant in the room. We are doing a disservice to Iraq since Iraq now has far less violence than Chicago. From this day forward, Chicago is now Chicagopulco.

Or maybe Chicambodia?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel

Or maybe Chicambodia?

I'll allow it.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

She actually said “We are not going to let our city be taken over by criminals and vigilantes,”

That makes as much sense as saying "We are not going to let our city be taken over by anti-Trumpers and progressives,"

If it weren't for vigilantes and criminals, Chicago might be as nice as it was back in the 50's.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

How about Chithole

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

How about Chithole

BAAAAAH! Love it!

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

When is her? next election?

Chicago mayoral term is 4 yrs, she was elected in 2019.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

How about Chithole

Chitago?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
We call it Chitcongo.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>