It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The right time to remove Georgia guidestones

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
a reply to: schuyler

Feeling offended is not a crime either. It's ok to feel offended. And to take action obviously.

No, it isn't. Ever heard of the First Amendment? People have the RIGHT to express views that are contrary to yours. You don't have to like them, and you have no right to "remove" them just because you don't. You are expressing exactly what is WRONG right now--everyone wanting to deny everyone else. You ARE the problem.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Floridadreamin
Have to admit I have been there. On the side of a country road, in a country town, in a barren field.

What a let down.

Even met the gentleman who replaced the missing cornerstone. Told our little group all about the brick manufacturer owner who had it built.

This was built by born again Christians. Not heathens. It is on private property. A few scrub bushes surround it; really pitiful.

Controlling the earth's population seemed to jar a few people there.

This is just ugly slabs of granite and cement. Nothing artistic at all.

If it were destroyed I doubt any one would care.

The citizens are rather embarrassed by it.

That is quite shocking, you say it was built by born against Christians, I really doubt it because it was OUR Lord that said go forth and multiply, not go forth and cull the excess population.

I am not saying you are wrong, in fact I believe you but I am questioning THERE faith - the builders (that's a bit too strong a word for slabs of stone but so let's call them erectors and inscribers instead) of these stones.
In fact I would even call these stones a mockery of the ten commandment's.

edit on 17-7-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

My definition of being offended is obviously wider.
It means that someone is in offence against me, threatening my existence, freedom etc. Not just my snowflake feelings. Some threats are punishable by law so someone obviously had such discussions before us in agreement with me.

In this case it's written in a deniable way but from a political, societal point of view it's a dangerous ideology.
Btw I feel offended by islam and BLM and other mostly leftist stuff too

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
a reply to: network dude

What laws? You cant kill unless in war approved by a congress? Thou shalt not jaywalk?
For me being offended is usually not enough unless it's invasive but it's not a tabu. If there is a good political reason. Laws are constructs of people. They may be immoral, unconstitutional, sick and evil like in communist or islamic countries,against nature, depriving you of self-defence... Where is your turning point? Where would it be if you lived in China or UK? 🙂

Starry sky above me and moral law within me. One part encoded in my guts and the other in the spirit. Christian ethics if possible. Freedom.
I jaywalk a lot. Everyone has a knife at home but more than 99% of people dont go and stab others. It's not just because of the human laws. Not all countries/races are equal though. Obviously. Some people need a hand over them.

not sure I got an answer here.

I'll just say it as I see it. Guidstones are on private land. they were paid for by a private entity. Unless you have some other facts to offer, then this case is really simple. You have every right to be offended, you have every right to not understand the message, to misconstrue the message, to manufacture it's meaning, or to ignore it. But, and this one is important, you have NO RIGHT AT ALL to damage private property. I'd prefer anyone who tried, was arrested and jailed. I'm silly and old fashioned, and prefer everyone follows the rules, and if you don't like the rule, CHANGE THE RULES, but don't ignore them or only follow the ones you like.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Someone said it's not a private property.
I got it. You can demand and impose it onto others as long as you keep it religiously.
It's not untouchable. The laws can be changed. You can also be fined into poverty for BS like not wearing a mask, your job stolen, business destroyed by a lockdown, taken by a judge and extracted by lawyers in a long unjust trial. FED can print their buddies trillions and buy everything around you. Your private money can be disappeared and land taken by a bank.
Metaphysically no body own anything on this planet. It's a game we play and most of us agree on for obvious reasons. Do I like the Canadian open farms or the Chinese model more? No, but I like that I can go into a private forest where I live and eat from it. It's not a God's temple where I put my foot and I start burning. And it doesnt make a communist out of me.

Anyway, sometimes it's ok to be arrested for a good reason. Like that German dude with a moustache. I respect your moral paralysis though. It makes sense too
edit on 17/7/2020 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I hope you try and they crush you, then one of them launches like and ICBM and finds the rest of your gene pool.

You have no right to silence others.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: circuitsports

The WHOLE point of those guide stones is about taking peoples voice away, completely away, they are against freedom of speech because they are about removing other people from the face of the earth,.

So call me bemused at yours and others claim that removing them would be a violation of free speech when in fact they are AGAINST free speech for those that the author of those vile word's want's to see culled from the face of creation.

That said I do see both of your point's, to me they should be left but as I pointed out a counter and more grand monument erected facing them to show the folly of there author's intent.

edit on 18-7-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Absolutely Not.
It is private property and you would be breaking the law.
Conversely those toppling public statues are also destroying public property and breaking the law.
Some have been arrested.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Ok.
What about this - would you support a removal by some official route?
Or a statue of Bathomet, Mao Zedong, Marx, Hitler in your state?
Where's the line in the sand when you'd say "Enough tolerating a dangerous ideology for the sake of freedom of speech. It went too far and it threatens my freedom and wellbeing of the nation"?

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
NAAHH ... leave 'em be. They aren't hurting anything.
And it would be a shame to start acting like the anti-democracy lawless social justice mob rule idiots.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: circuitsports

The WHOLE point of those guide stones is about taking peoples voice away, completely away, they are against freedom of speech because they are about removing other people from the face of the earth,.

So call me bemused at yours and others claim that removing them would be a violation of free speech when in fact they are AGAINST free speech for those that the author of those vile word's want's to see culled from the face of creation.

That said I do see both of your point's, to me they should be left but as I pointed out a counter and more grand monument erected facing them to show the folly of there author's intent.

Personally I don’t give them a second thought, I don’t agree with them but I understand the idea, the authors fear extinction in one form or another and have written there ideas in stone. We shouldn’t be tearing ideas down, we should be building our own.

At no point have the guide stones led to apocalypse so their ideas are just that and actions to suppress or remove them make those fears real.

If you want to be mad about something, be mad about the fact you are forced under threat of imprisonment to donate your earnings to the national association for the advancement of colored people and any other blatantly racist organization like the slander properly law center.
edit on 19-7-2020 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Why don't you share what part of the Georgia guidestones you don't agree with and explain why you don't agree with it........

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

Elvis has left the building

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join