It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanford study shows Covid-19 less deadly than flu

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

It is fairly obvious that the virus was not really around in the US until February, otherwise we'd have seen more deaths.

There were no death's because they weren't testing for deaths!

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
a reply to: trollz

If this virus was here back in October, why were there not fatalities or so forth in November?

Because they were diagnosed as flu deaths. I think one of the reasons that the numbers are so much lower than originally expected is because the virus was here before we thought it was. Many people were exposed and wrote it off as the flu. I know several people that I work with were in China in January. The middle of February I got sick. I called my doctor and was told that it was probably the flu. Treat the symptoms and if I got a high fever, call for an appointment. I didn't get a fever, I worked from home a few days and was just getting over it when this lock down crap started happening.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Everyone should've seen this coming:

Dr. Fauci wrote about this back in March

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2

It is fairly obvious that the virus was not really around in the US until February, otherwise we'd have seen more deaths.

There were no death's because they weren't testing for deaths!

Go back to the beginning of the thread.
The data has been posted for deaths for flu. No increase.
Covid did not get to the US in any significant way until March.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Covid did not get to the US in any significant way until March.

There's increasing indicators that it was here before that.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime

Do over 2,000 people a day die from the flu?
The CDC numbers for flu deaths is 27-65k a year.
The US is already at 37k dead from Covid-19 in just 4 weeks.
Where does that leave your linked analysis?

4 weeks? It's been here since atleast December but even the media is leaning more towards October. It's April now. That's a 5-7 month span.

The death toll started 4 weeks ago.
www.worldometers.info...

Your analysis is bunk. You are suggesting that infections were raging in the US before they were in China.
Nonsense.
Deaths started 4 weeks ago, suggesting that the virus has been in the US for about 8 weeks.
I've seen a few completely unsubstantiated claims that millions and millions of Amercians have already had it. No actual evidence for that. If it were true we'd have seen a spike in deaths recorded as something else.

The actual numbersd we have would suggest that Covid is between 10-20 times mre deadly than the flu.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
You are right. At the beginning of this crisis a noted scientist or some medical professional stated that everyone will get this virus. Does anyone remember who said that? I can't but help to agree because too many infected people in the world. I believe the longer this goes we are closer to extinction. The chinese say we will never find a cure but I sure hope they are wrong reply to: theyreadmymind

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

They would not have tested positive for influenza, and thus would not be calculated as flu deaths. We also did not have a high number of flu deaths this year, so that is really unlikely.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: theyreadmymind

Whhhaattttt?

Extinction? From a virus that only kills people with pre-existing conditions? Only 0.9% of deaths have no previously known pre-existing condition. Since these conditions are often found after someone recovers from a hospitalization, I would bet most of that 0.9% if not all of them had unknown pre-existing conditions.

How in the world are you talking about human extinction from Covid-19?

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

There is evidence it was here in January. It was not significant until March.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

COVID-1984 is simply the latest Democrat hoax.

As soon as the writing was on the wall that nobody was buying their Impeachment Hoax, they started the scamdemic.

If you believe the scamdemic hoax, I'd prefer if you'd stay inside and cower.

The world does not need sheep like you.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

They keep finding people who have antibodies whose illnesses were pre-lockdown.

If it was circulating in China as far back as November/October with no significant control attempts until January, then there is no reason to think it wasn't being spread all over the world during that window of time.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: theyreadmymind

I believe the longer this goes we are closer to extinction.

The Good News:

The world will be reading nonsensical, doom-mongering garbage like that for the next thousand years.

The Bad News:

The world will be reading nonsensical, doom-mongering garbage like that for the next thousand years.

edit on 17-5-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

The problem is that this is the first time we've watched our governments take advantage of it to grab naked power.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The problem is that this is the first time we've watched our governments take advantage of it to grab naked power.

Individual States in the USA, for example, have underlined that perfectly, haven't they?

But not for much longer.

And people will REMEMBER once they wake up from this bizarre phase in history and, rather embarrassed with hindsight, try to explain their irrational fears and willingness to tug their forelocks so easily in front of their 'Betters'.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: UKTruth

It's possible the number of infected are much higher and they were asymptomatic. Large scale testing to determine who may have been infected could begin soon, and if it does, it will tell us more. Right now there are just a lot of unknowns. It's very possible it is more infectious, and less deadly than the seasonal flu.

Doesn;t really make any sense. If a large number of people had it and had no symptoms then why all of a sudden did people start dying and being hospitalised?

No one, or very few, in the US had this virus until a couple of months ago. That makes more sense looking at the numbers.

Oh no, I agree, it was not here before January likely, and not until March in a real way. Probably because well into March NY mayor De Blasio was telling New Yorkers to keep going out, don't social distance, and enjoy life.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Sure. All of a sudden in February this disease changed from asymptomatic to deadly.
China, italy, Spain, suddenly it went from nothing to thousands dead starting in February. But you believe it was here for months and months but just hidden in the healthy?
So logical.

Your post makes no sense. I said nothing about dates. I said when we start mass testing we will see this disease is more infectious, more people are infected than we know about. That makes it LESS likely it was here last year.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone
I learned to never beleive any person on here.

This virus IS less deadly than the flu.

All this panic is fake.

Just pick the numbers and x50 to see the real numbers.

Hell, for those 750k that are known there are 37 750 000 who are actually sick.

My opinion is that when all is said and done it will end up being more infectious, and similar death rate as flu.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Luckily a lot of it is being ruled Unconstitutional.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join