It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seed Companies sold out of seeds, no gardens this year.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
naw, ebay is covered up in seeds

cheap, too

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I am truly not trying to be rude, honestly just curious,

Why did you wait so long to try to buy seeds? We bought ours months ago and even had some left over from last year.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: searching411

If you grow vegetables every year then why don't you ever keep the seeds that come from them?

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I'm actually a supervisor for a company that sells our own seeds, flower and veggies. As well as flower bulbs in the fall. Our business is up by more than 50%. We are receiving more orders a day than we can fill. I started working overtime last week and we are working tomorrow, Good Friday. I've been at this company for more than a dozen years, and before that, I was a commercial landscaper for a decade. I've never seen anything like this. Normally, we are done with a majority of orders by March. This year, I don't think we'll get a break till July, when you don't have enough time to plant most things and get a decent harvest. We are running out of seeds and seed packets to put them in. Just thought I'd give you my perspective. Hoping all of those who buy seeds have a good planting year.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I bought seeds, but I bought them in January when there were still seeds to buy.
If you can’t find seeds, go to the store and buy bags of small potatoes. Cut them and plant them. I never buy seed potatoes.... they are expensive.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I just bought some from Jung Seed.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I bought seeds at Home Depot a few weeks ago, and they had any and every kind. I have corn, carrots, celery, cucumber, squash, tomatoes and beans already sprouting and have strawberries, zucchini and cabbage already growing like crazy from bedding plants. Now I'm just patiently awaiting the cantaloupe to sprout. And all of it growing in containers on a small apartment patio/balcony.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
My girlfriend and I purchased our various seed bank selections back in January and the last of our selections just arrived this week. Lots of places out of stock online but here in south Louisiana I've noticed the hardware stores, feed stores, and Home Depot/Lowes had plenty of seeds, including heirlooms.

Check the clearance section too. We picked up a 1 foot lavender plant that was clearanced down to $2.00 that looked pretty poorly but with a drink of water perked up before we even left the store.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Try botanicalinterests.com, it is a small company in Colorado.a reply to: searching411

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
And to think, I was just trying to get into the hobby an setting up a compost bin.

edit on 9-4-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
TSC Farm Store this afternoon and lots of seeds.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
www.burpee.com...

Just behind because of the high volume, as predicted

www.gurneys.com...

No problem.

Trolled

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I just bought a bunch of seeds, on sale, at a big box store.
Most of my local seed stores are closed, or out of stock.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01
it was 15 degrees two days ago. We do not start until the first of May and we have a very short growing season. We do not try to grow anything that takes more than 80 days to mature.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
i was in the local Aldi of all places the other day and found a massive massive bench just loaded down with packets of seeds. all stupid cheap too because it's Aldi. So while people are definitely panic buying it seems safe to say there's still plenty of stocks out there

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I just bought some basil seeds and turnip seeds last week. I also got plants. Tomato parsley thyme and some dill. I have not been to any of the big home stores just a itty bitty garden shop down the street.
It was right after the lockdown but this was an open air shop and no one else but us and the lady who worked there. We didn't get much in the way of seeds though it seemed the display was full.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

www.burpee.com...

It's burpee. Says they are shipping starting the 15th.

I didn't try to order anything.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   
What kinds of seeds were you looking for? I might have some

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I think he meant leek. I hope he did.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 02:46 AM
link   

No joke the best seeds I’ve ever bought were from eBay.

Many heirloom varieties you don’t see anywhere else.

I’m a long long time gardener.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join