It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tobacco Smoking Increases Immunoglobin against SARS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

not to mention iodine deficiency from low salt diet.
People gobble way too much salt - to get some

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cornczech
My husband is a smoker and he NEVER gets sick...ever...well, not a cold or flu. anyways....at age 49, he DOES have early emphysema. As a result of this disease, he has had a pneumothorax....spontaneous. THAT almost killed him.

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Centsay

Thus the presence of tobacco smoke on these membranes results in increased production of this immunoglobulin.

Is that the reason I have never gotten ANY flu ?
Or , basically not even the common cold ?
I was a 40+ year smoker.
Swapped for vaping 6 years ago.....

Good thread.

Thinking back on it , I dont think I ever got sick....
Also , my lungs were as clear as they could be (double bronchial pneumonia when I was 5)
One doctor , after looking at the scan , basically told me I was lying about smoking .
Oh , well...
Regulations = revenue = taxes = politicians stealing from the people.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

My husband is a smoker and he NEVER gets sick...ever...well, not a cold or flu. anyways....at age 49, he DOES have early emphysema. As a result of this disease, he has had a pneumothorax....spontaneous. THAT almost killed him.

Thus the presence of tobacco smoke on these membranes results in increased production of this immunoglobulin.

I was a 40+ year smoker.

Good thread.

I quit for a few days and the coughing went away...
Cutting down does the same thing for me...The coughing goes away.
I switched to Captain Black cigars recently...A few puffs here and there...
Cough is gone, no mucus problem...
I read black tea will do something for your lungs also.
Black tea prevents cigarette smoke-induced apoptosis and lung damage

Might be a good idea to try that.

Give the lungs time to repair themselves.

www.researchgate.net...

Good Luck!
edit on 03 30 2020 by Centsay because: added a link

edit on 03 30 2020 by Centsay because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Centsay

I was a 40+ year smoker.

Good thread.

"Black tea prevents cigarette smoke-induced apoptosis and lung damage."

I quit for a few days and the coughing went away...
Cutting down does the same thing for me...The coughing goes away.
I switched to Captain Black cigars recently...A few puffs here and there...
Cough is gone, no mucus problem...
I read black tea will do something for your lungs also.
"Black tea prevents cigarette smoke-induced apoptosis and lung damage."
There are dangers and risks to smoking.
Most of it might have more to do with the chemicals that end up in it.
Might be a good idea to try that.

Give the lungs time to repair themselves.

www.researchgate.net...

Good Luck!

edit on 03 30 2020 by Centsay because: Better title

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

propylene glycol in EC aerosols is a potent bactericidal agent also potential antiviral as well.

vaping can actually be good for your health. i know pure nicotine has a lot of health benfits as well... its the delivery method that screws us.

i too quit analogs for digital over 6 years ago. i like it after i kicked the cravings for all the other chemicals in cigarettes.

do you use one of the those big beeper looking rigs or and over the counter disposable?

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Early on, I read something about Nicotine possibly helping prevent the rate of viral spread throughout the body.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I knew it,...I knew it is good for something. As a good conspiracy ATS member I always wondered why "they" tried to keep us from smoking tabacco with those awful pictures of illnesses on the packages. Is it not their interest to reduce the world population...why warn us from smoking tabacco this intensive.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DiddyC

Been telling ppl for years, managed to get my mums next door neighbour to stop taking his, when I showed him all the evidence he went 🦇💩 crazy at his Doctor and he's fine. And with a different doctor.

For some people it works good, but three quarters of the people taking statins do not need them. They should adjust their diet. There is strong evidence, although the medical industry is not accepting it yet, that excessive carbs/sugar and some refined grain oils are causing improper cholesterol ratios.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ

The Sodium chemicals added to food are not very good, a lot of prepared food contains high sodium but it is not balanced with chloride. The electolytes need to be balanced.

Iodine is good for the majority of people and iodized salt is not used in commercial foods because it effects the color and there are some people who cannot have added iodine. There are people who have to avoid iodine containing foods. I know a few who had problems with iodine but have tried to investigate why they have to avoid iodine but cannot find why. Now they can have a little iodine, but no iodized salt, iodine supplements, or seefood high in iodine. They feel good when they avoid those foods, especially seaweed and iodized salt. No meds needed.

Iodine is a thyroid moderator, the only people who benefit from added iodine are those who have a deficiency. And Iodine levels cannot sometimes be diagnosed by blood levels for some reason. Too much chloride and not enough iodine is a problem, and too much iodine without enough chloride can be a problem also with the thyroid.

I have a bottle of tincture of iodine in the medicine cabinet, it is great for putting on cuts. I also have iodine in my multimineral tablet, about twenty five percent RDA. I also have hundred percent iodine tablets I take when I sense I need a little, and of course We have the high dose iodine supplemets that we take when needed. I take the high dose ones about twice a year when I am sick. We use sea salt, with only one salt shaker having iodized sea salt in it.

We eat quite a bit of fish, every friday usually, or sometimes we will eat it on Saturday if we can't on friday. I do not like the taste of kelp, It is not the iodine though, I do not know what it is that makes me dislike it.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: themightymissm

Wouldnt THAT be a # bag of news for non-smokers (especially the ones that hate us smokers so much, even when we try to be polite about our, yes we know, disgusting habit)

There's a lady in my office building that walks past me a lot while I'm outside smoking. She coughs and coughs every time, even when I move completely out of her way.

Oh, did I mention that I stand next to a large industrial trash can to smoke?

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The tobacco mosiac virus is present on tobacco plants, the more natural the tobacco the more is usually present.

It does stimulate an IGA response, but I am not sure it will protect against corona virus. The evidence is back and forth, if you keep smoking with an infection, it is not good, but smoking may initially protect someone...just quit when sick for a while. Smoking under a half a pack a day is not harmful, but the more you smoke over that the more harmful. Partly because of the decication chemicals in tobacco farming and because of other chemicals used in growing tobacco. I smoke a more natural tobacco, but can't afford the organic stuff. Organic tobacco is not full of all the chemicals in commercial tobaccos.

I kind of need evidence to form an opinion and have read lots of different research on Tobacco and it is all over the place.

Tobacco was considered a medicinal plant by native Americans. It is one of their sacred plants. They do say that comercial tobacco is not good for you. Tobacco was not smoked every day in the quantity we do by Indians in the past, it was a medicine.

Someone above listed the study by the Chinese in relation to male smokers in China already.

Very interesting, glad I'm growing tobacco. I've got a crap ton of seeds from plants I brought in last season. Got my friend to grow some too. Hundreds of seedlings right now.

I've been processing it based on the information I got, there is a lot on it, but the tobacco companies keep their recipes a trade secret. I've got it down pretty good as far as drying, casing and top flavors, shredding, and rolling cigars. All natural ingredients and completely organic.

I plan on using all locally available organic ingredients, as well as ones I grow or otherwise collect from the wild, to process this year's harvest.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: jsjAmeicanMo

First the government puts chemicals in our tobacco. Second government tells us we are not allowed to smoke anywhere in public and that nobody should be exposed to second hand smoke. Now, nobody has an immune system and lots of people get sick and die as a result. Finally, they want to order people to stay inside during this pandemic that they created, caused, and they are responsible for...
After basically trying to force us by shaming to get a flu shot that doesn't work and they know it...
I am staying inside and obeying all the orders...

edit on 03 30 2020 by Centsay because: formatting

edit on 03 30 2020 by Centsay because: better grammar

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

The tobacco mosiac virus is present on tobacco plants, the more natural the tobacco the more is usually present.

It does stimulate an IGA response, but I am not sure it will protect against corona virus. The evidence is back and forth, if you keep smoking with an infection, it is not good, but smoking may initially protect someone...just quit when sick for a while. Smoking under a half a pack a day is not harmful, but the more you smoke over that the more harmful. Partly because of the decication chemicals in tobacco farming and because of other chemicals used in growing tobacco. I smoke a more natural tobacco, but can't afford the organic stuff. Organic tobacco is not full of all the chemicals in commercial tobaccos.

I kind of need evidence to form an opinion and have read lots of different research on Tobacco and it is all over the place.

Tobacco was considered a medicinal plant by native Americans. It is one of their sacred plants. They do say that comercial tobacco is not good for you. Tobacco was not smoked every day in the quantity we do by Indians in the past, it was a medicine.

Someone above listed the study by the Chinese in relation to male smokers in China already.

Very interesting, glad I'm growing tobacco. I've got a crap ton of seeds from plants I brought in last season. Got my friend to grow some too. Hundreds of seedlings right now.

I've been processing it based on the information I got, there is a lot on it, but the tobacco companies keep their recipes a trade secret. I've got it down pretty good as far as drying, casing and top flavors, shredding, and rolling cigars. All natural ingredients and completely organic.

I plan on using all locally available organic ingredients, as well as ones I grow or otherwise collect from the wild, to process this year's harvest.

Where did you buy your seeds, I would like to find some to plant here in the UP but it takes a special kind of seed because of our winters up here being so long. My land is not ideal for growing tobacco but I want to try to grow it. My luck all the deer will be chewing my tobacco, well, at least I will have a constant supply of venison if the SHTF

I bet the tobacco tastes good

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

The Sodium chemicals added to food are not very good, a lot of prepared food contains high sodium but it is not balanced with chloride. The electolytes need to be balanced.

Iodine is good for the majority of people and iodized salt is not used in commercial foods because it effects the color and there are some people who cannot have added iodine. There are people who have to avoid iodine containing foods. I know a few who had problems with iodine but have tried to investigate why they have to avoid iodine but cannot find why. Now they can have a little iodine, but no iodized salt, iodine supplements, or seefood high in iodine. They feel good when they avoid those foods, especially seaweed and iodized salt. No meds needed.

Iodine is a thyroid moderator, the only people who benefit from added iodine are those who have a deficiency. And Iodine levels cannot sometimes be diagnosed by blood levels for some reason. Too much chloride and not enough iodine is a problem, and too much iodine without enough chloride can be a problem also with the thyroid.

I have a bottle of tincture of iodine in the medicine cabinet, it is great for putting on cuts. I also have iodine in my multimineral tablet, about twenty five percent RDA. I also have hundred percent iodine tablets I take when I sense I need a little, and of course We have the high dose iodine supplemets that we take when needed. I take the high dose ones about twice a year when I am sick. We use sea salt, with only one salt shaker having iodized sea salt in it.

We eat quite a bit of fish, every friday usually, or sometimes we will eat it on Saturday if we can't on friday. I do not like the taste of kelp, It is not the iodine though, I do not know what it is that makes me dislike it.

Someone I know supposedly beat thyroid cancer and he was using iodine.
The treatment uses a radioactive form of iodine. The radioactive iodine circulates throughout your body in your bloodstream. Thyroid cancer cells pick up the iodine wherever they are in your body. The radiation in the iodine then kills the cancer cells.

www.cancer.org...

edit on 03 30 2020 by Centsay because: bad grammar

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Trust me, I never thought I would be considered "essential personnel" in this kind of a situation. I'd much rather be tucked away inside my house for the next few weeks.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Centsay

Someone I know supposedly beat thyroid cancer and he was using iodine.
The treatment uses a radioactive form of iodine. The radioactive iodine circulates throughout your body in your bloodstream. Thyroid cancer cells pick up the iodine wherever they are in your body. The radiation in the iodine then kills the cancer cells.

www.cancer.org...

The radioactive iodine kills the thyroid too. You wind up having to take thyroxine for the rest of your life. I know a few people who had to have that done, the meds seem to work well for them. Iodine probably would have helped them to keep from getting the cancer. Too many x-rays can also kill the thyroid, especially if they have the radioactive iodine dyes in them.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I knew this would pay off, thanks Marlboro!

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I'm 43 been smoking for 29 years. When I was in my mid 20's I got pneumonia and it almost killed me. I have scars on my lungs from it. It was horrible and to think of having to go through that again sends shivers down my spine.

I use to get the flu every year sometimes twice a years. As a smoker it made my lungs hurt like hell.

My grandmother started smoking when she was 11. She grew up on a tobacco farm in Kentucky during the great depression. She lived to be 75.

My grandfather started smoking as a teen he died when he was 59 from throat cancer.

My mom was diagnosed with lung cancer over a year ago. She kept throwing up so she went to the doctor. She had a tumor that cut off the airway to her lung. It caused all her organs to shift over and the flap for her stomach couldn't stay closed. Because of that they caught it early before it spread. It's one of the worst forms of lung cancer. 99% of the time they find it it's too late. She's been cancer free the past 6 months.

I started getting flu shots 4 years ago. They worked for the most part until this year. I got the a flu shot in October and I got the flu in January and again in early March. Both cases were very mild in comparison to other years I got it. I'm still a believer in flu shots. 3 out of 4 years I didn't get sick and when I did this year it was very mild.

I had cat scans done and they found two growths in my lungs but the doctor said they were to small to be cancer.

I use to have a job working with some really nasty chemicals. The doctor told me the chemicals cause cancer.

Even if you don't smoke the water will get you. I'm a fisherman and I've been fishing the great lakes my entire life. I follow everything that goes on with the water in our country. There are some really nasty chemicals being dumped in our waterways. Our water treatment plants can't filter these chemicals out. 3M and DuPont have been dumping chemicals for decades. I've read they've shown up at our water facilities.

I've seen stories of entire towns full of people with cancer because of these companies. You bathe in in you drink it you cook with it and it's not going away. I could write an essay on what I know about these chemicals and our waterways.

If you don't smoke the water will get you.

edit on 31-3-2020 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
a reply to: Gothmog

propylene glycol in EC aerosols is a potent bactericidal agent also potential antiviral as well.

vaping can actually be good for your health. i know pure nicotine has a lot of health benfits as well... its the delivery method that screws us.

i too quit analogs for digital over 6 years ago. i like it after i kicked the cravings for all the other chemicals in cigarettes.

do you use one of the those big beeper looking rigs or and over the counter disposable?

I usually use my 2 Artery Vape Pens. These have removable , recharge batteries.
Bout to buy a big box mod.
my nic is down to 3 now.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I am now watching Fox News (I do not usually watch ANY news)
They are talking about British Tobacco is bringing on a very effective vaccine made from what ?
Tobacco.
And they already had a possible vaccine against the normal flu
Strange days

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join