It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We Are Living In 12 Monkeys".

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Biggest difference between this and 12 Monkeys is that this mild flu isn't killing any more at-risk people percentage-wise than a normal mild flu we experience every year. The statistics are there if you look for them but nobody's promoting them.

Because the news media was looking for something to panic people about once the impeachment wound down -- they had to get those addicting (and profitable) clicks. And the politicians in office wanted to prove how "responsive and caring" they were to the voters so they kept topping each other with increasing "safety measures." And of course the Internet, as it naturally does, cranked up the echo chamber to the absolute max and drowned out most of the sources of reason and moderation.

This whole disaster wasn't caused by a flu. It was caused by winding up nervous, high-strung/low-intelligence people and pandering to their ridiculous fears. Motive? Isn't it nearly always money?

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

This whole disaster wasn't caused by a flu.

You got one thing right. It's not "a flu."
edit on 4/4/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Elaborate please Phage?

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids
He got one thing right.
It isn't "a flu."
It is not related to "a flu."

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Because the news media was looking for something to panic people about once the impeachment wound down --

That might make sense - its a big might - if this was limited to the USA.
But it isn't, its a global pandemic and people are dying in most countries and most of those people and countries didn't give one single toss about Trump's impeachment.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

There is a part of me that thinks a lot of this might be driven by the CCP (note: *not* the Chinese people).

Their business assets & interests in the western world are far, far beyond what most people realize. Everything from hollywood to major educational institutions to land ownership to media to technology.

In this scenario (not saying its true, Im just deeply suspicious by nature and try to consider all possibilities), they would take decades slowly acquiring assets and influence. Then, when the time was right (whether leveraging a natural event or otherwise), take advantage of those assets and influence to weaken western economies and buy up enough to push it past a tipping point.

In a sense, it would be a more "sophisticated" way to wage war, but..

ETA: Perhaps notably for ATS would be Aquino talking about "MindWar." Looking into folks like Fauci's connections, etc. Who knows what migh turn up
edit on 4-4-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Some interesting viewing about Bill Gates mate.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   
..and the background of Jeff Bezos.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   
and the techno-facist machinations of the Rockefeller clan.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

More info on William Henry Gates III 

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
He got one thing right.
It isn't "a flu."
It is not related to "a flu."

And where are we now? The overestimates and exaggerations are starting to see the light of day. As for the motives, everybody has some. Some people will be able to take advantage of any situation where people are acting irrationally.

The millions of deaths that were predicted didn't happen and won't happen. New information is finally coming out that the coronavirus has been around since December making the number of infected larger but the percentage of deaths very, very small.

And it becomes clearer every day that we trashed the world economy because of a relatively mild illness and the noise generated by misguided "experts" and sad people who both live in fear and who honestly, gleefully seem to want the world to end.
edit on 23-4-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   
As a sidenote, 12 Monkeys is one of those rare movies (maybe the only one?), whose Predestination Paradox-style time travel plot is absolutely solid - I can't find a flaw or 'impossibility' about it. Someone thought it through very well. Nothing happens that can't happen, like in so many time travel movies, when you think about them. Nothing is 'fabricated out of nothing', like the watch in 'Somewhere in Time', for example.

I don't like it much as a movie, as it's very bleak, basically 'nothing' happens in it (the plot, story or events don't really progress after you know what basically happened in the past and what the future is like) - there's no 'big, satisfying conclusion' that would go forward - more like a bottle cap to close an already-existing chain of events, and explains everything.

So the viewer gets (extremely unsatisfying) answers to all the mystery questions, and that's about it. Nothing revolutionary happens, history, future, society, etc. doesn't change at all, oppression doesn't end, a good world doesn't emerge.. everything basically remains 'as-is', and all the efforts seen in the movie are not only futile, but fruitless.

I do like the performances (especially nicotine-craving Brad Pitt's pointful craziness), the time travel idea, the well-executed Predestination Paradox, and the 'power trip' the viewer gets from proving to the sceptical characters that Bruce Willis' character isn't crazy after all, but everything is ultimately just too depressing and the end is too chaotic to be satisfying or fun.

I guess I like more escapism from my entertainment, this is more like 'reminding how crazy and horrible this world is' instead of sweet escapism..

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   

And it becomes clearer every day that we trashed the world economy because of a relatively mild illness and the noise generated by misguided "experts" and sad people who both live in fear and who honestly, gleefully seem to want the world to end.

Oh boy if only you knew how far off kilter your worldview was you wouldn't post something like that.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Asktheanimal's great thread about the fourth (Reich) industrial revolution.

Trying to sell technological enslavement- here we go.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12
Asktheanimal's great thread about the fourth (Reich) industrial revolution.

Trying to sell technological enslavement- here we go.

Interesting vid, firstly yay for capitalism as it's the vessel responsible for getting these technocrats and philanthropists into the position they are in to bring this 4th industrial revolution into play, secondly with advancing technology and the ability to converge humans with machines we definatly need a new system, this debt based system when even medical is business is destined for failure .

I'm not convinced this will be all bad but as we know given the opportunity this technology will be used against is and not for our betterment, so way were just along for the ride, even if we wanted to I don't think we can this train.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
You know I'm just one of those people that can pull things out of her purse for every occasion. Chew on this, and happy dreams.

If you’re lazy, a lot of that strategizing is already posted online just waiting to inspire you. All you have to do is go to seanswain.org or anarchistnews.org and search for links to the Army of the 12 Monkeys.

The 12 Monkeys inspired an insurrection that ruined a prison, so it would seem that if we employ their strategies, we could ruin not just a prison or ten or twenty, but all of them. We can ruin prison entirely.

Just a side note, but the Army of the 12 Monkeys was so effective that when prison officials decided I was behind it all, I was tortured for a year… under the supervision of the FBI. Again, you can soon get the book.

So, look: it might take brilliant engineers, whole hordes of geniuses, to construct and maintain complex social machines. It just takes a few monkeys with a rock to smash it. Again, it’s not brain science or rocket surgery. Smashing a complex thing is easier than making it, and smashing a complex thing is easier than smashing a simple thing.

Check out the 12 Monkey materials. Be the first kids on your block to start your own local, clandestine resistance and create the future we all deserve. To change everything, start anywhere.

The ground you’re standing on is liberated territory. Defend it. Join the Army of the 12 Monkeys today.

Anarchist News

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join