It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Johns Hopkins: People who overcame SARS-CoV-2 can help to heal others! ** BREAKING ** Corona

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Time for good news:

People who have developed SARS-CoV-2 antibodies can donate their serum to heal others!
China has already shipped 90 tons of plasma to Italy.

You're making sure that there are antibodies in there and that they would be effective?
Exactly. Exactly — that we have a potent unit. We think that one person can treat two people.

Article at "Global Health Now" by Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health:
COVID-19’s Stop-Gap Solution Until Vaccines and Antivirals Are Ready
March 19, 2020, by Brian W. Simpson, editor-in-chief of GHN and editor of the award-winning Hopkins Bloomberg Public Health Magazine at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.

This means that the disease itself holds the key. The more it spreads, the more of the remedy becomes available.
Even more important than diagnosing the virus in sick people is to test for antibodies in people who may have had COVID-19. The test for antibodies is much cheaper and more reliable than the test for the virus itself.
The rate of people with slight or even no symptoms is far higher than those who have to go to the ICU. Donating blood is a well established practice.

Could this be the solution for the Corona pandemic?
edit on 22-3-2020 by SacredLore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Sounds like a bourgeois plot, or

the remedy...ya see, I'm on the lookout for a new something for our headlines
edit on 22-3-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SacredLore
Time for good news:

People who have developed SARS-CoV-2 antibodies can donate their serum to heal others!
China has already shipped 90 tons of plasma to Italy.

You're making sure that there are antibodies in there and that they would be effective?
Exactly. Exactly — that we have a potent unit. We think that one person can treat two people.

Article at "Global Health Now" by Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health:
COVID-19’s Stop-Gap Solution Until Vaccines and Antivirals Are Ready
March 19, 2020, by Brian W. Simpson, editor-in-chief of GHN and editor of the award-winning Hopkins Bloomberg Public Health Magazine at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.

This means that the disease itself holds the key. The more it spreads, the more of the remedy becomes available.
Even more important than diagnosing the virus in sick people is to test for antibodies in people who may have had COVID-19. The test for antibodies is much cheaper and more reliable than the test for the virus itself.
The rate of people with slight or even no symptoms is far higher than those who have to go to the ICU. Donating blood is a well established practice.

Could this be the solution?

That sounds promising if 90 tons have been shipped to Italy and they begin using it immediately then we could see a drop off there is a lot less than 10-12 weeks. Encouraging news by that time we will a number of people who have recovered to get plasma donations from.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Italy's second mistake would be using the plasma sent from CCP. IMHO

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It seems like it would be easier to give the coronavirus to a chicken, which then passes off antigens in the egg, then just consume the egg which stimulates immunity to form.

Maybe chickens can't get this coronovirus or something? Maybe it kills them?

That kind of thing works, they do it with cattle because calfs need some immunity after they are taken off of milk early because the mother's milk is used for milking to sell to the dairy industry.

There has been double blind research done on doing what I am talking about in humans.
edit on 22-3-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
Italy's second mistake would be using the plasma sent from CCP. IMHO

Lol, I'd be pretty sure they aren't going to grab it out of the box and use it on everybody, there will be testing and protocols it's not like they can hide something unidentifiable in there. Use on the most critical, till you can tap into your countries own survivors' plasma. Not everything is a plot

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Right now I wouldn't buy a blanket made in China much less serum.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

There is precedent...I read a study in re: cannabinoids. Where chickens fed a diet rich in cannabinoids passed a 1/4 gram of de carbed cannabinoids once cooked.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SacredLore

I question the reasoning of blood plasma having antibodies for SARS-CoV -2 would be effective on COVID19 for that 'novel' virus

the 'Novel' designation clearly tells the medical community that there are NO natural or developed anti-bodies in Nature … so that Everyone is available to catch it....that's the reason for the expected 40%-80% infection rate estimates... because the only humans to escape contamination will be cave-dwellers or those strictly isolated/quarantined (like a 'bubble' boy living in a sealed environment)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

The situation in the ICUs of Italy is bad. But the numbers passed around are possibly very misleading due to the fact that people with slight or no symptoms are not tested at all.

The only scientific number will be the absolute number of deaths in March in all of Italy (all causes). You can get these numbers here:

Demographic Balance for the year 2019 - March (provisional data)
(select "All Areas" and "Month: March" on the left, edit the URL for a different year)

I have done it for you for the available years.
Total number of deaths in all of Italy, any cause:

March 2019: 57882
March 2018: 58593
March 2017: 58198
March 2016: 56401
March 2015: 61581
March 2014: 54000
March 2013: 54141
March 2012: 57771

Of course 2020 is not available yet. But once we have these numbers we can make a scientifically sound statement about the actual danger that Corona poses to the world. I am sure the number will be somewhat higher, but I doubt that it will justify destroying the entire world economy for generations to come. Especially as there are cures available.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I wouldn't trust China either. But we can get donations from our own citizens.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

There is precedent...I read a study in re: cannabinoids. Where chickens fed a diet rich in cannabinoids passed a 1/4 gram of de carbed cannabinoids once cooked.

Hmmm. many plant based stuff has cannabinoids in it. So, if the chicken scrounges out in the grass, their meat can help reduce pain? I wonder if that chemistry is passed in the egg also, it would probably be in the yolk if it is.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I don't like the Chinese government either. But maybe this is the lesson to take away here for us: It is never 100% of a people who are evil. My personal experience is that 80% of the people I meet are helpful, positive and constructive. No matter their origin (and I have met people from many countries, including some of the most hated ones). They may have opinions that are completely opposed to my beliefs but in doubt they would try to help me survive with the means they have (and so would I).
Therefore I see no reason why not 80% of the Chinese would be well meaning people who are trying to get along in life, just like we do.
Having said that. I would test that serum, too, before using it. Better safe than sorry.

But it would be more a question of doubting the quality than the good intention.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Take the plasma from as many as you can find and give it to as many as you can. Now.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Sure! It is mentioned in the interview that they would want to achieve a better quality of the serum in the US, picking only serum with the highes concentration of antibodies.

As a nice side effect this would give people a feeling of unitedness. Imagine, democrats and republicans exchanging serum! :-)
(I am not a US citizen, so I have no stakes in either party.)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I see what you are saying, but the people in China live under a communist government. Therefore, they do what the government tells them to do and they don't ask questions. This is nothing against individual people. I have no doubt that the people are fine, albeit subjects of the country rather than citizens. They do what they're told to do or suffer the consequences. It is about the government of China who rules with an iron fist.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I am not sure what you mean: " SARS-CoV-2" is the official designation of the "novel Corona virus". This is the virus that causes the disease they chose to label "COVID-19". The antibodies they are talking about are specific for this virus.

It is true that there are various Corona viruses (more harmless ones) and that they have been around for a long time. Each of them is a bit different and I would assume that they caused the creation of other antibodies. Of course these antibodies would be useless here. But it seems our labs are capable to distinguish the different Corona antibodies.

Please let me know if you have any other reliable information. I am not a virologist.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

ANYTHING that works! If the chicken can help, enlist them! :-)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

We fully agree. There is a possible explanation why even the Chinese government would offer actual help to Italy: Their long term strategy is to acquire resources (metals etc.). They are very busy in Africa and I think I have heard that they have 60'000 people in China. If they can improve their relation with Italy it would be valuable for the Chinese in business terms.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70
a reply to: putnam6

Take the plasma from as many as you can find and give it to as many as you can. Now.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS...
... is the only reasonable reaction to this news. I hope Trump learns of this option soon.
edit on 22-3-2020 by SacredLore because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join