It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long will Americans allow themselves to be quarantined?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Well, I suppose we can all stay in our houses and apartments afraid of life forever ... but that's not really a good option.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They held a massive war bonds parade which sparked their outbreak making it the worst in the US.

Is there evidence that the parade was tied to the outbreak?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

While the rate of 250/100k people might be an outlier because of that, even half that would still show the significance of distancing in controlling the spread and "flattening the curve."

And an event such as that would certainly likely contribute, even seeing how packed people are in groups in daily life is cause for concern and spread, as you well know.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Keep putting out the below statistics far and wide until Americans start to wake up rebel against the mainstream media and elected officials who are clearly overreacting to what is reality.

Media and certain elected officials create mass panic over nothing-Burger.

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
People are going to start revolting if they don't see some real evidence of this being a serious pandemic. I mean real evidence.... sick people at hospitals. Neighbors getting sick.

Also, there is going to be hell to pay if this turns out to be a nothing burger. People have lost money, jobs, etc. Major disruption of society... for what?

TPTB may have found how they are going to get Trump out of office as I am sure they will try to hang it on his neck one way or the other.

If it turns out to be nothing, they will claim he made a bad decision. If it turns out to be a big deal, they will still blame him for the "China Virus"

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

elected officials who are clearly overreacting to what is reality.

I guess that includes Trump?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

They held a massive war bonds parade which sparked their outbreak making it the worst in the US.

Is there evidence that the parade was tied to the outbreak?

Yes there is.

It came in with infected sailors and spread from them, but it absolutely exploded after the war bonds parade. It took about 72 hours after that parade to fill all 31 of Philly's hospitals with 2,600 cases from a few cases reported 8 days before. Bringing 200,000 people together was just a bad idea all the way around.

www.history.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I'm not going to argue that point, just saying that Philly was a massive screwup, a how not to do it of epic proportions.

edit on 18-3-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

However, there is much not known.

Yes.
But that doesn't mean nothing is known. There is China to view as a model. South Korea. Europe. There isn't much reason to think the unimpeded progression of the disease would be very different in the US.

Except that we have far fewer smokers than China. Anything to help avoid the lung issues will be a positive. The FDA is supposed to speak tomorrow about a potential vaccine that just started human trials and the potential use of a couple of drugs for Malaria and something else that are already on the market. In the big picture, 4-6 months to a potential vaccine and treatment for current cases is huge. Massive.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

So you believe the govt (federal , state, and local) when they say they will give back all the sweeping dictatorial type powers they have now?

I to once believed in government wanting to preserve things for the people, and not just grab power and wealth at the expense of all others.

I hope you are right and I am wildly wrong, think on this the closest thing to this (level of fear and panic) we have seen before in my lifetime was the 9/11 attacks and that brought us the Patriot act.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

some real evidence of this being a serious pandemic. I mean real evidence.... sick people at hospitals. Neighbors getting sick.

Also, there is going to be hell to pay if this turns out to be a nothing burger.

So many people have to get sick and die for it be a "something burger?"

Because, you know, taking precautions that, thankfully, lessen the severity...make it a "nothing burger?"

Just trying to understand the logic.

link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Except that we have far fewer smokers than China. Anything to help avoid the lung issues will be a positive.

Maybe.

In the big picture, 4-6 months to a potential vaccine and treatment for current cases is huge.
A vaccine is more than a year from availability, no use for this.

Effective treatments would be a good thing if they pan out. In the meantime, lets do what we can to mitigate.
edit on 3/18/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Liquesence

I'm not going to argue that point, just saying that Philly was a massive screwup, a how not to do it of epic proportions.

Fair enough.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MrParanoid

It all boils down to how long the average American can keep a roof over their head and food on the table, as long as that survives then people will convince themselves everything is ok, take 1 or both away and all bets are off.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
" How long will Americans allow themselves to be quarantined? ?

Till my cigars and beer run out.

The good news is, I got a part time job as the cook at a local bar and grill.....and I have keys to the place.
Shelves of liquor, a walk in cooler full of beer and boat loads of food.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The average American family of 4 can't afford a $400 unexpected bill so I doubt they can afford a months worth of groceries at a time.

There also seems to be great pride among some that they can't cook rice, open a can of beans or boil pasta.

So...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Well, I suppose we can all stay in our houses and apartments afraid of life forever ... but that's not really a good option.

Yeah. Hey Ketsuko:
No I wasn't suggesting that at all. Sorry you took it that way. Frankly, if it is as contagious as I suggested it could possibly be, than I would simply want to know that, so we could go on about our lives, within reason (meaning avoiding infection in real, solid ways) but also knowing what may be coming, so we can prepare for that, too.

tetra

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

some real evidence of this being a serious pandemic. I mean real evidence.... sick people at hospitals. Neighbors getting sick.

Also, there is going to be hell to pay if this turns out to be a nothing burger.

So many people have to get sick and die for it be a "something burger?"

Because, you know, taking precautions that, thankfully, lessen the severity...make it a "nothing burger?"

Just trying to understand the logic.

Unfortunately, yes. People need to be sick and die.

This isn't just people being told to stay home and wash hands. People have lost half their investments. There will be massive layoffs. School closings.

Government can't just be like "Oh my bad, we over reacted..." after screwing up people's lives.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Well, we can't know everything, and let's be clear. No one gets out of life alive.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

People have only lost half their Investments if they want to cash out right now. The smarter move would be to find money and invest in the stock market before it starts rocketing back, which it will surely do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join