It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes COVID-19 worse than Seasona Influenza in one pic

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

originally posted by: muzzleflash

a reply to: muzzleflash

That long line of bodies heading to the crematorium in Italy says otherwise..
Seasonal influenza has NEVER done that..

As of 3 min ago, Italy's death toll attributed to this is officially 3,405.

Italy's population is over 60 million.

Stop freaking out plz.

Again I ask, have you ever seen a long line of trucks carrying bodies from the hospitals to crematoriums for the regular flu?
There are videos of this happening.

Show me yours for the seasonal flu..

Didn't think so.

I haven't seen any trucks with bodies.

And even if there were a line of 100 trucks with 20 bodies in each, that still doesn't account for Italy's 3,400. You'd need way more trucks.

The entire population of Italy in comparison will need a precession of over 3 million trucks.

Get your mind into perspective man.

Nearly 1.25 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,287 deaths a day. An additional 20-50 million are injured or disabled. 

1.25 million dead on the road every year plus tens of millions maimed. Every day.

But you spent all your time on what? This?

Where are your 100 posts trying to sensationalize road safety or car safety???

Forgive me for not taking your post serious at all. It's hypocrisy and hysteria.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

a reply to: muzzleflash

That long line of bodies heading to the crematorium in Italy says otherwise..
Seasonal influenza has NEVER done that..

As of 3 min ago, Italy's death toll attributed to this is officially 3,405.

Italy's population is over 60 million.

Stop freaking out plz.

Again I ask, have you ever seen a long line of trucks carrying bodies from the hospitals to crematoriums for the regular flu?
There are videos of this happening.

Show me yours for the seasonal flu..

Didn't think so.

I haven't seen any trucks with bodies.

And even if there were a line of 100 trucks with 20 bodies in each, that still doesn't account for Italy's 3,400. You'd need way more trucks.

The entire population of Italy in comparison will need a precession of over 3 million trucks.

Get your mind into perspective man.

"Something something.. well, they need to open the doors of the truck and show me the bodies.. Something something."

Yeah. I'm done 'debating' with you. It's like debating a flat earther..

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

The Earth isn't flat.

And since the year 2000 more people have died on the roads than in 3 Nazi Holocausts combined.

But you think I should be alarmed, concerned, afraid, worried, and agree with quarantine cuz of a video of trucks which even if it were true isn't exactly the apocalypse...

You'll just have to forgive and accept that I'm not and will not agree to this mass hysteria.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
I just saw a graphic from Bloomberg News that 99% of the people who have died from it in Italy had at least 1 other underlying illness. Almost 50% of them had 3 or more underlying illnesses.

Yup, I have seen and heard a few things about this issue. Thanks for adding that little ditty of credibility to my post.

Friend.

Sad that families and friends of those who have died with additional ailments must link the deaths to this virus.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

So all the doctors that have derived their knowledge from dealing with COVID-19 first hand are just jumping on the bandwagon. Okay.

Here are some facts on influenza, straight from the CDC.

CDC Flu stats 2019-2020

A total of 17,889 laboratory-confirmed influenza-associated hospitalizations were reported by FluSurv-NET sites between October 1, 2019 and March 7, 2020; 12,652 (70.7%) were associated with influenza A virus, 5,140 (28.7%) with influenza B virus, 50 (0.3%) with influenza A virus and influenza B virus co-infection, and 47 (0.3%) with influenza virus for which the type was not determined. Among those with influenza A subtype information, 3,391 (94.2%) were A(H1N1)pdm09 virus and 207 (5.8%) were A(H3N2).

So between October 1st, 2019 and March 7, 2020, there have been a total of 17,889 laboratory confirmed flu cases from people that have been hospitalized.

COVID-19 is not the flu. Believe whatever it is you all want. But this stuff is not the flu.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl
a reply to: Aallanon

But you are not an ATS moderator who is also a healthcare professional!!!

I seriously doubt it's a fake picture!!!

This isn’t a fake picture! I’ve been looking at the scientific reports myself. Man... I’m not even sure what to say. How can Republicans use this site when they are so willingly ignorant? That goes against ATS policy.

This is way worse than flu! If you don’t believe the facts, you are only going to harm yourselves and your loved ones. I understand that conservatives are usually sheltered from reality and aren’t used to being held accountable to facts and science but viruses - you aren’t protected from those by either faith, willful ignorance, or money. Have fun!
edit on 19pmThu, 19 Mar 2020 20:20:03 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols

So all the doctors that have derived their knowledge from dealing with COVID-19 first hand are just jumping on the bandwagon. Okay.

I didn't say that at all.

Here are some facts on influenza, straight from the CDC.

CDC Flu stats 2019-2020

A total of 17,889 laboratory-confirmed influenza-associated hospitalizations were reported by FluSurv-NET sites between October 1, 2019 and March 7, 2020; 12,652 (70.7%) were associated with influenza A virus, 5,140 (28.7%) with influenza B virus, 50 (0.3%) with influenza A virus and influenza B virus co-infection, and 47 (0.3%) with influenza virus for which the type was not determined. Among those with influenza A subtype information, 3,391 (94.2%) were A(H1N1)pdm09 virus and 207 (5.8%) were A(H3N2).

So between October 1st, 2019 and March 7, 2020, there have been a total of 17,889 laboratory confirmed flu cases from people that have been hospitalized.

COVID-19 is not the flu. Believe whatever it is you all want. But this stuff is not the flu.

According to CNN, as of yesterday, there were 508 hospitalizations for coronavirus in the U.S. 17,889 is a lot bigger than 508. Obviously that's going to grow, but what's your point? We don't have enough data to make a meaningful comparison at this point.

ETA: Also, that's still just looking at the U.S. No one has been able to show a worldwide death rate for flu to compare to the worldwide death rate for coronavirus.
edit on 19 3 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Ya reply to: face23785

Your problem is that you don’t understand how exponential growth works. We are just in the beginning stages. Over 50% of California’s population could get infected, for example.

Just don’t be surprised when the number skyrockets. It’s easily predicted using science.
edit on 19pmThu, 19 Mar 2020 20:28:39 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
totally agree with you . most people that get it wont even know. And then they wont be counted on any statistic charts

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Ya reply to: face23785

Your problem is that you don’t understand how exponential growth works. We are just in the beginning stages. Over 50% of California’s population could get infected, for example.

Just don’t be surprised when the number skyrockets. It’s easily predicted using science.

Your problem is you make baseless assumptions. Did I not just say the number will grow? How much it grows is unknown. Anything that says this is what could happen isn't exactly iron-clad, wouldn't you agree? If it's easily predicted, why the hedging? Just tell us "50% of California's population will get the virus."

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Just let em keep going. Everything will change post this mess, much of it will center around the common practice of weaponizing random information for an argument that doesn’t make sense.

That being said it does frustrate me. Their ignorance could kill my parents. They don’t understand if we slow the spread of this we can figure out how to treat it better. But whatever.. next you know they will be posting some random information about how lack of activity didn’t lessen environmental impact ...

You climate deniers prepare for post virus. This lockdown is demonstrating the damage humans do to the environment.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Well, you can click your own name to my first reply where you said something like no conspiracy needed, doctors just need to jump on a bandwagon.

Anyway.

Italy deaths surpass China deaths, COVID-19

Just read that news story from Sky news about the Italy deaths by COVID-19 passing China's.

A nurse at a Milan hospital, Daniela Confalonieri, said: "Unfortunately we can't contain the situation in Lombardy.

"There's a high level of contagion and we're not even counting the dead anymore."

And that's in just one place in Italy. I'm not going to try to convince you or anyone else to take it seriously. These are reports from people on the ground dealing with it first hand.

Oh and all of this is in a time frame of a month and half? And that's with quarantine orders in Italy, country on lockdown.

You think that doctor in China that blew the whistle on this stuff that later died from it, the same doctor that China reprimanded for blowing the whistle thought it was "just the flu"?

Also, this is a completely new and unknown virus. We have no idea of it's short or long term effects.

Like I said, I'm not arguing or saying anymore about it. Believe what you want, but the facts tell a different story.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols

Well, you can click your own name to my first reply where you said something like no conspiracy needed, doctors just need to jump on a bandwagon.

Complete misrepresentation of what I said. What are your motivations for doing that?

Anyway.

Italy deaths surpass China deaths, COVID-19

Just read that news story from Sky news about the Italy deaths by COVID-19 passing China's.

A nurse at a Milan hospital, Daniela Confalonieri, said: "Unfortunately we can't contain the situation in Lombardy.

"There's a high level of contagion and we're not even counting the dead anymore."

And that's in just one place in Italy. I'm not going to try to convince you or anyone else to take it seriously. These are reports from people on the ground dealing with it first hand.

Oh and all of this is in a time frame of a month and half? And that's with quarantine orders in Italy, country on lockdown.

You think that doctor in China that blew the whistle on this stuff that later died from it, the same doctor that China reprimanded for blowing the whistle thought it was "just the flu"?

Also, this is a completely new and unknown virus. We have no idea of it's short or long term effects.

Like I said, I'm not arguing or saying anymore about it. Believe what you want, but the facts tell a different story.

First of all, I've never said it's just the flu. I've been pointing out that no one has been able to make a meaningful comparison to the flu because no one can cite a reliable source for what the global death rate is for the flu. Additionally, as you and I have both said, this is new. We just don't have enough data yet to do any meaningful comparisons.

Just citing numbers with no context and saying "well the people that died don't think it's 'just the flu'" doesn't prove anything. People that die from the flu probably don't think that's "just the flu" either. I guess the flu must be way deadlier than the flu, right? Or something?

Stop misrepresenting what I'm saying and it might make a lot more sense to you.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
So shocking very worried... lol

influenza has been around for hundreds of years right?
So imo comparisons are moot, just sayin'

i think im going to buy a gun and shoot me some corona with lime

hows mexico this time of year? I heard you get a great view from the wall...

edit on 19-3-2020 by SupermassiveBlackHOLE because: i tried to reply to someone but i messed up because im dumb so i changed my post and i hope you dont hate me.. jk

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Is that you dick Cheney?

Telling us THIS terror threat is the worse, and we need to sign our rights away with the patriot act?

Oh my mistake, just the more family friendly left wing fear monger clamoring to strip people of their rights through fear mongering

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Post a few of the important snippets from it?

To summarize Imperial College - COVID19 NPI modelling and Tomas Pueyo - Coronavirus act today or people will die:

Do nothing >3% of people die
Mitigation >0.5% of people die
Soft suppression >0.008% of people die
Hard suppression >0.0006% of people die

Mitigation is case isolation, household quarantine, and general social distancing.
Soft suppression is case isolation, household quarantine, general social distancing, and school/university closure.
Hard suppression is case isolation, household quarantine, general social distancing, school/university closure, and shutdown of non essential travel and business.

With mitigation, the number of deaths rises slowly. With soft suppression, the number of deaths falls slowly, by about half per month. With hard suppression, the number of deaths falls quickly, by about half every three days.

After a month of hard suppression, there are almost no deaths, and it makes sense to switch to soft suppression. Hard suppression can not reduce the cases to zero, because some people who recover don't kill all the coronavirus in their bodies and can get a major coronavirus infection again.

In my opinion, the best way is a month of hard suppression, followed by soft suppression, until a way is found to completely cure the coronavirus in people who got it.

The reason to go to hard suppression is to reduce deaths with the current strains of coronavirus, and also to reduce the chance of the coronavirus mutating into something even more dangerous. The overall rate of mutation is proportional to the number of people infected, and while society can handle the current strains, it might not be able to handle a future mutation.
edit on 20-3-2020 by RumannXylo because: half every three days instead of about half per week, copy and paste mistake

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   
This is not a hoax. Calling it that won’t protect you. Stay indoors wear gloves and a mask. When for those other viruses did they shut # down like this ?? It’s highly contagious and can incubate undetected. It’s on a Spanish flu trajectory and that killed 17 million in 3 years.
a reply to: carewemust

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Killeonidas

The Great Depression killed 7 million people

Looks like that is the path we are more willing to take to take precautions against this flu

Oh, and of course laying the ground work for tyranny form the gov anytime they can announce a threat

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

VOX is one of the most twisted Liberally controlled news mediums that exists. Taking this with a grain of salt. If they had been honest in the past and not members of the Trump hate train, I may be inclined to take this more serious. Maybe try a news source that's not so agenda controlled and unbiased and we will talk. I'm not even asking for a Conservative take, but a news source that's not republican or democrat. A news source that is outside of the country and doesn't care about hoodwining the American public, like VOX always has. They twist words and make up crap. so...on to the next.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: nugget1

If you go to Italy and ask around, I bet almost everyone knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who is in the hospital, or has died from the virus.

In America you would have to ask a whole lot of people before finding someone who knows someone who knows someone who is hospitalized, or who has died from Coronavirus.

There is so many things wrong with this comparison biggest two being Italy has a smaller population but a higher population density. Just texas alone is almost twice the size, Italy is 301,340 square kilometers the US is 9,826,675 square

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join