It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stimulus check 2020, should the disabled get it

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Why should people who are still working and fall under the $75k a year receive a check.

(post by BoscoMoney removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I am disabled and live on a fourth of what am employed person lives on!! And it’s not cheese money I work from 13 years of age until my back would no longer allow me!! Every dime I am paid I paid in while I was employed and if one American recurved a stimulus check we all should!! This is crap we the disabled are already unhealthy and mire at risk than healthy people!! a reply to: wrayth

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
http://a reply to: AmyVanReenan

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: wrayth what about the liberated single moms who live entirely off government benefits and are already getting an eight grand back tax refund because of EIC?

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: firefox7493
Why should people who are still working and fall under the $75k a year receive a check.

Why should anyone be getting a check if the government didn't tank the economy?

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   
They could of made it simplified that everyone 18 and over with SS# gets it and people with kids get half per child. Now it's a huge mess and 800 page long bill, and you got to be a attorney to understand it. The government could plan for something like this... Like having a picture ID that also serves as a credit card that is activated in a emergency. With the current old outdated way you get a check mailed out, and who gets it is based off a green screen computer sitting in the basement of the IRS. A computer with 2 year old data. Not only is the check going to the wrong address, you might get one sometime in May or not at all. Everyone is going to be dead or dying from the virus by the time the money actually gets spent in a economy. A economy on lock down mind you. With how large the US is in population we should be thriving, but we're not, that's because we got a government that needs reformed and updated from the 19th century way of doing things. It takes congress YEARS to plan or do anything. It takes a virus to get the infrastructure and roads fixed. Concrete is turning back into gravel as the rain been beating down on it for 30-40 years.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Which government?

I think using AGI is an odd choice though, rather than taxable income.

edit on 3/31/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: sean

Nice rants.

I heard today a report on how the government was going to get the individual money out. The official (sorry, don't remember his name; it was playing in the background) said that the government would use both IRS records and SS records to get the money (Direct Deposit if possible) to as many people as fast as they could. Well, I guess I'll be getting one after all, since I am on SS Disability.

In other words, they are doing exactly what you demand they do in your rant. They are even working on that "real ID" thing, but the states aren't quite ready to get it implemented.

As for helping out the businesses, do you understand how this helps the businesses? Yeah, they can get money too, so they don't go bust and take those jobs with them when this is all over. If they use it to pay things like rent and "catastrophe pay" (yeah, that's a new one on me*), it's free money (up to a maximum); if not, if they pocket it or buy back stock or something like that, it's a loan they have to pay back. I mean, you do realize this will someday pass, right? Hopefully sooner than later? So what's that waitress going to do when she can go back to work, but all the restaurants are closed?

Might want to take a deep breath instead of screaming at the TV. You're screaming at the government because they are doing what you are screaming you want them to do.

* Found out about the catastrophe pay thing from my daughter. She's getting paid just as though she was working, but she's at home waiting out the WuFlu. Nice gig if you can get it.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Which government?

Ours, but if you want specifics for me, New Jersey and California.

I think using AGI is an odd choice though, rather than taxable income.

Why would you think the Federal Government would do anything that makes sense?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: wrayth

I was actually talking with my mother about this last night.

She was the one who brought it up btw.

She was sort of upset that kids like oldest nephew who are part-time workers in the workforce and rely on those entry level jobs as resume builders, sometimes as income assistance for their families, and as extras income for themselves are being very hard hit by this as they're losing jobs and hours as the low men on the totem pole and often the first ones to be cut.

But on the other hand, she and my dad were going to receive checks even though they were on retirement income and entirely fixed income with no job or hours to worry about at present. They get what they get every month until and unless the government collapse, investments die, etc.

She said they were going to take the money, of course, because you don't turn it down as it's yours to begin with as some point, but if she had a choice, she'd rather it go to those part-time high school kids who aren't going to be getting it and who likely aren't going to be working much right now either.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I would assume that the child was filed as a dependent with his parents tax returns. He may not get the full 1200 but his parents or guardian should provide him with the additional 500 that they will receive.

Obviously, that is still up to the parents/guardians to make such a decision. Every family has different and varied situations and levels of support and provisions. The family may decide that they need that additional 500 to care and feed that child.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Correct. If you've gotten direct deposit on any refunds they have your banking info and you'll get this right away.
If they have a W2 or a 1099 which is a statement of untaxed income and what folks on social security get every year then you will get a check or direct deposit.
Families with children under 16 will also get 500 per child.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

But the economy was booming remember?? The bestest economy that mankind has ever seen and no one ever saw this coming it's so unfair and why doesn't anyone show me any appreciation? And why...
Sorry went inside that head and got lost there for a minute.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

They won't get one.

No one making over 75K or 150K for a couple will get anything.

Gates and trump are way over that limit.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Coronavirus is not a bio weapon.

Can we just....
Get a grip here?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yeah, the restrictions have evolved since I posted that.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

www.irs.gov...

Now their saying we have to file to get it and there will....soon... be a special form for us to file on their site..

Dems are throwing a fit over it so it might change again, who knows.

But, I ain't gonna hold my breath for "soon" to come around. Lol...

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Stay safe ya old gezzer you.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
That literally starts No action need by most people at this time
Then they change it for millions of seniors.

Check IRS.gov for the latest information: No action needed by most people at this time

If you've filed for 2018 you're good. 2019 is extended until July anyway.
If you had a baby since 2018 and you want to add that child to get the extra $500. then go ahead and file now to add the new baby.
If yo filed but didn't get a refund and you do not collect SS you should expect to get a paper check.
edit on 412020 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join