It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19: definitely a conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

originally posted by: Phage

The president's attitude certainly changed. Over night.

That's a good point actually, have to wonder if he was provided with some sort of information that changed his opinion.

I posted this in another thread....

From a political risk standpoint when you have a hysterical media that already isn't too friendly, it is far easier to just play along...

1) If Trump continues to down play it as hysteria, he is in a no win situation. Every death is going to be hanged on his neck whether he could have prevented them or not. If 500 people die, you know Don Lemonade and every other liberal pundit and politician is going to yapping non stop about how the President didn't do enough and is responsible for the 500 deaths while completing ignoring the thousands that died from h1n1 or other variants.

2) Because he has done something.... when this finally blows over he can take credit for acting swiftly even if maybe it would have blown over regardless. If it turns out to be worse, they also can't blame him for not doing something.

He wins politically by doing something even if that something doesn't necessarily prevent deaths or is kabuki theatre.

this virus is no #ing game boy.
you trump fanatics are so lost in your paranoia and anger, you should be banned from the internet for your own protection.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

back in 2017-2018 there were 810,000 hospitalizations and 61,000 deaths from a seasonal flu bug

A few weeks ago I was looking into the number of deaths caused by the flu and I basically came to the conclusion that those numbers aren't really valid. The CDC even states they don't record flu death numbers because people who have the flu and die often have other illnesses which compromise their immune system, allowing them to get the flu easier, along with a range of other reasons. However flu deaths for children are recorded more rigorously and the CDC claims the number of children who die from the flu each year has "ranged from 37 (2011-2012 season) to 185 deaths (2017-2018 season)". It seems much more reliable to judge the deadliness of a virus based on how many kids it kills, and even in the very bad 2017-2018 flu season the number of deaths in children is still about a quarter of Norovirus deaths each year.

CDC does not know exactly how many people die from seasonal flu each year. There are several reasons for this. First, states are not required to report individual flu illnesses or deaths among people older than 18 years of age to CDC. Second, influenza is infrequently listed on death certificates of people who die from flu-related complications. Third, many flu-related deaths occur one or two weeks after a person’s initial infection, either because the person may develop a secondary bacterial co-infection (such as bacterial pneumonia) or because influenza can aggravate an existing chronic illness (such as congestive heart failure or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). Also, most people who die from flu-related complications are not tested for flu, or they seek medical care later in their illness when influenza can no longer be detected from respiratory samples. Sensitive influenza tests are only likely to detect influenza if performed within a week after onset of illness. In addition, some commonly used tests to diagnose influenza in clinical settings are not highly sensitive and can provide false negative results (i.e. they misdiagnose flu illness as not being flu.) For these reasons, many flu-related deaths may not be recorded on death certificates.

Frequently Asked Questions about Estimated Flu Burden

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I just learned through sources that it was all instigated by a Wallmart employee. You know how penny pinching they are. My source tells me a plan was hatched to greatly reduce inventory during our quarrels with China by introducing a story of the 'Corona Virus' Thus they could drastically reduce aging inventory and empty of older merchandise by announcing a pandemic, knowing all the stores would be mobbed and emptied. And avoid all the advertisement costs associated with 'Spring Cleaning' The Trump Marriage with India would allow a new trading partner access to all of Wallmarts locations and importing begin.

Now you know "The Rest Of The Story"

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

if it weren't for the MSM saturating the airwaves with CV19 news then we would have already forgotten about this virus.

If I knew how, I would screenshot the ''new topics'' list of ATS. ATS is now MSM???

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

And who might that ''sources'' be, a drunk slobbering into his beer at the far end of the bar? However, I must say that as far as inventiveness goes, this story is interesting to think about. Let's see is this new partnership with India comes to play. That is we will see if we live though all of this.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

if it weren't for the MSM saturating the airwaves with CV19 news then we would have already forgotten about this virus.

If I knew how, I would screenshot the ''new topics'' list of ATS. ATS is now MSM???

I don't disagree, there's a lot of it on ATS too but that wouldn't exist unless the MSM had first hyped it up. Unfortunately they still have the most power when it comes to pushing a narrative.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I don't disagree, there's a lot of it on ATS too but that wouldn't exist unless the MSM had first hyped it up.

Nonsense. There was no news media hype when the ATS crew jumped on the doom train. ATS was, as usual, well ahead on that curve. It's a creature of social media, not "MSM."
edit on 3/15/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

you trump fanatics are so lost in your paranoia and anger, you should be banned from the internet for your own protection.

Hold on a sec, you first say it's a super duper serious virus, then you say Edumakated is the paranoid one? It also seems to me you're the only one here with anger issues. What Edumakated stated is rational and logical reasoning for why Trump shifted his attitude towards CV19.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I don't disagree, there's a lot of it on ATS too but that wouldn't exist unless the MSM had first hyped it up.

Nonsense. There was no news media hype when the ATS crew jumped on the doom train. ATS was, as usual, well ahead on that curve. It's a creature of social media, not "MSM."

I don't necessarily disagree with this either, we had some threads early on but nothing like now, and once again the pace on ATS sort of followed along with the MSM and global reaction. My point is it's not like ATS created the panic, the media clearly did.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I believe is China all the way.
I followed this thing from the beginning and as tempting as it was to build a conspiracy around this nothing really seems to fit. A virus is a too unpredictable factor and it spreads everywhere. I saw no country spared, none that come up with a "miracle" drug or even a vaccine. So who wins from this?
Media is just what media is, a bunch of crocks hunting ratings and prime time, blowing things out of proportion.

Up until last week when suddenly China "overcome" the virus. The infected got down to small - two digits numbers; their "instant" hospitals are empty and the country is slowly returning to normal; they are even sending medicine and doctors to Italy to help. And then they threatened US to not export drugs anymore, it was a thread here on ATS. It was then when things clicked for me.

So China got a virus; created an unprecedented panic by closing down what? a 100 million people? and we all believed that this will be the end of them. Then they spread this virus all over the world, and now, when the whole western world is on halt and all our systems and markets are crashing down on us they recover? How do you recover so fast from such a huge contagion?

So now they have the means of production, they have most of the drugs we need and they watch us going down in flames. I don't know but it's too suspicious to me.

The thing that will confirm it for me is to hear about China negotiating some new terms with the western world now that they are coming back in force. And then we will all understand the dirty trick played on us.

You know how we all were so sure that China is hiding the real cases number and wondered how much worse the reality is? What if they hidden the real numbers because the reality was never so bad but they only wanted to create panic? What if they deliberately infected their own people and when the spread was big enough they knew how to stop it, what if they have a cure we dont know about? Will we see China in the next weeks coming with a solution for corona, ready to sell it to the western world under specific conditions? Only time will tell.

I don't know, maybe is just another crazy conspiracy or maybe I'm spending too much time here on ATS but so far is the only option that makes sense to me. Make what you will of it.

edit on 15-3-2020 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

My point is it's not like ATS created the panic, the media clearly did.

No. People created the panic. People like some of those here.

Show me a single case of the media saying "go buy all the toilet paper you can!"
Show me a case of the media exaggerating the threat rather than reporting it.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Dr Micheal Salla,

In an interview and letter made available in 2010, an anonymous official within the City of London revealed a secret plan supported by high-level Masons to support a biological warfare attack against China designed to cripple its economic growth and growing military power. The biological weapon was to be part of a timeline of both contrived geopolitical events and a natural disaster that would eliminate half of the planet’s population.

michaelsalla.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

"Dr" Salla?

He's still around?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Not arguing with you, but as an aside, I do think there are many times when reporters and media are paid/rewarded for asking certain questions.

For example : I heard on the radio weds afternoon a reporter asking Trump if the cruise ship industry was going to get a bailout.

Now what in hell made that a pertinent question while questioning the President?
edit on 15-3-2020 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Yep and he is as out there as ever

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

My point is it's not like ATS created the panic, the media clearly did.

No. People created the panic. People like some of those here.

Show me a single case of the media saying "go buy all the toilet paper you can!"
Show me a case of the media exaggerating the threat rather than reporting it.

Once again I find it hard to disagree, the real fault is with human nature as much as I hate saying that. However, I will say this, a few weeks ago before the toilet paper thing started I was watching the news and they showed a video of people fighting over toilet paper. I immediately worried that showing that video would cause people to hoard toilet paper and it pretty much did. A few days later the MSM had some new toilet paper clips to show and while funny I knew it was a bad idea. From what I understand the trend basically started here or we were one of the first countries to start fighting over toiler paper, and while I don't think it's fair to blame the MSM because they're just reporting events, they certainly didn't help the situation and it would seem to me they are intentionally inflaming the situation.
edit on 15/3/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

they certainly didn't help the situation and it would seem to me they are intentionally inflaming the situation.
Intentionally. Got it.
Showing people obviously being stupid is an intentional effort to make more people behave stupidly.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

originally posted by: oloufo

Hold on a sec, you first say it's a super duper serious virus, then you say Edumakated is the paranoid one? It also seems to me you're the only one here with anger issues. What Edumakated stated is rational and logical reasoning for why Trump shifted his attitude towards CV19.

the paranoid referred to the user with whom Edumakated was in exchange. the virus was created to cause trump damage and so on. i never said that the virus is not dangerous. It is very dangerous because it is a new virus and we are not immune and because it is still spreading.

trump is not a crisis manager, he only manages himself.
edit on 15-3-2020 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

No that's just one small example, it's really the overall style of reporting and the endless amount of it. The alarmism of the reporting simply isn't proportional to the severity of the virus. Which means the MSM is fearmongering for political reasons or because they've been told to treat it this seriously. I can hardly believe the sensationalism I am witnessing from the MSM right now, it's truly baffling. There is a third option for this behavior which occurred to me, which is the MSM corporations are milking this story for every penny because they know fear sells and they've been doing terrible the last few years. That would of course require an astonishing lack of ethics however and seems least likely of all to me.
edit on 15/3/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The alarmism of the reporting simply isn't proportional to the severity of the virus.
Must be a subjective thing. As I said, I haven't seem the alarmism you speak of.

I can hardly believe the sensationalism I am witnessing from the MSM right now, it's truly baffling
Once again, for example?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join