It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laid off from COV19.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Trump needs to put a moratorium on foreclosures and repossessions, late fees and additional interest on debts, no disconnects or penalties on utilities.

People can't become homeless and carless because of the effects of this epidemic. It wouldn't be right.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
There is a bright side to all of this.

#1. Our health organizations will be beefed up to handle future viral incursions.

#2. The economy will come back in a massive boom.

#3. People now have the time to stop and smell the roses. Work is not what life is about. MAYBE, companies and people will realize at the end of this that all work and very little play is a waste of life. (European libtards figured this out already)

I've been following this for months just like all of you have on this site. I can say I am proud of how quickly, professionally, and aggressive the state governors have handled this issue. Abe of Japan still can't get his sht together. I've been impressed with the management of governors regardless of party. I think Cuomo is doing a great job considering the ridiculous impossible issue he is faced with.

I live in Colorado. I am also impressed with this Democrat Governor. In no time flat, with only 100 something cases, he has halted social gatherings and ramped up testing.

Unlike some of you that don't think this virus is serious, I do. I think losing 3-4 percent of our population is a real threat, and am grateful the governors are not pessimistic conspiracy hacks. They are doing the right things at the right times. I am very impressed. Though this will cause harm to the economy,,, money cannot buy a life back. Money cannot repair a family that is torn apart earlier than it needed to be. Would you let your kids go outside if there was a 3-4 percent chance they would die? The kids aren't at stake here, but we and our elders are. Sht, I'm in the danger zone for this and am pretty sure I'll end up on a ventilator if I catch it. I think its fine if I die. Part of life. But my family would be devastated.

So take this serious please. The economy will come back. You will get a job again. But only Jesus can bring back the dead.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

As far as your oven door handle goes, if parts are no longer available for your oven, a metal bathroom towel holder may work as a replacement handle.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Go get your unemployment benefits. If they deny you, appeal and you will win unless you beat someone up or stole at work.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Rob808 - my condolences on the passing of your Grandma. Hugs.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I wanted to get a cotton candy coated ice cream cone at Dairy Queen today, but they were only serving people from their drive through. And my work vehicle was the wrong size!!!

:'(

originally posted by: FingerMan
There is a bright side to all of this.

#1. Our health organizations will be beefed up to handle future viral incursions.

By which you mean..... the cost of health care will go up even higher than it already is, so more money can go to them.

(With no real effect because the system they have in place can't stop covid19 type viruses anyway.)

#2. The economy will come back in a massive boom.

We all hope.

#3. People now have the time to stop and smell the roses. Work is not what life is about. MAYBE, companies and people will realize at the end of this that all work and very little play is a waste of life. (European libtards figured this out already)

The ones with jobs that pay well enough so they can afford to work fewer than 50 hours a week will. Yes.

I've been following this for months just like all of you have on this site. I can say I am proud of how quickly, professionally, and aggressive the state governors have handled this issue. Abe of Japan still can't get his sht together. I've been impressed with the management of governors regardless of party. I think Cuomo is doing a great job considering the ridiculous impossible issue he is faced with.

I live in Colorado. I am also impressed with this Democrat Governor. In no time flat, with only 100 something cases, he has halted social gatherings and ramped up testing.

I'm not sure I would exactly be quite "proud" of him for stopping social gatherings.

That part of the "cure" smells a little bit fishy.

Unlike some of you that don't think this virus is serious, I do. I think losing 3-4 percent of our population is a real threat,

......It would be.

..........if that were actually ever likely.

I think most of the population is immune. And among those that aren't, the majority of cases are not severe (to the point where they may go unreported, because people don't even know they have it.)

Even in the worst case, we would never lose 3% of our population to this.

and am grateful the governors are not pessimistic conspiracy hacks. They are doing the right things at the right times. I am very impressed. Though this will cause harm to the economy,,, money cannot buy a life back. Money cannot repair a family that is torn apart earlier than it needed to be. Would you let your kids go outside if there was a 3-4 percent chance they would die?
The kids aren't at stake here, but we and our elders are. Sht, I'm in the danger zone for this and am pretty sure I'll end up on a ventilator if I catch it. I think its fine if I die. Part of life. But my family would be devastated.

So take this serious please. The economy will come back. You will get a job again. But only Jesus can bring back the dead.

The main gripe I have (and a lot of other people too), is shutting down the economy.

Most elderly people are retired. They can shut themselves in with next to zero effect on the economy at large.

Even if the other at risk groups were allowed to stay home and invoke FMLA, the economy could probably handle it.

But consider that more people will probably become homeless over this than the number who die. As of today March 16th, Covid19 has so far killed 91 Americans this year. But an estimated 13,000 people who were homeless died last year.

nationalhomeless.org...

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. As for your job, collect for now and they may even extend the time due to this virus.

Hugs!

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Another one of u. Comparing years of data to months. Get real. It's just begun. If we don't stop it now then it WILL surpass those numbers at the rate it's going. Use your brain.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

By beefed up healthcare system, I mean beefed up sub committee under Homeland Security.
Let's say for the sake of argument, that the government could quickly identify and isolate persons with the flu.
Wouldn't that be great? Not to have to worry so much about getting sick and dying, and the ability to eradicate zoonotic diseases quickly as they appear?
I think this will become a reality in the next ten years, partly because of this epidemic.

I hope the number is not 3%. But some data shows this is fact. Now, that is not 3% of young healthy populations. That 3% comes from unhealthy and older individuals raising the factors. A healthy 30 year old has like a .07% chance of dying. Something like that. And so, it is still higher than the Flu, but is not 3%. Most people on this site I would educate a guess and say fall into the susceptible to becoming severely ill or dying category. Above 60 years old, the % is somewhere north of 10% and raises with pre-existing conditions.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
First off, I'm sorry about your grandmother.

On the pandemic... there are two possible scenarios for the weeks or months to come. First possibility is, the pandemic reaches an end and all the big investors that bought stocks at the lowest price will then profit from this new manufactured crisis. This one is more likely to happen.

Second possibility, more far-fetched... the economy crashes, a one world order and currency is established. That would mean the whole system we know and live in would collapse and be replaced by a new one.

Even though the second outcome is not the most likely one, we should always have in mind such a possibility exists. But if that happened, all the money you have or don't have will be worth nothing. It's a different world.

My advice is, prepare for whatever comes. The wisest men don't prepare for the most likely possibilities, they hope for the best and get ready for the worst. Always stock up on food and personal higyene supplies that could last enough time in a crisis. That should help making you feel more protected.

But honestly, I think this will be just another crisis that will go away, jobs and economy will recover from this as well as you. Meanwhile, stay strong.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
huh, so your advice is to counter negativity with positivity. After asking if I want some cheese with my whine for sharing getting laid off and losing my grandmother the same day.

What makes you assume what sort of suffrage I have, and therefore quantify me?

I’ll take your comment with a smile as I again tell you to shove it where the sun don’t shine. As this weeks dragged quite few beyond myself have lost the ability to work due to panic over the flu.

a reply to: Boadicea

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
What do you call America’s response so far? It’s been a panicked misunderstood joke.

Has the way America’s responded saved lives? Has it been correct with the this situation?

a reply to: Deny Arrogance

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I can’t buy chicken bread tp, or pasta at my grocery, several days now. a reply to: Xtrozero

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
You obviously misunderstand humor as a coping system. I’ll explain the joke, but it’s not funny now. After discussing two challenging moments in life, focusing on a very very small mundane one makes for an extreme, almost comical comparison. Har har.

I’m not sure why you would think my situation is fake news, but we’ve all seen you’re record as a moral compass.

a reply to: Sillyolme

edit on 20-3-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Thanks, it seems like many others will be struggling from this now economic situation a reply to: Gnawledge

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Thank you a reply to: hiddeninsite

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
I can’t buy chicken bread tp, or pasta at my grocery, several days now. a reply to: Xtrozero

Go to an Asian store and get 50lbs of rice... Or 4 bags...

Most of the world lives on rice, BTW I use to make my own pasta, use to mix it with a lot of stuff like spinach, peppers etc. If you have a machine it is easy and taste 10 times better. If you want to get crazy, buy old world grain and use that.

Fresh noodle fettuccine is crazy good.

edit on 20-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I’ve been enjoying rice and beans, ive never made my own noodles though.

a reply to: Xtrozero

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
I’ve been enjoying rice and beans, ive never made my own noodles though.

a reply to: Xtrozero

Get a real rice cooker, if you are single a small one costs like 30 bucks. My wife will only buy a true Japanese one at 260 bucks, but the 30 dollar ones are not bad, and they keep the rice warm for days on end.

Go to an Asian store and get Thai jasmine rice as it is about the best, and will cost you 40 bucks for 50 lbs. White rice will also keep for 20 years in a cool/dry place. Brown rice is good for about a year since it has more oils than white.

BTW there is about 360 cups of cooked rice in a 50 lbs bag and so if a serving was two cups that would be 22 cents a serving... And people say they can't afford to buy food in America as they eat out multiple times a week.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join