It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laid off from COV19.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Wow Friday the 13th. Text from the dad to wake me up grandma passed last night. Email from work saying don’t come in instead call in for a phone conference. Call in to be told my contract is being terminated along with 3 other employees because of the economic impact of cov19. No severance, don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

I blame you America, for all your panic over yet another nothingburger.

And to add to Friday the 13, my oven door handle broke, the fridge light burned out and I can’t buy toilet paper or bread at my grocery store!

Cov19 is having real world impact in America but the biggest illness isn’t the virus.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

Cov19 is having real world impact in America but the biggest illness isn’t the virus.

Well said.
But it is not Friday 13th to blame.
It is the New World.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

i posted this in the friday 13th thread, works here to.

Very superstitious, writings on the wall,
Very superstitious, ladders 'bout to fall,
Thirteen-months-old baby broke the lookin' glass
Seven years of bad luck, the good things in your past
When you believe in things that you don't understand,
Then you suffer,
Superstition ain't the way , no, no, no
Stevie Wonder

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Look on the bright side .

At least you didn’t spill a beer . 🍺

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Sorry to hear this.

I suspect my job might be gone very soon too. I work in a corporate related related industry.

Cancellations are coming in like crazy. Some are just cancelling a few months out. Others are cancelled the entire year.
A few said they are completely converting to virtual.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Wow sounds like you've had a really s***ty day, where do you work? is it in the tourism sector?

No the virus itself isn't the problem, It's people and their hostility surrounding it.

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I said this in another thread. The cure is worse than the disease. Covid-19 is being used as a political tool to hurt Trump and if people are casualties of war so be it. At Any Cost!

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I said this in another thread. The cure is worse than the disease. Covid-19 is being used as a political tool to hurt Trump and if people are casualties of war so be it. At Any Cost!

Please tell me you don't honestly believe this.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
In the entertainment/broadcast industry. a reply to: StrangeQuark96

+23 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Please tell me you don't honestly believe this.

Which part? That mass hysteria has ensued over a virus that has little to no effect on almost anyone under 60, and is really only a threat to those 70+?

Or the part the media and Democrats are constantly attacking Trump over this, driving the hysteria.
edit on 14-3-2020 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Pretty sure I specified where I'm laying the blame. a reply to: Gothmog

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
To add to what you said: they’ve destroyed many peoples retirement plans too. Then add in all the debt being added right now we all be responsible for as well. Kids out of school, but can’t take them to daycare, can’t take them to the grandparents. Hell, maybe you should convert to a babysitter for now. I feel for you man and knew everyone overreacting was gonna destroy people’s lives in more ways than death. Good luck and hope things turn around for you.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
True! It was more of a whiskey night. a reply to: Fallingdown

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Great jam, Stevie knows a thing or two. Im not one for superstition typically. It was the funniest aspect of my day. a reply to: hounddoghowlie

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I agree, this is manufactured fear. If people were afraid of getting sick why are they all gathering at at markets to buy TP and booze? They tell us the symptoms are the same as a cold/flu, but you might die from it... so every little sniffle or cough is now a death sentence to everyone around you.

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
If I had to choose one, I would choose Covid over the flu.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

“ whiskey nights “

Never heard of them .

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

My condolences on the passing of your grandmother.

I sincerely believe that this will blow over (for the most part) by mid-April.

I hope things turn around for you.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
You know a friend of mine baby sits “full-time” (about 30 hours wk) makes 40k and has quite a bit of free time... not a bad idea. a reply to: Middleoftheroad

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What damage to our economy will be done by then because of media liberal driven fear.

Me and my wife both work in healthcare, so my parents called me a few weeks ago to ask what we think.

They struggled believing us when we said it's overhyped and only the sick/elderly are at real risk because the media was blasting how even healthy people like the Doctor in China die from this. They expected everyone at our hospital was terrified and couldn't believe no one is and we just take proper precautions like every other illness and we are all pissed off at how overblown this is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join