It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laid off from COV19.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Rob808

You grandmother passed away and your concern includes a refrigerator handle?

Something makes me think this is a click bait thread.
I am very sorry if this is true.
Well honestly I would be. But I don't believe a word of it.

When something big goes bad like that, every little thing is a distraction and further irritation. I've been there. It's believable.

Yeah ... that's just incredibly real.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You don't hear how cold and heartless you sound?
So what you say.. Won't effect me you say. Who cares about the older people.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

They who? Who destroyed any retirement plans?
The virus?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I fear the panic more than this virus. If I catch this thing, I will self isolate and I am going to be a hermit for a while to avoid exposure. I am going to work with what I know to moderate my immune system, which usually is too strong. I have stocked up on the materials to make soup, chicken and cabbage were cheap lately, as were celery and carrots. I can make make many pots for my kids.

Oh crap, forgot one thing, we have brandy and ginger brandy, but we are low on Honey. I guess when we go pick up my son in law from the airport, he is coming from Alaska, through Seattle then Chicago, we will have to pick up some good honey, we only have a little bottle of it in stock, enough for maybe four hot totties. Wow, talk about being unprepared, too focused on the toilet paper crisis I get. I guess I will have to cover my son in law with an eighty gallon clear plastic garbage bag when we pick him up at the airport, my daughter is freaking out but I am more scared of hitting a deer on the road and damaging the car than getting this disease. Oh yeah, running out of toilet paper is a concern of ours, I am entitled, I deserve to have toilet paper to wipe my butt since I worked hard all my life.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Four weeks? Twenty eight days?

Yeah ok.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I don't see anything heartless in that. It's the truth.

They are driving an agenda off of this as if they don't care about it and how it may affect people at all! Where is the real information on it? They act like it will kill everyone, but it won't. They aren't doing anything to minimize panic which is what is needed.

At this point, the best way to minimize death from this is make people realize that most of us won't die from this. That only certain people are really at higher risks, like they are from seasonal flu, and that the real reason we take these measures is to slow the spread so that anyone who gets a really bad case has the medical they need *when they need it*.

If we don't, we risk becoming like Italy where people who may not need to die will die because they won't have the care they need because there are too many sick people all at once.

That's all we're doing, and yes, it does take what look like fairly major actions to slow that spread, but it isn't to keep us from dying; it's to keep us from getting sick. That's all.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

What would you expect from a political faction whose motto is "By Any Means Necessary"?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: XCrycek

Mid-April because this thing goes in 14-day cycles, and you need to social distancing to keep it checked for two to three of those cycles to try to break the transmission chain up.

Mid-April gives it about two or so of those cycles with widespread social distancing measures in place in this country.

It won't be completely gone by then, but it should be flattened out enough that we can ride the rest out.

If you have millions of carriers than nothing is stopping this. Btw, why is Wuhan still shut down after 50 days?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Yeah ok.

Yes.

But make sure and wear your panic pants.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Yeah ok.

Average incubation is 14 days ... faster in almost every case. You practice social distancing by keeping most people away from each other during one to two of those cycles.

This mimics the function that herd immunity normally serves. It won't totally stop it, but it will inhibit enough to flatten the infection curve and keep us from ever overwhelming health care in most places.

What we're aiming for is the second curve. Italy and Wuhan and Iran went the red curve route, and their death rates went very high. Social distancing (cancelling events, school, etc.) and quarantines help us stay in the gray curve.

link   

originally posted by: Rob808
Hey, don’t take over my thread with your political bias. Go to the mud pit. You’re the only one talking about trump here. projection much? a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Perhaps you missed who made the initial political claim as its on page one and garnered lots of stars, they even replied to you directly, I will remove myself from your thread now, I did not realise it was invite only, sorry for your hard times

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I said this in another thread. The cure is worse than the disease. Covid-19 is being used as a political tool to hurt Trump and if people are casualties of war so be it. At Any Cost!

But yeah I made it political....
edit on 14-3-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

link   

No media is saying young people die from this.
Unless they are also sick to begin with.
You know I watch the news all the time.

What you are claiming is not happening.

No one is spreading panic except the people who pass out lies and conflicting information all day long.

Listen to the doctors not trump he's not a doctor and knows nothing about this nor does he want to know.
He wants to win and whatever he needs to do or say to accomplish that he will do.
Including lying about this because the situation has gotten away from them.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Because they're China.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

originally posted by: DBCowboy

My condolences on the passing of your grandmother.

I sincerely believe that this will blow over (for the most part) by mid-April.

I hope things turn around for you.

Mid April? What do you base that on?
Is it because the ordinary flu disappears in spring/summer?
We are immune to older viruses so that's why they need good conditions to spread around, like dry air in winter months.
No one has immunity for CoVid so it can easily jump from host to host, also during the sommer months.
Italy is in early spring with warmer temperatures but the Covid is still spreading around

The hype and panic is ultimately self-defeating.

It just can't perpetuate for too long.

The virus will burn itself out, it'll become a non-event for 99% of the population.

Life will move onto the next outrage/panic/fear.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

He isn't cold or heartless, he is just stating the facts, the truth. I am older, I do not expect the rest of society to bow down to my age related issues, but do not want people forcing me to go out and be exposed to this disease either. We will not be going anywhere near a hospital or doctor office unless completely necessary, I would not even consider going to get a test for this virus unless I had symptoms that meet the criteria because there will be some there that have the disease...who wants to catch it because you put yourself into a position to increase the risk of getting it from your fear

I am a realist, if the wife or I do get real sick we will go to the doctors, if we are just showing symptoms of a cold or something we will not go in. Just because you cough, doesn't mean you have corona. In fact, beer makes me more mucousy, corona beer would make me more mucousy, so since the mucous protects us from the virus hurting us, maybe I should get a case of corona.
I prefer milk though, it has the same effect and whole milk contains lauric acid which also gives us protection against this virus, skim milk or one percent do not have nearly as much. Milk makes me real mucousy, so if I want sick people to stay away I will just drink a glass of milk before going out anywhere and people will be afraid of coming close to me when they see me cough up mucous.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

No media is saying young people die from this.
Unless they are also sick to begin with.
You know I watch the news all the time.

What you are claiming is not happening.

No one is spreading panic except the people who pass out lies and conflicting information all day long.

Listen to the doctors not trump he's not a doctor and knows nothing about this nor does he want to know.
He wants to win and whatever he needs to do or say to accomplish that he will do.
Including lying about this because the situation has gotten away from them.

What are you saying, yes there is a panic there, people bought all the toilet paper yesterday, all the store shelves are bare. People are afraid they may have to use paper towels that will clog the toilet if they can't get toilet paper. When we left the store yesterday, the only toilet paper on the shelf was two packages of four rolls that definitely clog the toilet. They young will learn not to buy that toilet paper in the future from this because they will have a mild case of this virus and have to plunge the toilet, that could be really bad. Their blood pressure may go up considerably while trying to unclog the toilet and cause a stroke.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Because they're China.

So no answer.
Gotcha.
Wuhan had 80.000 infected and it is still shut down after 50 days. The numbers of deaths/infected have gone drastically down though. But look at what they did to stop it. And here you are telling me that it will blow over in a month or so

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

We are immune to older viruses so that's why they need good conditions to spread around, like dry air in winter months.
No one has immunity for CoVid so it can easily jump from host to host, also during the sommer months.
Italy is in early spring with warmer temperatures but the Covid is still spreading around

The virus will burn itself out, it'll become a non-event for 99% of the population.

Burn itself down after how many millions of deaths?
Why didn't it burn itself down in China, Korea, Italy?,
It only "burned" down after they shut down the whole damn country. That's the only way to stop this.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
Hey, don’t take over my thread with your political bias. Go to the mud pit. You’re the only one talking about trump here. projection much? a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Covid-19 is being used as a political tool to hurt Trump

Not quite.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Burn itself down after how many millions of deaths?
Why didn't it burn itself down in China, Korea, Italy?,
It only "burned" down after they shut down the whole damn country. That's the only way to stop this.

the really neat part of all of this is, in a month, one of us will be proven right.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join