It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My husband is being shortsighted...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Today I had my Mother In Law take me to the grocery store for a few things we needed for the rest of the month.

My husband and I don't have a car so getting a ride for a stock up was essential.

Usually we walk but my back has been hurting something horrible if I walk more than a block (our grocer is five blocks away).

My husband didn't want me to go, citing the "retard zoo" of the current shopping situation.

I, on the other hand, thought it best to stock up considering our pantry was getting low.

I took one of those smaller sized carts into the store and filled it up with a few items that I know my notoriously picky husband will actually eat.

Most of the staples were sold out, but I made do with what was available.

Of course, no toilet paper, no tissues or wipes, no paper towels.

We have six rolls left in the house and that has to last for god knows how long.

My husband eats like there will be all the food in the world, where I think it's wiser to do a little preventative maintenance and eat sparingly.

We are both disabled, no car, limited funds and resources, and people are flooding into our neighborhood hoping to catch up on what Walmart lacks.

My husband doesn't believe me when I tell him the situation could get pretty rough for us in the near future and it's driving me up the wall.

I'm at my wits end and trying to just smile and pretend it isn't bothering me...the last thing we need is a fight.

That's my rant.

Any advice would be welcome.

edit on 3/14/20 by GENERAL EYES because: ETA

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Use bidet.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

Use bidet.

A long hosed hand held shower wand can substitute if close enough to the toilet.

Need one with a suitable setting for a proper stream.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Sound like a tough situation, hopefully grace will abound. I would imagine your situation is going on all over the world. Myself and my brother are all of my concern folks and sibling died years ago. He's 18 years younger than me so he has his own opinions of the situation. Thankfully we see eye to eye on a lot of things.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Some good info from Chris Martenson's channel. He's been diligently watching this since the beginning. And I think he explains it quite well in his recent video..

How To Inform Your Family and Friends without Creating Push Back

Maybe your husband will have a better view of this?

Clearly the issue is not just about getting the virus, which is what most focus on, but the fallout of the complete stupidity on how people react to this. Like hoarding TP... makes no sense.

On top of that, you have other Countries shutting down and our trade works Globally. Soo when a few Countries close, you may see a possibility of food shortage and other products down the road. Especially Medication.

You sometimes have to tell them to look beyond the issue.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:06 AM
link   

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Just know you tried your best to take his blinkers of and sleep easy in that knowledge, don't allow yourself to be run down and susceptible to stress as a result of his ignorance.

Your eyes are open and he is shortsighted at best.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Thanks for your responses.

I'd reply individually but my reply button seems to be malfunctioning.

I looked into the bidet option but it's outside of our price range.

We only have $40 for the rest of the month and we will need more groceries soon.

He's aware of the virus and spends a lot of time reading the news...I studied psychology and sociology so I'm reading the crowd response to the pandemic. He remains nonplussed by my concerns.

I just hope this madness runs it's course sooner than later.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   
β€œ retard zoo β€œ

I like him already don’t count on my support . Lol

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Order pizza and ask for extra napkins...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Maybe you could "hide" some food back, somewhere he wouldn't be likely to look. If it's discovered, then you just tell him it was for his/your family's own good. When my children were very young, I realized that if I hid the ice cream behind the frozen vegetables...it lasted much longer.

I have realized that the few bags of unwanted clothes that I haven't gotten around to donating yet could be of use or the pillow cases that no longer have a match or the scraps of quilting material that my sister brought from North Carolina...really a lot of options (albeit not a comfortable option for some) for the toilet paper shortage if it comes to that in the longer term.

In the end though, I think it's sad that you can't have a conversation about the best choices and course of action for your family unit without the fear of an argument. It would be folks like yourselves that I would be/am most concerned about in a situation like this. No transportation, not in good health, extremely tight budget etc etc.

Good luck and I hope he, eventually, can listen to your reason.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   

let us know where are you please. A member in the same area could offer a hand to you in case you need it. Like I said in other thread, I don't have too much but I'll be happy to share some items with one who really needs.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   

YOU'RE RIGHT.

Things could get tough.

If they do, you will be ok.

But try telling him, "you might be right. but it would make me feel a lot better if we could take a few minimal steps to protect ourselves. you are my husband and I need you right now. whether you agree technically shouldn't matter because I'm not asking much of you and it would make a world of difference for me, your wife."

Sometimes being a husband means humoring your wife just for her own well being, emotionally and mentally. And half the time she ends up being correct anyway.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

This could also be his own way of dealing with his own fear. Just a possibility.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   

So Covid-19 is not really a big deal and really only effects the elderly.

However, the response is crazy. So you are not actually preparing for Covid-19, you are preparing for the disproportional response people are having to it.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

So Covid-19 is not really a big deal and really only effects the elderly.

However, the response is crazy. So you are not actually preparing for Covid-19, you are preparing for the disproportional response people are having to it.

Which, in turn, feeds the cycle. Everyone needs to stay calm and rational but the more people freak out, the more those who stayed calm and rational miss out. Vicious cycle.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

A quick chop to the throat usually gets people's attention.

--------^you----------------------------------------^husband

edit on 14-3-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but he does have Corona

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Things are indeed looking bleak. I have seen pictures of the local Kroger, and Meijer empty and picked over. I am actually thinking of getting a pole ready and going out to see what I can catch. Lots of good fishing around here.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Listen to your husband. a reply to: GENERAL EYES

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

By all means, panic. πŸ™„

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
My advice, stash a couple of rolls of the toilet paper for yourself somewhere he won't look. When he figures out that he can't wipe his butt, he will go out and find out that there is a real issue going on. Some people have to learn the hard way, the Sheety way, that being prepared is essential. We bought some essential brand paper towels at the store yesterday, crappy paper towels, but an eight pack for four dollars, that is fifty cents a roll, is pretty good even though there is not much toweling on the roll.
edit on 14-3-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join