It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quarantine in US happening soon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 3sixand9
Maybe its info to get prepared with maybe food and essentials.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
They can't lock down the entire country for the same reason the military would have trouble defeating a determined uprising of armed citizens -- not enough force projection to do it. Too much country to cover.

Much of our military is stuck on lockdown overseas.

I could see this as a measure in a real hot spot like northern Italy as a means of containment, but no such flare ups exist in the US outside 1 nursing home.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Stopped by the grocery store last night, bread isle was empty and the toilet paper was all gone.

Are TP sammiches a thing now?

Told the wife we'll go out this evening on our coromageddon shopping spree. Should be interesting to see whats left.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Stopped by the grocery store last night, bread isle was empty and the toilet paper was all gone.

Are TP sammiches a thing now?

Told the wife we'll go out this evening on our coromageddon shopping spree. Should be interesting to see whats left.

I'm letting my neighbors do all the shopping for me.

I'll be by later to liberate their stashes.

Gun control isn't always a bad thing. Well, as long as you refuse to disarm.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

Man, have I got a surprise for you!

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: toolgal462

Is it a bad thing to hate my own niece?

Because she insulted a politician, yes. If a person is so wrapped up in politics they hate their own family members then then the Coronavirus isn’t the biggest problem we’re facing.

Get a life, she insulted ME and she is beyond ignorant of anything that is going on. Also, the part about "hating" her was kinda tongue in cheek I know that it's probably hard for some people like yourself to realize a joke when you read one.

Insult a politician all you want but ,

A. I aint no "boomer" and she knows that, she was being a nasty little snot and trying to insult me.

B. If she thinks Italy is handling things well and we should be doing things like Italy, she deserves a slap upside the head.

Is that what you think too? You think Italy is something the US should aspire to in reaction to the WuFlu?

edit on 13-3-2020 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
They can't lock down the entire country for the same reason the military would have trouble defeating a determined uprising of armed citizens -- not enough force projection to do it. Too much country to cover.

Much of our military is stuck on lockdown overseas.

I could see this as a measure in a real hot spot like northern Italy as a means of containment, but no such flare ups exist in the US outside 1 nursing home.

really?
they have already cancelled the ncaa basketball tournament with little or no backlash
a bit of social distancing , for your own good, is a bad thing now?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Man, have I got a surprise for you!

LOL!

You must not know my neighbors! Wouldn't even underhand throw rounds at me, if they'd even be able to get over their disgust at touching them in the first place...

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Italy has universal government run healthcare so of course it’ll be defended.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Cancellations are different than telling people who aren't suppled for it to stay in their homes starving.

They won't take that step unless an area looks like Italy, Iran or Wuhan. And I would bet that they will localize it so they can enforce it and hope to keep people under that quarantine supplied.

Is that clearer for you?
edit on 13-3-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ebb3ka94

No one is being made to stay in their homes.
Travel even in New Rochelle is still allowed.
Grocery stores are staying open round the globe.
stop. Just stop.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

LOL

I was jes' playin'. I don't have a gun and am completely out of toilet paper and donuts anyway so I'd make a bad target.

(did I mention, I'm a cartoon supervillain? Haha)
edit on 13-3-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Dont think it will go over well in my town. No one hear I have spoken with seems to care. No panic anywhere and all the stores are stocked well( checked walmart and 3 grocery stores last night).

Good luck with your fear mongering though!

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Italy has universal government run healthcare so of course it’ll be defended.

Italy allowed their medical system to be overrun and incapable of handling all the cases they have, and Trump's travel bans have allowed our medical system to NOT get overwhelmed and yet she said that the travel bans did nothing to help anyone.

Then she says, "ok boomer" to add her snide little condescending insult because she thinks she is so smart.

I very much dislike dumb persons who believe themselves to be intelligent. She is family so I have to love her, but I am very displeased right now.

eta: I did mention that they don't teach civics in school anymore for a reason. Because we also got into a discussion over the impeachment sham.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I'm an X'er but the one time my daughter said "Ok, Boomer" to me I just laughed and reminded her about the $100 she borrowed last week to cover "essentials" after a payday.

"ok, Zoomer."

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
in italy, which is on big shut down, restaurants are still open.
so are grocery stores.

no way they would stop sales transactions.

they could shut down movies, sports, etc.
but not food distribution.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

I'm an X'er but the one time my daughter said "Ok, Boomer" to me I just laughed and reminded her about the $100 she borrowed last week to cover "essentials" after a payday.

"ok, Zoomer."

I told her that I identify as a Millenial because facts don't matter and if biological sex is fluid than I can be a millenial if I choose to identify as one.

Although I don't care for Millenials in general.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Do we have a rough timeline on when this might happen? A week/two? I think I'm pretty well set, but it doesn't hurt to top off some things.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I'm in Responding, FEMA, DHS, and CERT. You cannot...cannot...quarantine an entire Metropolian City. Nor entirely a country...there are always people about..if only support services. Like me/us.

1st Responder
ADLS, EMT
Region 2 South, Wayne County, Mi

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Yes, my oldest nephew throws "ok, Boomer" around all the time. Parlance for old which makes it annoying to this Xer.
edit on 13-3-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join