It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Final Seal Has Been Broken! Waffle House Closes from Coronavirus

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
a reply to: putnam6b
Haha, true!

I learned the secret to cooking the best over-easy/over-medium eggs ever from watching the cooks at Waffle House! Use lots of real butter in the skillet, the eggs will turn over way easy.

Edit to add, I’ve never really had a bad breakfast at WH, when your hungry I guess everything tastes better.

lots of butter, medium heat.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'm not sure about the waffle house, but this is a perfect opportunity for Weird Al to make a comeback with 'Mah mah mah myyyy Corona!'

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

They use butter flavored hydrogenated vegetable oil - in the 90's under the brand name of Low Melt.

The secret is actually washing and seasoning the stainless steel pan by thoroughly drying and then allowing copious amounts of the oil to heat as the pan seasons.

The heat is provided by a 450 degree flame.

Beyond that it's practice to learn to roll the egg rather than trying to flip it.

I trained Waffle House managers for several years during the early and mid nineties.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:43 AM
link   
"And lo I saw a pale horse, and he who sat upon him had waffles - but the syrup caddies had run dry.

Death soon followed.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: 38181

They use butter flavored hydrogenated vegetable oil - in the 90's under the brand name of Low Melt.

The secret is actually washing and seasoning the stainless steel pan by thoroughly drying and then allowing copious amounts of the oil to heat as the pan seasons.

The heat is provided by a 450 degree flame.

Beyond that it's practice to learn to roll the egg rather than trying to flip it.

I trained Waffle House managers for several years during the early and mid nineties.

I still have nightmares about practicing flipping eggs using a slice of bread..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join