It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Of Georgia Covid-19 updates and developments

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Plenty of Corona at Kroger, though...

And the polite female voice recording over the intercom, "Please keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other shoppers for safety," like some dystopian broadcast.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

none of the world makes sense.
you can go to work with a bunch of people, but you can't go to visit family.
you can go to the store, but you can't go to the beach.
you can walk around your neighborhood but you can't walk a state nature trail.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

You should try Stevia. From what I can tell it is much better for you than Splenda.

I use honey most of the time myself.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Exactly. And masks were useless until they started thinking we should use them. And young people weren't dying, until they were.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: Hefficide
You should try Stevia. From what I can tell it is much better for you than Splenda.
I use honey most of the time myself.

Stevia has a certain twang to it. Works well with citrus, not so much with coffee. Don't know about tea, but worth a try. Doesn't affect your glycemic index.
edit on 1-4-2020 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: subfab

Exactly. And masks were useless until they started thinking we should use them. And young people weren't dying, until they were.

It is just the flu turned into we are going to have a horrific 2 weeks.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Anyone notice they started throwing ATL in the mix of places who have it bad? That was new to me. And not reflected on local news? I knew Albany and Rome and Fulton county had a bunch but I didn't know hospitals were getting overwhelmed as was reported nationally. Anyone have some perspective on that?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Yeah, I didn't know it was "bad" except for the counties you mentioned. This DPH.gov website has a breakdown by county on infections/deaths, but doesn't list hospitalizations by county, only statewide.

I saw a map somewhere of counties that do not even have hospitals, and I want to say I saw somewhere a chart of the number of ICU beds per county. I'm not sure about the latter, though.
edit on 2-4-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

And not reflected on local news?

Is this local news?
www.ajc.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
nvm

edit on 2-4-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Anyone notice they started throwing ATL in the mix of places who have it bad? That was new to me. And not reflected on local news? I knew Albany and Rome and Fulton county had a bunch but I didn't know hospitals were getting overwhelmed as was reported nationally. Anyone have some perspective on that?

Kind of scary. Looks like we have been seeing the clusters and it is going boom now.

Just have hope. Pray if you got them and pull together as much as you can with others. But be sure to stay 2 meters apart!

Hang in there. Just remember you can only do what you can do and be sure to do all you can.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It begins:

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I saw your shopping OP.

Traffic was really busy out there today. Everyone must of had the same idea. It was more traffic than I have seen for weeks.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Dollar General was doing the limit of people in store (6-8) at one time in Bowdon GA this morning and on that scale it seemed to work okay but those are relatively small stores compared to Walmart's.

I can foresee many problems at Walmart scale stores probably requiring LE intervention due that policy which will lead to more draconian measures down the road.

Went grocery shopping yesterday at a Publix and they seemed to have it right, which was, purchase limits on most staple type foods such as bread, eggs, meat, cheese, beans, soups, canned goods and frozen items. This stopped hoarders in their tracks and the store was orderly because of it - so was checkout.

Had an item could not get at Publix so went to another more discount chain without limits in place and hoarders were definitely present as well as chaotic checkout with people ignoring social distance rules. When I say hoarders I'm talking of folks who obviously have $500 - $1000 worth groceries in multiple carts at checkout. But that store was causing its own problems by having few purchase limits in place.

I did feel that someone doing this after past weeks was very self centered and non-caring of fellow citizens.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Publix has done an amazing job. Cannot say enough about all of their efforts and employees.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Atlanta’s latest coronavirus updates: Saturday, April 4

• There are now 5,967 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Georgia, which is up 520 cases from yesterday morning. 198 people have died. 1,222 have been hospitalized. 25,265 people have been tested. [GA Dept. of Public Health]

• Welcome to the first full day of statewide shelter in place. It . . . probably won’t be any different from yesterday, at least not in metro Atlanta, where most residents have already been under some sort of shelter in place. But if you have questions, we broke down the specifics of the statewide order here. First and foremost, just stay home.

• The CDC is now recommending that everyone wear cloth masks in public. The masks are less about protection for the wearer and more to help prevent transmission from asymptomatic people. Cloth masks are fairly easy to make and an easy no-sew version with a bandana and a couple of hair ties has been making the rounds on Twitter. (The CDC also has instructions for the bandana method on their website—you can also slip a coffee filter inside.) [CDC]

Georgia sheriffs deputized to shut down businesses that don't comply with COVID-19 orders

The April 1 emergency order requires many non-essential businesses like barber shops and live entertainment venues to shut down or to follow "Minimum Basic Operations," like sending in one person to cut checks, by 6 p.m. Friday, April 3. It also directs businesses to provide employees with personal protective equipment like masks and gloves, as well as materials to sanitize their work areas.

The governor's emergency order uses wording like "Providing personal protective equipment as available and appropriate to the function and location of the worker within the business location."

It's not clear how all businesses will be able to comply when gloves and sanitizing wipes are in short supply and hand sanitizer has been nearly impossible to find on retail shelves over the past couple of weeks.

Clarkston hosting free COVID-19 testing for residents with symptoms

The Ethne Health testing drives are being held from noon to 5 p.m. on Friday and Saturday.

To be eligible for testing, individuals must have symptoms consistent with COVID-19 and live in the following zip codes: 30021 (Clarkston), 30079 (Scottdale) and 30083 (Stone Mountain).

IDs will be checked to confirm addresses, according to a Facebook post by the city of Clarkston.

New report reveals Brian Kemp waited to act on COVID-19 dangers

It wasn’t until this week, a full month since Kemp was initially warned about the virus on March 2nd, that he finally took action and enacted a stay at home order. Georgia is now weeks behind in preparedness for the pandemic, and struggling to procure much-needed medical supplies as the state is forced to “play catch up in coronavirus testing.”

“Governors’ decisions have consequences. Georgians have watched governors across the country take action while Brian Kemp ignored warnings that his own administration received,” said Maggie Chambers, spokeswoman for the Democratic Party of Georgia. “This isn’t just incompetence — it’s willful misconduct that Georgia will have to pay for for years to come. Kemp’s refusal to act has already devastated communities across our state. For Georgians’ sake, we can only hope his belated order now isn’t too little, too late.”

The coronavirus is expected to be “particularly brutal” in Georgia, which now has had over 5,400 confirmed cases and 176 coronavirus deaths.

Atlanta doctor braces for COVID-19's worst days

In-house lab work is now turning around diagnostic test results in 24 hours. Local universities are making 3-D face shields to help reuse protective masks. The hospital has purchased 50 new ventilators. And Emory staff are figuring out flow plans for moving patients to free up the most space possible in anticipation of the coming surge.

Still, the thought of what the rest of this month could bring is daunting.

“It’s been a difficult time of preparation to think about how we haven’t hit the peak yet,” Kraft said.

But Kraft, who was part of the university hospital’s Ebola treatment team in 2014, said the statewide shelter-in-place order set to start Friday at 6 p.m. should lessen the stress for hospitals like Emory if it helps slow transmission rates of the virus.

edit on 4-4-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The numbers are increasing fast.

I was just out and about, a good bit of traffic on the streets.

I am on call this weekend and all kinds of people calling for non-essential, non-emergency service.

Georgia eclipses 6,000 COVID-19 cases, death toll up to 201

State health officials said Georgia has now had 6,160 reported cases of COVID-19 along with 201 deaths, according to figures released at noon Saturday. The deaths account for 3.26% of all cases seen in Georgia so far.

There have been 1,239 hospitalizations in Georgia because of the disease. That equates to 20.11% of all cases seen in the state.

The Department of Public Health has not released figures on the number of people who got the disease, but recovered.

The state's health lab has conducted 2,448 tests, with 437 of them turning up positive for COVID-19. Commercial labs have conducted another 23,846 with 5,723 of them being positive for the disease.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Lowndes county is up to 32, Lanier where I live is still at 1 and starting to lock things down more as our neighbor has more issues.

Base is mimicking the surrounding area for limits on how many in the commissary, certain days are now designated for essential people only.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Sounds like you got back onto base.

That seems like a good place to be during all this.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Yea we can get on but, if those numbers outside the gate continue to climb that may go away.

got some more regular face masks coming in, think ill be wearing those anytime I head to a store off base for the foreseeable future.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join