It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Of Georgia Covid-19 updates and developments

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

The Cobb resident with the disease is isolated at home, having “recently returned from Italy,” the state announced in a press release Saturday morning, along with confirmation that a third Fulton County resident also has coronavirus and is in the hospital.

“There have been a number of developments overnight regarding COVID-19 in Georgia,” the state press release said. “Governor Kemp and DPH Commissioner Kathleen E. Toomey want to remind all Georgians that the overall risk of COVID-19 to the general public remains low and there is no evidence of community spread of COVID-19 in Georgia at this time.”

The two new confirmed cases on Saturday brings the total number in Georgia to four.

Coronavirus confirmed in Cobb County

I live in Hall county and work in the city. I am a little over 30 minutes from Atlanta, when there is no traffic. Which is never.

I guess only four confirmed is pretty good. I can see the numbers here multiplying rapidly. The four spread it, I am sure before being put in the the hospital or self quarantined. And they may still be spreading it.

If I could, I would self isolate now. But what am I going to tell my boss? Let him know I will be back to work when the coast is clear? I may have been exposed anyways. I will keep on working unless the government shuts everything down.

Has anyone self isolated yet?

Mod Edit: Title changed per OP's request

edit on 3/9/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars
COVID-19 is just another bug, like the Flu. The odds are better than 99%, that those affected will fully recover.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That's great to hear!

And Wuhan still looks like this because?

edit on 7-3-2020 by LookingAtMars because: video

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

There's one case in my county. I convinced my 64 year old mother to not go out and wonder around the local market just because she was bored.
She said she just wanted to go look around. Not that she needed to buy anything.

We are good though. I have 6 months of food and supplies always stored up at home. We don't need to leave the house for at least that long.

I'm hoping and I think it's likely that trump is right. The infection rate will lower come spring. At least that's how the other corona viruses behave where I live. We have very hot springs and summers here. It's

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
COVID-19 is just another bug, like the Flu. The odds are better than 99%, that those affected will fully recover.

Not quite.

Yes it is just a bug.

Yes if it lives we can kill it.

But a weaponised bug behaves against natural patterns....this is a weaponised viral bug that uses an already insitu Plemorphic Bacteria as its host....it puts the Spurs to a sleeping dormant Pleomorphic Bacteria and forces it to morph uncontrollably.

Yes we can kill it but we need to immediately battle it on non-traditional MULTIPLE FRONTS.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I do hope you are correct

In the meanwhile, Ive stocked up on food, and assorted vitamins, and herbs. Ive taken to carrying a can of Lysol to work with me and sterilizing the finger print time clock at work, using a paper towel to shut off the taps in the sinks at work after washing, and using paper towels to open doors, and spraying down the forklift steering wheel and crane pendant. I just do what I can to limit exposure. I stay away from others in the grocery store, and wipe down the shopping cart handle with a paper towel soaked I alcohol I carry in my pocket in a baggie. We all need to do what we can, to limit exposure

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

I do hope you are correct

In the meanwhile, Ive stocked up on food, and assorted vitamins, and herbs. Ive taken to carrying a can of Lysol to work with me and sterilizing the finger print time clock at work, using a paper towel to shut off the taps in the sinks at work after washing, and using paper towels to open doors, and spraying down the forklift steering wheel and crane pendant. I just do what I can to limit exposure. I stay away from others in the grocery store, and wipe down the shopping cart handle with a paper towel soaked I alcohol I carry in my pocket in a baggie. We all need to do what we can, to limit exposure

Having really been "visited by them" ….I encourage you to consider my words.

Absolve yourself of fear by simply learning what it is that threatens you then formulating your plan to remediate it.

Prepare YOUR BODY....the bug will find you eventually....the point is that if your body is prepared and you DO NOT PROVIDE A PARASITIC SUPERHIGHWAY CONDUIT for this bug to travel upon THEN YOUR OWN aUTO-IMMUNE sYSTEM WILL NATURALLY STOP IT.

All of these precautions you take are good things to do...but at all costs do not overlook your own bodies ability to keep you safe.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

weaponised viral bug that uses an already insitu Plemorphic Bacteria as its host

First time I have heard that.

I did a quick search and didn't find that info, do you have a link?

That would be a bad thing. If it is true, it would seem that the virus is weaponized.

Although human blood is believed to be a sterile environment, recent studies suggest that pleomorphic bacteria exist in the blood of healthy humans.

Pleomorphic bacteria-like structures in human blood

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

. The infection rate will lower come spring. At least that's how the other corona viruses behave where I live. We have very hot springs and summers here. It's

Ive heard another reason its a higher rate in winter, is because we don't get enough sun, and that affects the vitamin D3 levels in out bodies. I just ordered a few months supply of veg base D3, with vegan based K2 to help activate it.

I have a giant olive tree out back, that I will be harvesting branches from today, to hang dry. Olive leaf tea is a very strong antibiotic. I also have turmeric tablets and turmeric tubers, Grapefruit seed extract, and colloidal silver

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

www.cidrap.umn.edu...

16 deaths from 250 cases means 6.4% did not get better.
edit on 7-3-2020 by Psilocyborg because: Numbers

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: carewemust

That's great to hear!

And Wuhan still looks like this because?

sarcasm on:
Because, well ...you know....
it's ...ah....just the flu. sarcasm off

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

. The infection rate will lower come spring. At least that's how the other corona viruses behave where I live. We have very hot springs and summers here. It's

Ive heard another reason its a higher rate in winter, is because we don't get enough sun, and that affects the vitamin D3 levels in out bodies. I just ordered a few months supply of veg base D3, with vegan based K2 to help activate it.

I have a giant olive tree out back, that I will be harvesting branches from today, to hang dry. Olive leaf tea is a very strong antibiotic. I also have turmeric tablets and turmeric tubers, Grapefruit seed extract, and colloidal silver

We're assuming alot about the seasonality of this virus, Dr. John Campbell goes into this a little bit around the 1:15 mark.

youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You're wasting your time with antibiotics. Covid-19 is a virus. Antibiotics don't work on viruses.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: PheonixReborn

You're wasting your time with antibiotics. Covid-19 is a virus. Antibiotics don't work on viruses.

It is true Antibiotics don't work on viruses. It is also true that when you get Pneumonia from a virus you may also get Bacterial Pneumonia with it. That is why Antibiotics are prescribed for a Viral Pneumonia.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Has anyone self isolated yet?

The way some folks 'round these parts(ATS) talk, I would think self isolation was a way of life.

Nope, negative. In fact I am in the general public more frequently since this manufactured hysteria began. Seems like the crowds are actually growing in this area. Amscot, Walmart, the mall, the movies, the parks, everything feels more crowded.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

It is true Antibiotics don't work on viruses. It is also true that when you get Pneumonia from a virus you may also get Bacterial Pneumonia with it. That is why Antibiotics are prescribed for a Viral Pneumonia.

Yes, but that will only stop you from having double pneumonia. You'll still have viral pneumonia.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

True. Just pointing out if you end up having to care for yourself or others you're not wasting your time with antibiotics in some cases.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I did some research on this type of virus as related to genetic lines of people and diet to try to figure out if Europeans would have more or less or the same resistance. It took about three hours, and it may not relate to this exact strain, but I did see some relative associations.

European genetics and much of the diet differences usually makes it so they will have more resistance to this virus, so milder cases than the Asians do. The Chinese diet has more to do with them being more susceptable than genetics though. Not all the Chinese eat the same, so it is not possible to completely associate this. We also do not have all that smog that is making things worse. This does not apply to those on certain meds for immune system blocking, so actually we may fair worse than them on that front. The FUT 2 gene polymorphisms do not necessarily give protection for this kind of virus.

I wouldn't be worrying about this virus, most of the susceptible people for dying already died from the flu related pneumonias and sepsis already this winter here in America.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Yeah? I heard Trump say that too....

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

They did a study on antibiotics use for people with viruses and did conclude that it did help a lot of people with secondary infections and sepsis to have an antibiotic, even before hand. The Medical field actually funded this to show that antibiotics can help and that our government should allow the doctor who is actually treating the patient decide if it will benefit instead of making stupid one shoe fits all policies. It worked, doctors now have more discression than they did six months ago, I noticed that there has been more doctors here actually prescribing antibiotics if they feel there are both bacterial or fungal and viral going on at the same time. They did not give the people antibiotics at all for about a year unless they had direct evidence and people were getting worse and worse. Thank god they got that fixed somewhat. Physicians should have more say so in that kind of stuff, general policies are not good, the bacteria was not mutating from that, it comes from the use of antimicrobials similar to antibiotics in animal feeds..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join