It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA about to quarentine CA, NYC, Likely others

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
While they might try, the problem is that the cat's already out of the bag.

Poor early testing (riddled with shortages and inaccurate test results), mixed with the fact that 70-80% will feel their illness was just an average cold/flu, and the fact that about 50% of Americans live paycheck-to-paycheck without the ability to take time off means that people have just been carrying on about their daily business spreading it.

Sure, we have some numbers from that 20-30% who needed a hospital visit and met the stringent criteria for early testing, as well as those who were contact-traced back from that initial small group, but that's just a fraction of the true infection numbers.

edit on 3/7/20 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
psh... I've been saying quarantine California for years, tis about time....
Separate them from the states etc... CA would make a great 3rd world country.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

California's economy itself is already larger than many 1st world countries'.
edit on 3/7/20 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Los Angeles is 503 mi². London is 1.12 mi².

lol... London is definitely not a single mile squared.

It's in the region of 600 miles squared, in fact, larger square mileage than L.A, according to Google.

Greater London encompasses a total area of 1,583 square kilometres (611 sq mi), an area which had a population of 7,172,036 in 2001 and a population density of 4,542 inhabitants per square kilometre (11,760/sq mi).

The city of Los Angeles covers a total area of 502.7 square miles (1,302 km2), comprising 468.7 square miles (1,214 km2) of land and 34.0 square miles (88 km2) of water. The city extends for 44 miles (71 km) north-south and for 29 miles (47 km) east-west.

Perhaps you were thinking of "City of London" which is essentially a district like Bronx or Burbank (but considerably smaller than either of those).
edit on 7-3-2020 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: markymint

true - and i suspect that you are attempting to educate a person who did not realise that the " city of london " is a seperate administrative entity

but the SHOULD have reasised that the captial of the UK - as bigger that 1mile square

but few things surprise me on ATS any more

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Can we make NY and CA permanent quarantine zones? We can even build walls.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Where in any of those screenshots does it mention quarantining cities or is this just normal CT logic jumps and confirmation bias?

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Can we make NY and CA permanent quarantine zones? We can even build walls.

I'll pass on that as I like traveling to both.
Been to hundreds of concerts in NYC and work for a company based out of Cali so it's pretty great traveling there.. When the zombie apocalypse isn't on going of course.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

USA about to quarentine CA, NYC

Yeah, good luck with that.

This title is something that would come from the Daily Mail...more fear mongering BS.

Yeah, ok... there is two possibles NOTHING ELSE

A) Quarantines & Lock-downs slowing the R0 buying the hospitals time to treat ICUs to keep down mortality rate

B) Possible CFR OF 4.8% across 80% of 320 MILLION

ICU admissions doubling every 2,.6 days currently in Italy

bury your head in the sand all you want, you'll know within a couple of weeks wont you

edit on 7-3-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Our government would force the Statue of Liberty to turn tricks for extra cash before it would do anything to threaten the stability of the market at that scale.

That is why they will close the market first.

It would not be the first time.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I had to laugh.

I had just received a text from my sister in Maryland telling me she was in Walmart in the express lane with five items and this guy walks up with a shopping cart overflowing with items. She said she softly told him that it was the express line and you could only use it if you had less than twenty items, and pointed to the sign.

She said she apologized and shut up when he told her he didn't care what the sign said he was checking out at this counter.

So yeah. Good luck with telling people they can't leave there homes and expecting them to play by the rules.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

You been to LA, Sac, and SF lately?

It's the walking dead there.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I had to laugh.

I had just received a text from my sister in Maryland telling me she was in Walmart in the express lane with five items and this guy walks up with a shopping cart overflowing with items. She said she softly told him that it was the express line and you could only use it if you had less than twenty items, and pointed to the sign.

She said she apologized and shut up when he told her he didn't care what the sign said he was checking out at this counter.

So yeah. Good luck with telling people they can't leave there homes and expecting them to play by the rules.

So expect many more deaths then lol

pretty simple really

this isn't rocket science its common sense, thankfully i believe many people will abide by the measures imposed or the army/police will just remove you anyway to a location where the r0 will run through you like the cruise ships
edit on 7-3-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

You been to LA, Sac, and SF lately?

It's the walking dead there.

100% agree with you there actually.
I work for a company based out of the middle of Orange County so its a bit removed from the despair of those other cities.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Its not impossible, its improbable. Look, first, they are not going to use civilians to enforce a quarantine. They will declare martial law, and use the National Guard, the military in support, and the police. I agree with the post above, these are for quarantining and managing individuals, not, zones of control.

If I were in charge, and I would be quarantining a zone, such as NYC. First, I would lock down Manhattan. Lock down the bridges and tunnels, and its essentially cut off. While I'm at it, I would lock down air travel. Keep the police on the streets, keep the national guard at key points, and use the Army as reserves to resupply, and provide support for both.

Once Manhattan is locked down, I would lock down each burrow, one at a time, expanding till the entire city was in lock down. While doing this, I would use National Guard and state police to shut down all roads and interstate. Use the police for the highways, the national guard for the less visible roads. The entire area could be locked down in under a week, however it would bring the markets to its knees, so doing so is a last resort.

I do ponder, I wonder if the speculation about the plastic coffins a couple years back and the security areas for mass arrest that we saw several years back could come into play.

Bear in mind, Martial Law would be bad in cities. in order to maintain order you would see a massive military presence and no protesting. I don't think the left would tolerate that. Especially since people would be dropping like flies, food supplies would be limited, and their would be curfews. I see many a community deciding to burn themselves to the ground. It wont go well.

When things go south, the worst place to be is in a major city. A city is dependent on the the surrounding area. What happens when NYC can't get their trash out? what happens when subways shut down, cutting off burrows. What happens when the streets are cleared, commerce is shut down? What happens why food supplies dwindle and people are forced to go out? congregate in lines for supplies? What happens when the hospitals are shut down? What happens when gang bangers, and criminals decide to violate rules? What happens when they get shot? What happens when the news is censored, and all we hear is the government is handling NYC delicately, and everything is fine. (Hint- if they say everything is fine, it probably isn't) What happens when Trump cancels elections due to an entire country being in Martial law? every major city shut down? It will only be quiet a short while, until the fuse reaches the end.

what happens when rioters raid hospitals, and the police and national guard fire on them? when skyscrapers burn? when the police and national guard form firing lines, not only to end the riots, but to keep protestors from infecting them. All it takes is one kent state incident. What happens when schools are closed, kids are trapped inside, and people can't work but have bills to pay?

We are a commerce society, geared toward services. Service based economics requires the free flow of people and goods. When that stops, the economy collapses.

I doubt any or all of this would happen, however, some of it could happen, and it doesn't take much for things to go south real quick.

It doesn't take much to drive us into a civil war, pestilence is as good as reason as any.

So from my perspective, REMAIN CALM. This pandemic isn't going to kill everyone, follow the rules, and do as your told. Get some extra groceries and vitamins, and be a part of the solution. Doing anything less breeds choas, and let me be the first to tell you Chaos is not a good thing.

My 2 cents,

Camain

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
LeBron James says if there are no fans in the arena he's not playing.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis
Mellow greetings terrified citizen of a foreign monarch. I will bet you right now this theory of quarantine of NYC and Los Angeles county are pure rubbish. I don't understand where you even generate the fear the field this kind of wild speculation, but it's got about as much merit as me claiming Sasquatch is my roommate, and now and then the tooth fairy stops by to turn tricks while the Easter Bunny pimps her out working for Cupid.

Sincerely,
-uncastrated free American.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Im a young male in San Diego and I could give less of #e, these people deserve to hurt themselves fighting over paper and water. False panic

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: TritonTaranis
Mellow greetings terrified citizen of a foreign monarch. I will bet you right now this theory of quarantine of NYC and Los Angeles county are pure rubbish. I don't understand where you even generate the fear the field this kind of wild speculation, but it's got about as much merit as me claiming Sasquatch is my roommate, and now and then the tooth fairy stops by to turn tricks while the Easter Bunny pimps her out working for Cupid.

Sincerely,
-uncastrated free American.

I don't understand where you even generate the fear the field this kind of wild speculation

FROM FACTS

Which ones would you like to dispute first ?

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Reno an Vegas are starting to have the same problems and for the same reasons. Leftist permissiveness.

edit on 3 7 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join