It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meghan Markle looking for superhero role in Hollywood, report says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Aren't we entitled.

Disney does own SUperhero films and Meghan is a princess by marriage now ... Maybe she just thinks she should be the next Disney Princess and that means more than being the real life British version did.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Arnie123
Aren't we entitled.

Disney does own SUperhero films and Meghan is a princess by marriage now ... Maybe she just thinks she should be the next Disney Princess and that means more than being the real life British version did.

Sounds about right to me. Now that she's done the voiceover thing Harry cajoled on her behalf, she's just letting Disney know she's available and interested.... again. I'm sure Harry would have loved to recommend her as most awesome princess ever if not for being so busy with his final royal duties...

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Look up in the air, its.... Captain Markle, no more stressing out about hiring security, she can handle it all herself...

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Tandy Bowen, Dagger of Cloak and Dagger.

Try it out as a side arc in a new Doctor Strange to see if it works. Beyond out of character for her but even Marvel found them to be throwaway characters used only to advance story arcs as a cameo. But if they was to do a Moonknight, save them to help track him down after he goes crazy.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
sersly tho who was she before she married prince ginger?

i never heard of her or seen her boobs online so wtf?

She was an actress, I think. But, there are some pretty strong rumors that she was a yacht girl. Basically, one of those women that was paid to lay around in tiny bikinis on the boats of the rich and famous as arm candy and have sex with them/their guests.

No idea if it's true or not. She immediately scrubbed all her social media as soon as she got together with Harry.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

That's the problem, huh? We can't get past it? It seems that she's the one who can't "get past" that she's Meghan Markle... and these days I just cringe for her. Granted, this is an unconfirmed and anonymous source, but it is believable because of what can be confirmed... which is all on her.

Of course she can't get passed it!! She's a *legend in her own mind*

Urban dictionary defination....
It is a person that exaggerates their self importance. These people like to boast or brag about their achievements, positions and accomplishments. Often seen as drama queens, blowhards and egomaniacs. These people like to inflate their credentials, but in reality they're not that important.

I would love to see her do something truly noble and praiseworthy. But I'm beginning to wonder if she would even recognize a truly noble deed...

Lol!!! They stood back to do more for charity instead of boring 'royal duties' I'm

still waiting.........

Apart from a couple of photo opportunities with women in refuge's ................

NOTHING........

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow

She was an actress, I think. But, there are some pretty strong rumors that she was a yacht girl. Basically, one of those women that was paid to lay around in tiny bikinis on the boats of the rich and famous as arm candy and have sex with them/their guests.

She IS an actress......

Her Oscar winning performances of being misunderstood and racially abused are

second to none.

No idea if it's true or not. She immediately scrubbed all her social media as soon as she got together with Harry.

Its true....... and she spent her maternity leave dreaming up her new social media

status as a *Royal* not expecting that *Royal* came with ties!!

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

They stood back to do more for charity instead of boring 'royal duties...

This ^^^ is what I don't get. For someone who wants to do good on a global level, she couldn't do any better than hooking up with the Royal Family. What an opportunity!!! Sure, she'd have to work within the parameters and protocol already established -- for very good reason -- but that would be true within any organization, and the possibilities are still endless.

I feel like on the one hand that Megs very much wants to "belong" somewhere... but at the same time, her narcissism prevents her from actually cooperating and coordinating and working with others. She wants to be the center of attention. She wants to be praised and adored for her selflessness and generosity and compassion. She wants to be the shining star who made it all possible. She wants all ways to be her ways.

I pity Megs. I don't think it's easy being her. One day her delusions of grandeur are going to come back to bite her in the arse, and I really don't think she'll know how to handle it.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I feel like on the one hand that Megs very much wants to "belong" somewhere...

'Somewhere' but not anywhere where she may have to play second fiddle (a step

behind Kate Middleton?) who has royal precedence ...........

She HAS to be the star, top dog. Being regal is not enough she wants to be

Royalty/Celebrity in a Queen Kardishan sort of way.

Thats never going to work, the royalty has already been stripped from her

ambitions.

But at the same time, her narcissism prevents her from actually cooperating and coordinating and working with others. She wants to be the center of attention. She wants to be praised and adored for her selflessness and generosity and compassion. She wants to be the shining star who made it all possible. She wants all ways to be her ways.

She has no compunctions in dropping anyone who ceases to be useful to her. I

watched the Thomas Markle interview in which that was very apparent, the sly

manipulations were breathtaking.

Her former agent/PA has also made allegations to that effect.

I thought it said a lot in the petulant statement 'they' (Harry & Megan) put out

when they were stripped of using the royalty word in their commercial endeavors

"While there is no jurisdiction by the monarchy on the use of the word 'royal'

the Duke and Duchess of Sussex no longer intend to use the word royal."

nuff said!!!

Note they are not giving up their tittles !!!! to become plain Harry and Megan.

edit on 3-3-2020 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2020 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

'Somewhere' but not anywhere where she may have to play second fiddle (a step behind Kate Middleton?) who has royal precedence ...........

Megs would have done well to learn from Kate. I've always told my kids that you gotta learn how to do something the right way and the best way before you can improve on it. Megs could have learned the ropes and then expanded and built upon that foundation.

It's gotta be killing Megs that Kate's popularity and esteem is growing in direct proportion to Megs and Harry's loss of popularity and esteem. I was reading about the bots they bought for their Instagram account so that they could surpass Will and Kate's followers -- something like 17,000 signed up in a couple minutes from one single IP address is Russia!

Having said that, I firmly believe that Will and Kate are going to change the world. They are still growing into their roles, but when their time comes, they will put to good use all they've learned and experienced.

I thought it said a lot in the petulant statement 'they' (Harry & Megan) put out when

they were stripped of using the royalty word in their commercial endeavors .......

"While there is no jurisdiction by the monarchy on the use of the word 'royal' the

Duke and Duchess of Sussex no longer intend to use the word royal." nuff said!!!

That was jaw dropping. I mean really???

It totally reminded me of Al Gore years back when he was caught breaking campaign finance laws by soliciting funds from the White House, and his pathetic (but true) response was that there is "no controlling legal authority." So, in other words, "Yeah, I broke the law but there ain't nuttin' you can do about it!"

Harry and Megs were basically telling the Queen, "Yeah, we know, but there ain't nuttin' you can do about it!"

I don't think Megs' ego will ever understand that her own lack of courtesy and respect for others is her biggest problem in gaining the courtesy and respect that she craves. Especially her lack of respect and esteem for the Queen.

Starting with that article she "guest edited" about all the amazing women in the world that did NOT include one of the most amazing women of our time, who just happens to be her grandmother-in-law!!! The Queen has walked the walk her entire life. Megs cannot even see that.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Starting with that article she "guest edited" about all the amazing women in the world that did NOT include one of the most amazing women of our time, who just happens to be her grandmother-in-law!!! The Queen has walked the walk her entire life. Megs cannot even see that.

It would do her no harm to learn the difference between popularity and respect.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

She sounds so bitter in all her statements. I love her comment about how the Queen can't stop them being royals and they will always be thought of as being royal.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
IDK, I don't have anything personally against her like it seems most of you do. So what if she wants to go for the big payday. Name someone who doesn't. You'd also be surprised by how many other actors have been turned down super hero roles.

It's not like any one of The Avengers was having these awesome roles were they?
Iron Man - Robert Downey Jr - was better known for his early age drug abuse and flops outside of Super Hero roles
Thor - Chris Hemsworth - name me one good movie he's played a key role outside of his super hero movies.

You get my point...Scarlett Johanson is probably the best one but even she has limited success in leading.

That being said, I've never seen her act but if the list up there proves anything is that a super hero role can cover up any discrepancies you may have as an actor.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

If this was an isolated incident I'd agree.

She wanted to NOT be a royal, but benefit off it.

Read her comments over the past several months since she began all these problems and talked her husband into giving up his royalty.

ETA: I used to be a fan of hers because I liked Suits.
edit on 3-3-2020 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

IDK, I don't have anything personally against her like it seems most of you do.

Hmmmm....

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that none of us know her personally and she has never done anything to us personally so therefore it's impossible for any of us to have anything "personally" against her. So I'm really not sure what you're trying to say.

For my part, I had the highest hopes and wishes for them in the beginning. Before she showed me and the whole world who she really is. Not personally... publicly. Very publicly.

But in any case, I'm not much of a TV or movie watcher, and I'm not impressed by people pretending to be fake people doing fake things and saying fake things... that's just not on my list of admirable qualities in a person. So she could win the Oscar and I still wouldn't be impressed. Big whoop.

On the other hand, I have much respect and admiration for anyone living a servant's life and using their resources to do good for others.... such as a working royal Duchess, making the most and the best of the vast resources and good will already established (throughout centuries!) to accomplish great things and make the world a better place for others. She sure talked a big game going in, but couldn't walk the walk. Then acted with utter contempt and disrespect for not just her in-laws -- the Royal Family -- but to the people of the UK and the Commonwealth.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

IDK, I don't have anything personally against her like it seems most of you do.

Hmmmm....

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that none of us know her personally and she has never done anything to us personally so therefore it's impossible for any of us to have anything "personally" against her. So I'm really not sure what you're trying to say.

For my part, I had the highest hopes and wishes for them in the beginning. Before she showed me and the whole world who she really is. Not personally... publicly. Very publicly.

But in any case, I'm not much of a TV or movie watcher, and I'm not impressed by people pretending to be fake people doing fake things and saying fake things... that's just not on my list of admirable qualities in a person. So she could win the Oscar and I still wouldn't be impressed. Big whoop.

On the other hand, I have much respect and admiration for anyone living a servant's life and using their resources to do good for others.... such as a working royal Duchess, making the most and the best of the vast resources and good will already established (throughout centuries!) to accomplish great things and make the world a better place for others. She sure talked a big game going in, but couldn't walk the walk. Then acted with utter contempt and disrespect for not just her in-laws -- the Royal Family -- but to the people of the UK and the Commonwealth.

By personally I mean...me. Like, from my experiences with her. I don't follow the Royal stuff so I have no idea what was said or done there lol.

<< 1   >>

join