It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what if china wanted this epidemic to hurt the USA economy?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I had an scary thought.

what if china didnt tell us about the virus / continue not to be forthcoming with all the facts or even (this is way out there but listed for possibility) created it to hurt the US economy.

Before you think this is really tin foil hat stuff let me explain

for the last couple of decades and multiple presidents (both D and R parties) china has been (for lack of a better words) screwing and stealing from us economically .

Starting with IMO bush and continue though obama.

they have stolen intellectual property left and right unchallenged to the point of them going to trade shows and before the show is even over some factory is gearing up to produce a copy of whatever new/advance item was shown.

under clinton they went from limited short range missiles to having ballistic NUCLEAR missiles capable of hitting into the USA
So good they openly threatened us if we tried anything.

Our trade deficit went over 5 BILLION DOLLARS plus and STAYED THERE.

Any attempt at negotiation on economic trade can best and blunty be described as giving us the finger and saying "whatcha gonna do about it"

While at the same time advancing their space capability , military tech , space research , and anti satellite tech that is at minimum able to credibly threaten us if not directly compete.

militarily they took over the spratly islands to create a big man made military base effectively unchallenged .

all this and more while becoming rich at america expense and more importantly unchallenged

now comes president trump.

one who (as a businessman) knows we are dependent on the goods they produce BUT they are MORE DEPENDENT on the cash that they take from us on a level of every billion we get they get from us 500 BILLION.

In simple terms they need us more than we need them .

He isnt afraid to take them on and hit them where it hurts if they dont want to negotiate a deal that also benefits the US.

they tried to bully him as they have done for decades expecting him to fold.

Suddenly it doesnt work and despite what the press would have you believe it is hurting them badly.

Suddenly they are FORCED to actually negotiate a deal that cuts their overwhelming profits off us to something that benefits the US.

It is a multi step plan for sure and I have no doubt they were trying to find a way to go back to the way it was.

The only way is to get rid of trump before the agreements become permanent and /or if they break them they wont face any consequences .

Every democrat attempt with the latest is impeachment has FAILED.

They see a reasonably good chance that trump will win a second term and if that happens their duck us cooked.

So whats left that could hurt trumps chances (at least making the press say so) ?

An economic downturn of some type .

what faster way than a "pandemic" that also effects goods and services coming from china?
Along with disrupting internal operations of the US (and allies who would pick up china slack like SK).

Even if they didnt engineer the virus just keeping it quiet until alot of people return to other countries or visit other countries.
then be untruthful as to what is happening in china, the particulars of the disease, how it started, ect.

plausible deniability all around and/or weather the criticism of how they handled / handling it and info.

as many say "only an economic downturn may hurt trump"?

doesnt matter it isnt something he did or was his fault in any way or that he cant control if another country LIES about a disease within their boarders?

again this doesnt take into account the possibility (what level I dare not even think about) it could be deliberate made and released.

that is something that would be too horrific if true.

what do you all think?

scrounger

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

its going to hurt them more them then the usa by most articles ive read but did seem to end those pesky HK protests

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger
I had an scary thought.

what if china didnt tell us about the virus / continue not to be forthcoming with all the facts or even (this is way out there but listed for possibility) created it to hurt the US economy.

Before you think this is really tin foil hat stuff let me explain

for the last couple of decades and multiple presidents (both D and R parties) china has been (for lack of a better words) screwing and stealing from us economically .

Starting with IMO bush and continue though obama.

they have stolen intellectual property left and right unchallenged to the point of them going to trade shows and before the show is even over some factory is gearing up to produce a copy of whatever new/advance item was shown.

under clinton they went from limited short range missiles to having ballistic NUCLEAR missiles capable of hitting into the USA
So good they openly threatened us if we tried anything.

Our trade deficit went over 5 BILLION DOLLARS plus and STAYED THERE.

Any attempt at negotiation on economic trade can best and blunty be described as giving us the finger and saying "whatcha gonna do about it"

While at the same time advancing their space capability , military tech , space research , and anti satellite tech that is at minimum able to credibly threaten us if not directly compete.

militarily they took over the spratly islands to create a big man made military base effectively unchallenged .

all this and more while becoming rich at america expense and more importantly unchallenged

now comes president trump.

one who (as a businessman) knows we are dependent on the goods they produce BUT they are MORE DEPENDENT on the cash that they take from us on a level of every billion we get they get from us 500 BILLION.

In simple terms they need us more than we need them .

He isnt afraid to take them on and hit them where it hurts if they dont want to negotiate a deal that also benefits the US.

they tried to bully him as they have done for decades expecting him to fold.

Suddenly it doesnt work and despite what the press would have you believe it is hurting them badly.

Suddenly they are FORCED to actually negotiate a deal that cuts their overwhelming profits off us to something that benefits the US.

It is a multi step plan for sure and I have no doubt they were trying to find a way to go back to the way it was.

The only way is to get rid of trump before the agreements become permanent and /or if they break them they wont face any consequences .

Every democrat attempt with the latest is impeachment has FAILED.

They see a reasonably good chance that trump will win a second term and if that happens their duck us cooked.

So whats left that could hurt trumps chances (at least making the press say so) ?

An economic downturn of some type .

what faster way than a "pandemic" that also effects goods and services coming from china?
Along with disrupting internal operations of the US (and allies who would pick up china slack like SK).

Even if they didnt engineer the virus just keeping it quiet until alot of people return to other countries or visit other countries.
then be untruthful as to what is happening in china, the particulars of the disease, how it started, ect.

plausible deniability all around and/or weather the criticism of how they handled / handling it and info.

as many say "only an economic downturn may hurt trump"?

doesnt matter it isnt something he did or was his fault in any way or that he cant control if another country LIES about a disease within their boarders?

again this doesnt take into account the possibility (what level I dare not even think about) it could be deliberate made and released.

that is something that would be too horrific if true.

what do you all think?

scrounger

I doubt it, given that they've biologically nuked *themselves*. But I really like the theorizing.

edit on 25-2-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 02:51 AM
link   
then the plan vehemently backfired on them

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
a reply to: scrounger

its going to hurt them more them then the usa by most articles ive read but did seem to end those pesky HK protests

the HK protesters either it hurts them though illness or due to it no one is paying attention to the protestors.
So china has free reign to do whatever they want without over side or question.
one day the press goes back to HK and nothing going on, the leaders of protest "disappeared" and all back to normal.

that is scary but practical thought.

As to if it hurts them more ONLY IF they dont get rid of Trump.

If Trump is gone the democrats will let it go back to status quo and/or even give some back as "apology" but call it "helping XX group hurt by trump".

If Trump stays then I agree it will hurt them more.

but given the 500 to one plus benefit they got in trade deficit , the IP they could blatantly steal , and the press showing they are anti trump beyond all truth ...

I can see them taking the risk

scrounger

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   
[q

I doubt it, given that they've biologically nuked *themselves*. But I really like the theorizing.

thank you

but it isnt as far fetched as it seems

remember they think about the ends and the means is secondary.

along with they deliberately created a huge population with the intent (wish I could remember the exact source, been a few years) of having more people to absorb any attack (even nuclear) and still enough to conquer.

remember they could loose MILLIONS of citizens and still be ahead of the US (as sick as that sounds)

scrounger

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   
China has 750 million people under travel restrictions. Their economy is basically at a stand still. 80% of small businesses will fail within 3 months in China.

This corona virus will decimate entire economies of countries and it is happening now in China. China is trying to stop this virus from spreading and that's exceptional for them to do so. They are doing so at the cost of their economy.

This virus is stopping travel of people everywhere in the world.

100,000 people from China can't come over to Australia for their placements in Australian Universities. Boohooo too bad. I'm glad. No country want's this virus coming in as it will decimate thier economy like it is currently doing to China.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   
China has 750 million people under travel restrictions. Their economy is basically at a stand still. 80% of small businesses will fail within 3 months in China.

This corona virus will decimate entire economies of countries and it is happening now in China. China is trying to stop this virus from spreading and that's exceptional for them to do so. They are doing so at the cost of their economy.

This virus is stopping travel of people everywhere in the world.

100,000 people from China can't come over to Australia for their placements in Australian Universities. Boohooo too bad. I'm glad. No country want's this virus coming in as it will decimate thier economy like it is currently doing to China.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

A few conspiracy theories revolve around the idea that the usa manufactured the virus.

Can't rule out the possibility yet.

maybe China didn't 'nuke' itself.

World war III might be a biological war.

Russia seems to think so.

Operation Infektion may just be propaganda. lot's of that going around.
edit on 25-2-2020 by sunkuong because: Not much to add.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

Um, 3000 have been let in in just 2 days, that was days ago so I imagine the numbers are much higher now....

You were saying....

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

A few conspiracy theories revolve around the idea that the usa manufactured the virus.

I havent seen any like this, but given the internet anyone can post its possible someone claimed it.

Can't rule out the possibility yet.

While slim chance it could be possible I would have to say that realistically we could. Look we just negociated a multi step trade deal that the first step (the chineese promised) mostly benifits the USA. The only chineese benifit seems to be removal and not implimenting new tariffs. Why after all these years of getting royally screwed would the US screw that up. thats not realistic or practical

maybe China didn't 'nuke' itself.

that would only be the case if A. a bilogical weapon was actually accidentally released or B. if it really was a natural unpredicted virus that just popped up

World war III might be a biological war.

maybe.. but again in realism any nation that used this as a "first strike" is a fool. If found out the nation that started it would find even its allies would want it blown off the face of the earth. With the major powers (even if enemies ) would join up to accomplish that.. with possiblity of nukes to kill the pathogen.

along with the very basic common knowlege that biological weapons are the most uncontrollable weapons there is.. first no scientist is perfect and to claim you know what it will and will not do is laughable. Second any biologcial pathogen can do things (like mutate) in ways we cannot predict. Lastly biological weapons have a very nasty way of not staying where you put them. especially given the international travel of today.

Russia seems to think so.

No sure exactly where your going with this. US and Russia (no matter what they claim publically) are involved with biological weapons, No matter if you call them offensive or US claiming study is just for "defense" . So yes russia and america would be thinking of biolgical weapons for WWIII... but in reality (again) the actual use is only a madman level.. not policy in both countries

Operation Infektion may just be propaganda. lot's of that going around.

I dont think realistically the US would want to engage in a plan like this.

as a businessman would say, no percentage / benefit in it.

scrounger

edit on 25-2-2020 by scrounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 04:50 AM
link   
It's a bit predictable really...

While the ENTIRE world is bracing for what just might be a global pandemic, someone says "What if they did it just to hurt America?"

le sigh...

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Frankly, five billion is pocket change to us in this day of trillion dollar deficits. Possibility they messed up but I wouldn't lean that way too much. Now we are buddies with India, which is far better than being tethered to China. They are saying now, all the cases of Coronavirus in Vietnam have been cured ? Makes one wonder how effective biological warfare might fare before neutralized.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Frankly, five billion is pocket change to us in this day of trillion dollar deficits. Possibility they messed up but I wouldn't lean that way too much. Now we are buddies with India, which is far better than being tethered to China. They are saying now, all the cases of Coronavirus in Vietnam have been cured ? Makes one wonder how effective biological warfare might fare before neutralized.

actually your missing two zeros

its 500 BILLION plus.

along with that isnt pocket change to the economy of US and china.

but your right wonder how it will all play out

scrounger

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnarley
It's a bit predictable really...

While the ENTIRE world is bracing for what just might be a global pandemic, someone says "What if they did it just to hurt America?"

le sigh...

so outside of a canned "this must be silly" comment (on a conspiracy website no less) how exactly is the idea of attempting to use it to benefit ones country (china) outrageous exactly?