It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article claims Trump Has Sabotaged America’s Coronavirus Response

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

At least people on flights are vetted and coming in legally. Supposedly being tested at the airports for symptoms, etc...

Stop trying to justify the hypocrisy, you can't do it.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

His travel bans had nothing to do with disease. His wall after 4 years is non-existent, and would not have protected against this (or any pandemic) whatsoever. Pandemics will start (as is happening now), via multiple points of entry.

How do you know disease prevention wasn't one of his reasons for wanting the wall? I remember several times Trump mentioned the diseases coming in unabated as one of the reasons for the wall. Sometimes things can serve more than a single purpose, you know. If I buy a car to take me to work, do I have to buy another car to get supplies from town? Why can't I just use the same car to do two different things?

The wall is being built. No structure in existence has ever sprang up overnight. Why do you think the wall should be any different?

If, as you (correctly) state, the potential entry point is multi-fold, why is it you want to ignore one of those points of possible entry? It makes sense that having some control over all potential entry points would be preferable, but your post seems to indicate that you want zero control over one of them. That makes no sense.

Obama at least actually increased the CDC budget, to deal with things like this. Trump removed that - not due to budget worries, but because the Obama administration is the one that put it into place. That is the reality.

The CDC is funded by Congress, not the President. The President proposes budgets; the Congress actually appropriates funds.

There's you some reality.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

At least people on flights are vetted and coming in legally. Supposedly being tested at the airports for symptoms, etc...

"Supposedly" is the operative term here.

Anyone from Hong Kong with $391 can fly in to LAX.

Call me a hypocrite if you want, [snipped]
edit on 25-2-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Feb 25 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: Community Announcement re: Decorum

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I think all those flights should be banned. I also believe that illegal immigration is dangerous to the populace.

Do you agree?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

So strong borders won't stop this but a few people he fired would have locked the borders down? How has the response been inadequate so far?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

My wife is Asian, I personally know lots of people who have been denied tourist visas.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

I think all those flights should be banned. I also believe that illegal immigration is dangerous to the populace.

Do you agree?

It doesn't matter what you or a want. Capitalism and the profit motive is the operating system here.

A few thousand dead from the flue won't stop that. Even the corporate market place has collateral damage from time to time. This may be one of those times.

(post by toolgal462 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

My wife is Asian, I personally know lots of people who have been denied tourist visas.

You're married? Doesn't change the fact that almost anyone that wants to can be a tourist in America if they have the $$$.

Been to LAX lately....what do you see?

Even Mexicans....
edit on 25-2-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

You're treading dangerously close to racism there. There are approximately 300,000 Muslims in Hong Kong, you know. Anything that interferes with their free movement between countries is racist. We found that out from Trump's travel ban, remember?

Oh, I guess that would go for the 0.45% to 2.85% Muslim population in China, too...

[/sarcasm]

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I honestly don't think these people with TDS can even see their own hypocrisy.

They only know what they are told by their thought leaders and complicit media, even if what they are told doesn't make any sense they will repeat it.

Or, they change the subject. It's kinda funny, in a sad way.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I guess it was only a matter of time before the Coronavirus was Trump's fault.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

You're married? Doesn't change the fact that almost anyone that wants to can be a tourist in America if they have the $$$.

Been to LAX lately....what do you see?

Even Mexicans....

It costs like $150 and takes up to a few months, and if they have any suspicion you are intending on using the visa to stay in America you will likely be denied, even if you have money. My wife's father is very well off, big time manager, government contracts, top level position in global fraternal organization, he was denied once.

I don't want to give the impression I am saying it's super hard to get one, but your impression it's a given is also quite wrong.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Health care professionals nationwide have the ability to communicate virtually instantaneously with each other. You know...that whole internet thing???

What is the CDC for, if not this?? As far as that goes, USAMRID, as well.

...and, to the best of my recall, this was allowed to die in the Senate, was it not? Therefore, the criminality of Trump is, shall we say, overblown??

Good grief, the infrastructure is in place to help deal with any sort of pandemic...which the Wuflu, isn't at this time.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Vetted by who??

I've been on international flights, and seen them empty the planes at international airports...

No. They really don't vet anyone. Oh, your dog/cat/pet will be quarantined for some time, but you will not be.

Go through passport control, or whatever they call it now, and pick up your bags, and off you go.

So if the possibility of a pandemic is a scary thing for anyone, I'd suggest getting out of any metro area that has an airport that handles international flights.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

OH MY Lord thank you for this post,

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Attention Please:

This is not the Political Mudpit and political trolling can and will lead to post removals or worse.

If you can't discuss this topic without the mud throwing, please move on before you find yourself Posting Banned.

Do not reply to this message.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Nobody said the virus itself was his fault.

The absolute fact, documented fact, is that his administration gutted the pandemic response infrastructure.

That's what this is about!

Even the present bi-partisan complaint that the administrations 2 or so billion is not enough isn't the issue.

www.politico.com...

The Trump administration on Tuesday faced a new threat in the mounting coronavirus crisis: a big bipartisan backlash.

Administration officials tried to swat away concerns their emergency request for $2.5 billion to address the outbreak was not enough even as some Republicans joined Democrats in criticizing the amount — and a lack of transparency around efforts to contain the disease on U.S. soil.

The amount of money can be easily adjusted but the massive infrastructure now gone is an atrocity.
edit on 25-2-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I think the best hope now is through the many very able, though greedy, pharmaceutical companies who soon will come up with a vaccine or some have antiviral medicines sending to China.

Coronavirus treatment: Vaccines/drugs in the pipeline for Covid-19

The mysterious coronavirus outbreak in the Chinese city Wuhan now termed as Covid-19, and its fast spread to many other countries, endangers thousands of lives. The pandemic has catalysed the development of novel coronavirus vaccines across the biotech industry, both by pharmaceutical companies and research organisations such as the National Institutes of Health (NIH), US.

The first Covid-19 vaccine in China is expected to be ready for clinical trials by the end of April, according to Xu Nanping, China’s vice-minister of science and technology. Health officials from WHO have noted that Gilead’s remdesivir has demonstrated efficacy in treating the coronavirus infection.
link

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Who said that or is that just your attempt at ole # 20

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join