It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worried Yet? Part Deux - The Conspiracy Deepens

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Yet another Wu-Flu post!

Like many of you, I've been trying to follow this spread of the virus that's taking so many lives to see just what I 'may' be facing in the future. A few questions came to mind over the last few days but I've been too lazy to dig (guess I'm not all THAT worried). This morning, happenstance answered those questions but only seemed to raise more in the process.

How many REAL known deaths are related to this flu?

Where are these deaths?

Are they all in China?

Why aren't we hearing about deaths anywhere else?

All good solid questions... The strange part are the answers. The latest numbers reported show an odd reality. So say, the survival rate is about 75% which sounds great when you look at it in this manner but when you say 1 in 4 will die... not so great! The number affected differ between sources and we all know that China isn't really coming forth with the real truth of it all. For now, I'll use one sources numbers:

- Total Confirmed Affected = 43,141
- Total Confirmed Recovered = 4,340
- Total Confirmed Dead = 1,018

So far, based on the numbers here - Should the virus stop affecting any more people, we might expect 10,000+ people are going to die from this virus. Thing is, it will not stop there. Millions that were at ground zero are anywhere but under quarantine. This means that over the next 2 weeks, we'll find out which places really are affected. Unfortunately, when we know that total, we will have to wait another 2 weeks before we know the effect those people had on the rest of the world and even more affected.

It's going to be VERY hard to escape this virus simply because it takes up to 14 days for symptoms to show. By then, that person could have spread the virus even more so by simply going to a coffee shop, attending a concert, going to the mall, school, parties, rally, church or any other group scenario.

Does this fact scare anyone?

But wait... Not so fast. Enter the weirdness of all of this.

Sure the virus is a big deal but I noticed that almost all of the deaths are in China. Almost all of the affected are in China. Why is this? Is it perhaps that China's healthcare system really sucks? Afterall, the doctor who discovered this fancy bug also succumbed to the virus and died. What does that mean? We know it affects seniors and middle aged people the most, according to resources. Children apparently have a pretty good defence against this virus are aren't affected like everyone else. Usually the symptoms are very mild if at all in children. The conspiracy here could be to wipe out all of the elderly and the weakest of the middle age but why only is it affecting China this way? Genetic Bio Weapon maybe?

There are a few people in the quarantine areas that are respected reporters and whistle blowers that are describing very dire occurrences. People dead in the streets, body bags in abundance awaiting cremation and more. Most of these good samaritans are either now quarantined or imprisoned for 'letting the cat out of the bag', so to speak.

Let's look at the numbers, shall we?

- Total Confirmed Affected Outside of Mainland China = 135
- Total Confirmed Recovered Outside of Mainland China = 40
- Total Confirmed Dead Outside of Mainland China = 2

So far, there are only TWO deaths (and that's if you count Honk Kong separate from China) outside of Mainland China. However, there are more than 135 people that were affected and out of those 135, only 2 have died from it.

In the US alone, we have 13 cases, 3 recovered and no deaths. Reports are all saying that our own infected are doing just fine.

So as I mentioned, either healthcare is totally trash in China, the people are already very unhealthy (this is pretty much a given - but what about the doctor?), this virus is racist, or some other unknown factor is at play here. Based on what we see in China, the results outside of China should be the same. We should see no less than 10 deaths already taken place by now of the infected.

Another question is... How does China have 43 THOUSAND people infected but outside the country there are only 135 people infected? With over a million people 'missing' from quarantine, you would figure the numbers are a lot higher all over the world. I don't expect the quarantine to be THAT effective, especially with so many missing.

Finally, the virus had a chance to infect this many people in mainland China since December (earlier than we were told originally) so that means it had an even greater chance of infecting far more people outside of Mainland China.

I don't know about you guys and gals but I'm scratching my head on this one. So what's REALLY going on here?

See links below for live map updates for the Wuhan Coronavirus.

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE - Most Informative

Healthmap.org

Coronavirus.app - OpenStreetMap

Google Play App

Chinese Flight and Train Checker

Washington.edu Infection Map

Thanks all and stay safe!

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Great thread StallionDuck - quick correction, there are about 400 people infected outside of china, not the 135 figure in your OP:

bnonews.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
One explanation could be a longer incubation period than the 3-14 days that was originally postulated.
I am not saying that is the case, but if we see an increase of cases outside of China soon, there's the answer.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

- Total Confirmed Affected = 43,141
- Total Confirmed Recovered = 4,340
- Total Confirmed Dead = 1,018

edit on 11-2-2020 by TruthJava because: typo

Like you, I see where 43,141 (confirmed affected) - 4,340 (confirmed recovered) - 1,018 (confirmed dead) = 37,783 (status????)
edit on 11-2-2020 by TruthJava because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2020 by TruthJava because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Why aren't we hearing about deaths anywhere else?

Because they aren't dying??
Not trying to be sassy, but that is probably the answer.

As much as we do business with China, we have to remember many parts of China are still like 3rd world countries.
Just look up how many people die from diarrhea in 3rd world countries. I'll tell you, 2.2 million people! Yes that's
the entire population of New Mexico! from diarrhea. Now replace that with corona-virus.

Now take a cold - which is bascially what the WUFLU is, it isn't flu, it's a cold. A Cold... (yes a cold that leads to pneumonia)
Most developed nations should be able to hand it without too many deaths (aside from old & already immuno-compromised). Where it will get scary is when this explodes in India and Africa.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Great thread StallionDuck - quick correction, there are about 400 people infected outside of china, not the 135 figure in your OP:

bnonews.com...

Thanks for the update! That's exactly what I mean by getting the true numbers

I was going off of the current numbers from the John Hopkins site.

That strengthens my point. If more than 400 are infected, we still only have 2 reported deaths outside of China. The numbers just don't seem to add up.

a reply to: butcherguy

One explanation could be a longer incubation period than the 3-14 days that was originally postulated.
I am not saying that is the case, but if we see an increase of cases outside of China soon, there's the answer.

Very possible. Though, since December, it seems those numbers would be telling already. Perhaps more factors come into play like not as crowded as it would be in China. Not sure.

a reply to: TruthJava

Like you, I see where 43,141 (confirmed affected) - 4,340 (confirmed recovered) - 1,018 (confirmed dead) = 37,783 (status????)

Those must be the wait and see. They're not quite out of the woods - too early to tell.

a reply to: JAGStorm

Because they aren't dying??
Not trying to be sassy, but that is probably the answer.

Perhaps but right now, I would imagine with all the help they're supposedly getting, the medical side of it would be a major step up from it's previous 3rd world medicine. However, I think, based on what I'm reading, these people are just getting locked in their homes without any help at all.

"Get in there and DIE or DIE". That's about China's speed.
edit on 11-2-2020 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Living in a family with medical professionals gives me a different outlook on all this. They are very irritated with the fear mongering to say the least....

Just a couple of details for everyone to remember...

- 10s of THOUSANDS of people are killed by flu each year. (these WUHAN numbers are rookie numbers)

- China has crappy healthcare. (rhino horn and tiger balls don't cure illness... WHAAAA??!?!!?)

- Coronavirus has existed for decades. Wuhan is just a strain. (just like all the other APOCALYPTIC strains that come around every year)

The risk of contracting mass hysteria is much higher than coronavirus

edit on 11-2-2020 by MarkOfTheV because: sp

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I've been following this pretty closely.

So far, what I've gathered from the MSM/WHO is the following.

-Why are you even searching this retard? You should worry about the flu, now go get your shot.
-China is doing a great job. Forget the past you bigoted racist, China wouldn't lie to us, and we can trust their response.
-Countries who close borders and trade right now are nationalist racists.
-tHe cOmMon CoLd iS a CorOna vIrUs.

Now, personally, I'm not freaking out. I have a solid immune system and could weather a sickness. But that doesn't mean I want to be chastised for looking into different perspectives than a world health organization shilling for one of the most corrupt governments on earth.

But my concern is the economic fallout from this. China has put whole sectors on hold, and the most of the world has decided to exploit their near slave labor and regulation free wild west for profit margins. I hope transnationals and western governments take a good long hard look at their house of cards they rest the weight of their economies on.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Hindsight - and I seriously don't want to make this political - but perhaps it was a far better thing to have had this trade war when we did. It 'kind of' prepared us for what we're seeing now.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

I'm not going to argue with your premise the the common influenza is also a killer- but as I posted myself, this is more about overwhelming the current healthcare systems. Most people with the flu rarely exhibit pneumonia like symptoms, and our healthcare system has the beds to care for all of the sick, even in last years record spike of cases. But the nature of this virus (incubation, transmission, etc et al) means that there is a far greater chance of overwhelming the systems in even 1st world countries, plus creating the unintended side effect of exacerbating existing health care needs (who gets to treat a heart attack if the local health care system is inundated with Wu Flu?).

I'm in DEM, not medical fields, so I can only speak to emergency response.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
That`s just part of the problem...worrying too much, as it can make you more susceptible to flu or harder to fight against it.

Why Stress Makes It Harder to Kick the Common Cold

link   
a reply to: ThouArtGod

Most people with the flu rarely exhibit pneumonia like symptoms

You must not know how many people die from the flu each year.

Cornoavirus is not a flu, it's a cold, a respiratory illness.

link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV

Living in a family with medical professionals gives me a different outlook on all this. They are very irritated with the fear mongering to say the least....

Just a couple of details for everyone to remember...

- 10s of THOUSANDS of people are killed by flu each year. (these WUHAN numbers are rookie numbers)

- China has crappy healthcare. (rhino horn and tiger balls don't cure illness... WHAAAA??!?!!?)

- Coronavirus has existed for decades. Wuhan is just a strain. (just like all the other APOCALYPTIC strains that come around every year)

The risk of contracting mass hysteria is much higher than coronavirus

Hear Hear... We won't ever get the true numbers from China, but until the figures rapidly rise in the countries around them I'll be aware but not anxious or panicking.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ThouArtGod

and our healthcare system has the beds to care for all of the sick, even in last years record spike of cases

That's just blatantly wrong.

(who gets to treat a heart attack if the local health care system is inundated with Wu Flu?).

That's not how healthcare in America works.

You are very misinformed.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
No, still not scared.

The fear mongering has failed again.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

Hindsight - and I seriously don't want to make this political - but perhaps it was a far better thing to have had this trade war when we did. It 'kind of' prepared us for what we're seeing now.

I don't see a trade war as political. The US getting their affairs in order to me is just our best interest. Shouldn't even being a partisan talking point.

We have a long ways to go though. I don't even think it should be called a trade war. We don't owe anyone else anything. If we want to focus our economy inwards, that's our business. If another nation feels entitled to the same access to our markers as our domestic entities, they're smoking Crack.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
No, still not scared.

The fear mongering has failed again.

I've only seen the opposite of fear mongering personally.

I'm not fearful or scared, merely trying to be aware of what's going on.

Whatever happens happens. It is what it is. I'd just rather not have it blind side me. I'll adapt and hopefully overcome in the small likely hood this becomes a situation that effects my life.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Really? In what way was I "Blatantly wrong"? Seeing as I am not some child, nor an idiot, how is this wrong?
The U.S. has over 75,000 hospital beds, and only 66k hospitalized over a 21 week flu season last year. Feel free to click the link in my sig, as I'm not about to keep reposting links.

And yes, if a hospital lacking enough negative pressure rooms becomes overwhelmed, if ambulances are out servicing those near death from pneumonia for transport, and hospitals are quarantined, then who handles the rest of the medical issues?

Please, educate me as to how I am misinformed, seeing as I have worked in Disaster and Emergency Management for 17 years now.
edit on 11/2/2020 by ThouArtGod because: Edit to answer an idiotic statement

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Problem is there's no middle ground here. Half sources saying the flu is much worse, don't worry about it, it's just a cold, move along, nothing to see here. Very vague. Other half are in a panic and coming up with over the top conspiracy theories about it. That all being said, I am not worried about it but I am being diligent. I mentioned in an earlier discussion that I work with the type of people who get the information. Like they have panic rooms and clean rooms and such. I'm not in the know but I do have ears and I listen. They're being very cautious. But I think they're more concerned with their investments vs. their health. Like don't hide out in a bunker with cases of bleach on the ready but don't bury your head in the sand either. Hope for the best, expect the worst, it'll fall somewhere in between that.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

So far, there are only TWO deaths (and that's if you count Honk Kong separate from China) outside of Mainland China.

Another very important stat you left out is, both of these were native Chinese who recently left WuHan.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join