It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump unveils Middle East peace plan with two-state solution, tunnel connecting West Bank and Gaza

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

According to White House officials, the plan calls for a two-state solution including the state of Israel and the "future" state of Palestine. Under the plan, the Palestinians would have to reach certain benchmarks to achieve a state. Those benchmarks include rooting out terrorism, stopping what they call “pay to slay,” implementing steps toward free speech, and other political reforms.

The vision calls for more than doubling the amount of territory the Palestinians control.

Trump unveils Middle East peace plan with two-state solution, tunnel connecting West Bank and Gaza

I think it's great Trump is trying, but Palestinians will never agree to any peace plan, so I hope Trump doesn't waste too much time on this. Palestinians have already rejected the plan, even though almost all their demands were met.

I find this funny too, Egypt is demanding Israel control the territory near their border because of their concerns about Palestinian terrorist attacks.

A small strip of land between the Egyptian border and the proposed land swap areas south of Gaza would remain Israeli territory and be subject to Israeli security control. This was requested by Egypt as a buffer against cross-border terrorism.

Good on Trump for trying, but peace is futile.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Dems say, "DERP, PEACE BAD. ORANGE MAN BAD DERP"

he must be impeached for this

he is attempting to influence the 2020 election. impeach
edit on 28-1-2020 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Palestinian leadership is calling for protests over this announcement already.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
And soon to come.. Sudden destruction.

Birth Pains to come.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
At least his administration is trying. It probably won't work, but we have to keep trying.

If the Trump administration does accomplish even some of this, it would be great, something the world leaders should take note of and appreciate. But TDS is not just an American thing, he has pissed off many people around the world because he does not agree with their attempts to profit by deceiving people.

Remember, Trump probably did not create this thing, but he is presenting it to them. I am sure it involves input from many professionals that have tried to put something together for years and have seen the failures in past attempts.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: toolgal462

Palestinian leadership is calling for protests over this announcement already.

Well who would be surprised by that? Not me.

I will always support the effort towards peace though.

One time maybe it will stick.

Furthermore, I wouldn't be against peace just because I hate the politician proposing it.

Dems are suddenly for all wars, didn't you notice?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Can't say I have much hope for the plan. But it seems like a nice try.

How long would this tunnel they're proposing need to be? I'm sure we have the technology to do it, but that would be a long drive.

Frankly, I find it funny that Egypt doesn't want a border with Palestine.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Nice try but this situation is un-repairable. Terrorism is a business. If peace was achieved the PLO, Hezbollah, and every other proxy group goes out of business. Firebrand Mosques would also have to close up shop. Are they really going to preach about peace towards Christians and Jews. Yeah right.
edit on 28-1-2020 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I can see why they would reject it. It still essentially leaves them as an occupied state.

Then there's the vagaries surrounding these "benchmarks." Who is the arbiter over when they are met? What happens in the interim before they are met? It seems like it just lets Israel keep things the way they are while acting like at least they're trying.

There's also the question of what happens if Israel violates the agreement. In the past when Israel has violated agreements, international law, or human rights, the US has covered for them in the UN. Are there provisions that ensure Israel is actually punished if they don't uphold their end of the agreement.

I'm also curious as to who would be responsible for the construction of this tunnel.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I'm no expert on the subject,but this looks like a good deal for the Palestinians-Its certainly better than how things are now IMO.
I hope it works out,though I have my doubts.
I hope I have Jared all wrong and he's not a mossad asset.

Hell I hope I win the lottery,but that never happens.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Then there's the vagaries surrounding these "benchmarks." Who is the arbiter over when they are met? What happens in the interim before they are met? It seems like it just lets Israel keep things the way they are while acting like at least they're trying.

That's why you send negotiators and iron it out. Palestinians have no interest in a solution. No one is saying the deal is ready to be signed, only that it's a very good start and gives both parties what they really want ... if peace is what is the goal.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Good on Trump for trying, but peace is futile.

Jared Kushner drew up the peace plan so it's likely Bibi drew up the peace plan , got to wait for the detail but it seems Israel keep everything they've stolen and the Palestinians are still watched over by Israel.

Sounds like a good deal.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Palestinians get part of East Jerusalem as their capital, they get twice the land they have now, and they get an actual state with defined borders. Being watched over is temporary as they are a terrorist state and Israel can't leave itself vulnerable.

Egypt demanded Palestine not have a border with them because they are afraid of Palestinian terrorism.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I can not see how this deal could go wrong...

Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

I can not see how this deal could go wrong...

Peace

Palestinians have no interest in a deal of any type so it can't go wrong, it can't go anywhere.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Another troublesome aspect is that it only halts Israeli settlement construction for four years. Does that mean that per this agreement, in four years Israel can start re-annexing the land they just gave away?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
PLO will blow up the tunnel. Only peace will be pieces of shrapnel.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Another troublesome aspect is that it only halts Israeli settlement construction for four years. Does that mean that per this agreement, in four years Israel can start re-annexing the land they just gave away?

I don't find that troublesome, I find that an aspect of the plan that you need to iron out and negotiate. I personally took the 4 years to be they will stop starting now for 4 years to give the plan time to be negotiated and implemented. Once implemented Palestinians will have defined borders, the land is theirs at that point.
edit on 28-1-2020 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Just because all past attempts at peace have failed does not mean that you stop trying.

that is all

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

edit on 28-1-2020 by gladtobehere because: typo

<<   2  3  4 >>

join