It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 210
<< 207  208  209    211  212  213 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

There are currently 11,337 confirmed cases worldwide, including 259 fatalities.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The third protein sequence is RSYLTPGDSSSG, top matches on Blast are from 2019-ncov, Bat coronavirus and different types of bacteria.
files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

Am familiar with those areas.
Have elderly friends 'round there, including one currently with lung problems...

Agreed that the doc from that report is just doing his job, and providing lip-service.
"Nothing to see here folks" is the refrain, until it's not...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Chinese seem to be slinging drugs like politicians sling mud. Throw them at it and hope something takes.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Heck - I wouldn't mind a free chance to experiment on a population

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah that could be a huge problem especially if they’re contributing to inflammatory syndromes by using incorrect meds, mAbs or other drugs. I mean, at some point it’s what any healthcare system would do but we would have much better controls and data collection.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: neurosurgeon
Nobody cares about your profession here, trust me I learned that the hard way.

Anyway I love the fact you made your name "neurosurgeon"

What can you provide to us as far as resources?
Is there something your good at or have knowledge of or have a resource to that can help bring answers to the looming question mark that is 2019-nCoV?

Hope you stay so you can contribute to something on the planet that isn't necessarily work related.( if you aren't already apart of a cohort of information sharing individuals ).

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
The third protein sequence is RSYLTPGDSSSG, top matches on Blast are from 2019-ncov, Bat coronavirus and different types of bacteria.

I've heard 4th protein sequence is RSYLTPGDSSSGLBGTQRSTUVWXYZ.

I jest.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The coronavirus contains hiv story is at Zero Hedge you may wish to read it

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I have the benefit of having a father who has a surplus of 3M respirators and filters.

I've used them quite often for various projects. So, in my opinion I wouldn't advise people to use the medical/dust type masks. They don't fit up against the face flush and fit rather loosely.

If you are really concerned about what you're breathing in get a respirator.

I've used these mostly:

pksafety.com...

The prefilter and NIOSH 6091 cartridge combo are better than just a N95 rated mask.

Combined with nonventilated lab goggles you want have to worry about getting anything in your eyes.

If you want to go with something that's a step up for a few dollars more you can get this:

pksafety.com...

The filter/cartridges are interchangeable so you can use 6000, 6001, and 7500. These are half masks. 3M also make full face respirators such as:

pksafety.com...

But if you're deadset on using N95 filtration I would suggest using P95 or R95 cartridges which also resist oily substances P95 supposedly lasts longer than R95.

But if you want to go a step above 95 get the P100 which resists damn near 100% I think it's like 99.95 or 99.97.

Edit: I just brushed up on the difference between "R" and "P" ratings.

R rated cartridges last about 8 hours. P rated cartridges last up to 40 hours or 30 days. Whichever comes first.

www.majorsafety.com...
edit on 3112020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
China announces 755 new non-Hubei virus cases in the past day. 2,102 new cases total in country in past day.

China announces *5,019* new suspected cases in past day, bringing suspected cases total to 17,988.

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The 4th protein sequence is QTNSPRRA, top matches on BLAST are from 2019-ncov, fungi, bacteria and a sea slug

HIV has nothing to do with 2019-ncov. These protein chains are so short they can be just about anything.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
I have the benefit of having a father who has a surplus of 3M respirators and filters.

I've used them quite often for various projects. So, in my opinion I wouldn't advise people to use the medical/dust type masks. They don't fit up against the face flush and fit rather loosely.

If you are really concerned about what you're breathing in get a respirator.

I've used these mostly:

pksafety.com...

The prefilter and NIOSH 6091 cartridge combo are better than just a N95 rated mask.

Combined with nonventilated lab goggles you want have to worry about getting anything in your eyes.

If you want to go with something that's a step up for a few dollars more you can get this:

pksafety.com...

The filter/cartridges are interchangeable so you can use 6000, 6001, and 7500. These are half masks. 3M also make full face respirators such as:

pksafety.com...

But if you're deadset on using N95 filtration I would suggest using P95 or R95 cartridges which also resist oily substances P95 supposedly lasts longer than R95.

But if you want to go a step above 95 get the P100 which resists damn near 100% I think it's like 99.95 or 99.97.

N95-classification is for the people in the US.
In the EU it's FFP2. But I'd suggest going for the highest one, FFP3 as this is the only one certified for the pharmaceutical industry.

edit on 31-1-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAllWait
a reply to: neurosurgeon

Is there something your good at or have knowledge of or have a resource to that can help bring answers to the looming question mark that is 2019-nCoV?

I've seen documents relating to the "Perfect Concussion" research, which was never allowed to leave my PI's office, in addition to Nazi thermoregulatory studies.

Besides that - My expertise now is in Sanitation Engineering (Hahaha I know right?)

How to make a surface more cleanable, testing to determine if it is, In-place cleaning testing , HACCP protocols that kind of stuff.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Coronavirus update:
- 11,948 confirmed cases worldwide
- 17,988 suspected cases
- 259 fatalities
- 1,795 in serious/critical condition
- 260 treated and released
- All parts of China reporting cases
- 24 countries reporting cases
twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

Thanks. I don't know much about EU ratings other than electrical and mechanical symbols.

Your info will useful for the uber-cautious/paranoid folk across the pond. lol

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
Coronavirus update:
- 11,948 confirmed cases worldwide
- 17,988 suspected cases
- 259 fatalities
- 1,795 in serious/critical condition
- 260 treated and released
- All parts of China reporting cases
- 24 countries reporting cases
twitter.com...

based on these totals: 6.6% of all cases result in death or critical illness. that is alot, especially considering these are the fudged CCCP stats too.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Edit

you guys beat me to it
edit on 31-1-2020 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

There are currently 11,948 confirmed cases worldwide, including 259 fatalities.

top topics

<< 207  208  209    211  212  213 >>

join