It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you report a cryptid encounter if you had one?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I wouldn't report a thing.

All the idiots would be out there the next day, wrecking the trail and everyone else would treat me like walking herpes for claiming nonsense without proof.

What happens between the Mothman and me is between the Mothman and me. Pinky swears.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I might tell friends and family, doubt I would involve any authorities. Leave the thing in peace.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: unHolyGrail

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: unHolyGrail

Sorry, the picture isn't coming up for me.

Your computer has AIDS.

Acquired Image Deficiency Syndrome

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

No. What would be the point of that? I probably would not even post it online if I had clear as day video footage. Your question is a silly question.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
No way, Jose. Back in the ancient, pterodactyl riddled days of the 1990s and early 2000s, I would have reported a sighting to an organization, but I think it's just not worth the time to report anything to anyone. Hell, some of those crazy people wanted to me to tell them the exact spot so they could show up with tons of guns and cameras and "experts" so they could kill one to save the rest. To hell with that! I'd be happy to shoot with them at the trap and skeet club, but I don't want a dead Bigfoot on my conscience.

Now, about killing one to save the rest: Bigfoot is not known to science. No one has ever produced any remains to any university, reputable scientist, blah blah blah... Academia does not acknowledge Bigfoot at all. It's a fringe movement, and a fun one, but given its history of no proof, we should just go ahead and rename Bigfoot No Show Jones because there's never going to be any proof of Bigfoot existence ever, and so therefore there's no reason for anyone to feel the need to "protect" them. Either they don't exist at all, or they're pretty excellent at protecting themselves.

But if I ever saw a damn sea monster, I'm reporting that damn thing right away. I hate sea monsters! Blame Sigmund.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

whats the metal detector for ???

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Yes, right after I shot it.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
I would shoot it and then skin and chop the thing up before putting it in the freezer along with the rest of the human.... erm... game meat...

I am cool with chopping up Hilary Clinton, but I would not want to put her in my freezer.

I have never officially registered either of my saucer sightings but I think I would do it for Bigfoot. If I came across a body I would call Jeff Meldrum first, as he is the only one I would trust. If he would not answer, then maybe Mireya Mayor, as she seems legit.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
No. What would be the point of that? I probably would not even post it online if I had clear as day video footage. Your question is a silly question.

WHAT! You would deny us believers the joy of hearing your Bigfoot story?

You would deny the skeptics the joy of calling you a hoaxer?

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

HUH? What is there to deny? Bigfoot exists, and so do a lot of other things. And some things don't exist, like lets say. existential proofs. Now that there is a myth.

As for the rest? None of it matters but a passing fancy. And carry on there guy.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I would not. The simplest way to guarantee the safety of any cryptid is to pretend it doesn't exist. You never know how long a miracle can last if you keep your mouth shut.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY
Great question.

Personally, I would not report anything. What would I report? To whom? Why?

If I saw a Bigfoot, it would definitely have an affect upon me but I would feel no great need to call the Police or the Sasquatch research people or my Mom. If they ask, I am not going to lie but that is another story

Yeah this is about what I would do as well.

Maybe I would tell Huck and we'd get our slingshots and go hunting for it.

But ain't no sense in getting the town folk all rustled up any more than they already are these days cause

Once when I was doing some night fishing at the creek I thought I saw a ghost of a karakawah Indian walking along the creek bank with a spear and I ran to town and went banging on doors and woke everyone up telling 'em what I saw and a search party was made and everyone went out to where I saw the ghost and it turned out it was hobo Jim drunk and staggering along the creek.

So no one would believe me anyhow.
edit on 12-1-2020 by LoneBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
these forms are indited with people who have nice fuzzy photos or lights and furry animals that are all aliens and big foot .
so your post already has the answer people will do just that .
Now once you separate out hoaxes what you have left is a youngsters who had a adrenaline rush taking fussy photo wile running scramming for mommy .
So our best source of big foot proof and aliens is kids running around in the woods tring to scare each other .
I was a kid once i have 30 ghost stories a few big foot stories and even one or two alien stories .
funny thing it was all in town big foot standing in a line of trees at 1 am . ( probably going home from the bar lol )
anyway want some real fun ask any one if they could spend the night in teh darkest oldest grave yard they can find .
Net day you will be getting tons of real ghost photos lol .
Really it sucks getting old wile i still get a thrill out of seeing aliens I know deep down Its not a bird or dude in a red and blue suit with a S its A Plan lol .

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'd tell my wife. maybe close friends. I can say this confidently, because that's how I've handled going on three years of off and on paranormal activity in our home. I'd be fine with the personal knowledge the encounter took place, and leave it at that.

I've shared our experiences in the home here on ATS and one other place. I've gotten some good advice by doing so. I've also been asked many times if I have asked our neighbors if they have had similar experiences. I'm going to pass on having that conversation. All I can envision is the neighbors hastily ushering their children away from the crazy man.
edit on 13-1-2020 by usernameconspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
"Hillary Clinton burring a body in a shallow grave"
LOL clintons Never hide the bodys.
its mostly suicide or a um accident.

when I see cryptid's I just say hello and walk on.
we dont bother each other.
if you put them up on the web.
every one bothers them and the gov trys to capture or kill them.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
To me it is not a matter of being believed or not. It is a matter of what any "authority" would do with the information, whether they be LEO, game wardens, scientists, etc. I'm pretty well convinced that a live Sasquatch, for example, would be exploited beyond belief, ripped from its home, exhibited, probed, and analyzed. Then there are the people who would just kill it. For those reasons I wouldn't tell anyone who could act on that information in a negative way. Just let the thing go, assuming you are in that sort of position, and be grateful that you were privileged to see it. Nothing good can happen if humans get hold of it.

Going forward two weeks, two teenage hikers, declared missing, from the same area!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join