It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you report a cryptid encounter if you had one?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Imaging that you're walking alone in the woods, and you hear a rustling up ahead. Thinking that it might be a bear, or maybe Hillary Clinton burring a body in a shallow grave, you duck into a bush and wait.

But instead of seeing an angry white lady with a shovel you see Bigfoot scratching his hairiest place, or the Lockness monster in a wading pool, or maybe even a unicorn dressing in drag and doing the Hula.

You don't have a camera, and they don't leave any footprints or other evidence behind.

Do you report it as an unverifiable single witness event, and risk everybody thinking that you're crazy, or do you tell your story to anybody who would listen.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
Imaging that you're walking alone in the woods, and you hear a rustling up ahead. Thinking that it might be a bear, or maybe Hillary Clinton burring a body in a shallow grave, you duck into a bush and wait.

But instead of seeing an angry white lady with a shovel you see Bigfoot scratching his hairiest place, or the Lockness monster in a wading pool, or maybe even a unicorn dressing in drag and doing the Hula.

You don't have a camera, and they don't leave any footprints or other evidence behind.

Do you report it as an unverifiable single witness event, and risk everybody thinking that you're crazy, or do you tell your story to anybody who would listen.

I would shoot it and then skin and chop the thing up before putting it in the freezer along with the rest of the human.... erm... game meat...

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Yes I would, any would get out there as quickly as possible again with a group of friends and alot of cameras and detailed maps of the area, and scan everything in a 5km2 area. And we would set up deer cameras on trees and bring metal detectors. and we would keep trying, not only a couple of days.. we would set up a small camp and sleep out there, I have nightvision equipment that we could use. I would invest in a pair of thermal cameras also. We would also take dirt samples of the area the thing was spotted, and send in to labs for testing.

If I ever saw something like that I would not just let it go... I would make it my hobby.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Yes I would, any would get out there as quickly as possible again with a group of friends and alot of cameras and detailed maps of the area, and scan everything in a 5km2 area. And we would set up deer cameras on trees and bring metal detectors. and we would keep trying, not only a couple of days.. we would set up a small camp and sleep out there, I have nightvision equipment that we could use. I would invest in a pair of thermal cameras also. We would also take dirt samples of the area the thing was spotted, and send in to labs for testing.

If I ever saw something like that I would not just let it go... I would make it my hobby.

It sounds like you have access to more resources than the average hiker.

Wouldn't you be worried that your friends might not take you seriously without evidence?

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Great question.

Personally, I would not report anything. What would I report? To whom? Why?

If I saw a Bigfoot, it would definitely have an affect upon me but I would feel no great need to call the Police or the Sasquatch research people or my Mom. If they ask, I am not going to lie but that is another story

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

to who?

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

to who?

Here, maybe?

If you had a personal encounter with a cryptid, but couldn't prove it, do you think that you'd feel comfortable sharing it on a forum like ATS?

Or maybe an organization like the Bigfoot Research Organization, or even to a radio show like Coast to Coast?

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: unHolyGrail

Sorry, the picture isn't coming up for me.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

In general no.
Nobody needs that kind of aggravation. Secondly it's not like most places available to report to are any help. Thirdly any sightings information belongs to the person who reports, which is not upheld as a right , you usually have to give that up to file a report.

Seeing any upsides yet?
Cheers

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

It sounds like you have access to more resources than the average hiker.

Wouldn't you be worried that your friends might not take you seriously without evidence?

Well, I know my friends would listen to me.. hence the word "friends"
Not saying they would believe right away.. but I would get their attention.

And I really hope everyone would be more aggressive towards finding out everyday mysteries.
If we just turn our back to everything we do not understand.. we would all still be cavemen.
And by the sounds of it we have a few here on ATS

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
To me it is not a matter of being believed or not. It is a matter of what any "authority" would do with the information, whether they be LEO, game wardens, scientists, etc. I'm pretty well convinced that a live Sasquatch, for example, would be exploited beyond belief, ripped from its home, exhibited, probed, and analyzed. Then there are the people who would just kill it. For those reasons I wouldn't tell anyone who could act on that information in a negative way. Just let the thing go, assuming you are in that sort of position, and be grateful that you were privileged to see it. Nothing good can happen if humans get hold of it.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It'd be neater if a ship "came back" from being lost in the Bermuda triangle. But then fades away into another dimension, or whatnot.
Truth syrum?

I know this story to be true, because it was told me by a gentleman one evening in a pub after drinking a full bottle of uisge beatha, and it is a well know fact a man who can drink that much, and still be understood, cannot lie.

It's one of those things outside the boundary of game play for me. But I intend to stay far away from Bermuda, susceptible to superstitions.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: unHolyGrail

Sorry, the picture isn't coming up for me.

Your computer has AIDS.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I might post a description of the sighting here on ATS, and if I felt that I could not say for sure what it was I would make that very clear. Making a lot of unfounded speculation around here is a good way to stir up abuse, and I don't need that.

As for reporting it to any experts or authorities, I don't see the point. Unless I thought there was possibly a crime involved, or I or someone I was with got hurt, there's really nothing for them to do other than record a statement. That might later result in Loren Coleman or Nick Redfern snowing up one day to get additional information, but any long term effect it would have on me would just be personal.

It would give me a fun story to tell at dinner, though.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Many witnesses report sightings to a few youtubers for broadcast. I enjoy listening to many of them. Before you discount out of hand, get this guy's perspective...How to Hunt on YT. He has a no bs view of the Bigfoot topic that I can respect.
youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I would tell friends and family -- those that know me and would believe. I would make a report here, and leave it to you all to judge me as you saw fit.

Now, as to the terms of this thread -- I cannot imagine being out hiking or whatever and not have my phone (which has a camera and plenty of storage for a video or two); it's one of the reasons that persuaded me to buy an android a few years ago, that just-in-case video thang. Just before that, there was an amazing waterspout out to sea, and I watched it come ashore and my camera I normally carry was at home, getting its battery charged.

So, along the lines of this hypothesis, I show up here one day with a disoriented running and bouncing video and me in the background hysterically shouting about what I claim I can see. Well, it's evidence of SOMEthing.

You can bet that the area of the sighting would become my new obsession, and you know what? My Bride would be right there beside me, not liking it a bit, but supportive and believing in my tale. Another fine mess I've gotten her into.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I've been sharing an event that happened to me while working at a travel plaza in pa.

I was a janitor and the floors were my business. I started to notice droplets of what I thought was tar. But it wasn't coming from my parking lot. If it was there would be a lot more since that place gets over 5k people a day.(that's a slow day.) The only way to remove it was by using a paint scraper and even then it stained the floor and after two to three swabs. It would be gone. I'd get about 2 to three a day. Random little black spots scattered around my floor. I'm still scratching my head on what it was. Never witnessed a new drop form infront of me.

Later I came across the story of Skinwalker Ranch. Creatures of black substance coming through a portal.(I think we are quantumly entangled with another planet.) Skinwalkers can devour an animal and take that form. Humans are animals (even if we think we are better) so what's stopping them from devouring a person and taking thier form? I'm also reminded of a body that showed up in South America where he was badly dismembered to the point that to this day. Scientists are perplexed. The only thing that exist of the man is a coronary report so we may never know. (A side note. Skinwalkers remind me of werewolves so if you want to hunt one. Try silver, since normal weapons dont work.)

I wish I had the money and connections to grab that evidence and get it analyzed. Though since I left and my fellow coworkers wouldn't take the effort to scrapping black spots. I bet I could still get a sample. (If anyone has the connections or know how to chemically test a black speck then I'll gladly take a sample).

The two good things that came out of that plaza was a good friend and fantastic story's which maybe I should start a thread on. Though it would be a lot and my typing is not the greatest lol.

Everyone needs to share thier stories. You never know when one day someone's story connects the dots to your story.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

For some people, as they have reported here (and if you believe them), talking to aliens (in w/e method) is a norm for them. For other people, working in top secret projects (and dealing with x-files like phenomena) is also the norm (if you believe in such things).

So it would seem what could be a surprise, like a unicorn in drag, is something someone deals with everyday. So maybe for someone like that, there wouldn't this "urgency" to go tell others about it.

But I imagine if you're unaccustomed to something like that, and if you have a one time run-in with big foot, I think a lot of people would get that "high" of excitement and would tell people around them.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I would only tell my Husband and closest friends who know me and know I'm not crazy and wouldn't lie about such a thing. Anyone else would try to harm or experiment on the cryptid. Not sure if I would share it here, but I'm sure I would be busting at the seams to tell my story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join