It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birmingham England Crisis,Arrests over cinema 'machete' brawl.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Sounds like you had quite a result then. You avoided being assaulted with jellied eels by a nonagenerian pearly king and queen - something no one wants to have to experience. Ever. And that includes just seeing the pearly pensioners.....
edit on 27-11-2019 by Flavian because: grammar nazi standards

edit on 27-11-2019 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

The worst (and this is nitpicking) that happened was being panhandled by some homeless Brits, other than that London was great. As usual.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

But what do I know?

You know only what you know as others only know what they know. So why trample on me and others as I saw what others wrote along with the opines of my relatives in London who were born there. You seem to exude a feeling in your writings that we must keep our mouths shut as you state that you are superior to those others who wrote those statements. They are of a different cloth than you or I. But you don't wanna hear it. Thinking like that is what destroys nations.

Very strange indeed. Have a bag of crisps on me.

edit on 27-11-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I'm not surprised. As a Yorkshireman i like to rail against London and its soft southern pansies that inhabit the dark, smoky hellhole that is London.

But then it ruins it by being so bloody pleasant every time i go down there. Must be a conspiracy or something......

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
...with the opines. of my relatives in London..

'Opine' is a verb, not a noun. You can verify this with your relatives who, being British, will be good at two things. Speaking English and getting beaten daily by migrants and who knows who.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
I'm not surprised. As a Yorkshireman i like to rail against London and its soft southern pansies that inhabit the dark, smoky hellhole that is London.

But then it ruins it by being so bloody pleasant every time i go down there. Must be a conspiracy or something......

You know who were rude mf'ers? The tourists. Everyone we met who was from London, even those cockney EastEnders, were super pleasant.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

In use opine because its easy to type versus opinion. It nothing to do with my grammatical structure as being correct as its all about just getting something typed.

If you want better use of grammar don't read my stuff.

So have a bag of crisps along with a Butty wit Mint Jelly on me and don't get buggered on the trains.

Yikes

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I don't know if it is just a British media thing or if it is the same elsewhere at the moment but when you read a paper or watch the news, everything is really bleak and people really don't like each other.

But, out in the actual real world, people seem really friendly at the moment - happy, smiley people everywhere. Even those going through strife in their personal lives. Frankly, it's good to see that we seem to be ignoring the gloom and despondency we are supposed to be suffering through!

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

But, out in the actual real world, people seem really friendly at the moment - happy, smiley people everywhere.

I think everyone is like this publicly. I think Hillary said it better. You want to have at least a public face and a private one.
edit on 27-11-2019 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Right

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

If you want better use of grammar don't read my stuff.

No worries, I typically don't but thanks for the advice anyway, it was funnying.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
But, out in the actual real world, people seem really friendly at the moment - happy, smiley people everywhere. Even those going through strife in their personal lives. Frankly, it's good to see that we seem to be ignoring the gloom and despondency we are supposed to be suffering through!

It's amazing what some cask strength ale can do for a bleak outlook.

edit on 27-11-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I try to inject humor here on ATS. I can also laugh at myself for being a fool at times. Too many on this site are way too full of themselves and are way high strung. They will probably die before they are 60. I want to go to 100 years old if possible.

I also love the word "yutes" by Joe Pesci

My Cousin Vinny

"Tanks" for your comment!

edit on 27-11-2019 by Waterglass because: freakin another typo isf

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Not a problem. It's good we can agree that the only thing English in this thread getting beaten soundly is the language.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Good one!

Here's one for you. many in the USA would mock and scorn those persons of color who use "axed" versus "ask" in speech. However, when I did research on that subject back 30 years ago that how the white colonists spoke along with many back in the UK. Its simply generational along with development of internal muscles within the throat. That's what I read and I believe it. Basically, one group has been around in a particular environment longer in the 1000's of years and their speech evolved and it has nothing to do with intelligence.

On another issue. "Sauntering" also wasn't invented by the above it was copied and mimicked to feel in and included. In my opinion, I am a Yankee living in the Deep South. Due to the extreme heat most of the native whites all saunter as they age. As such I don't have to watch the TV show " The Walking Dead", as I live it. I also know how the heat is affecting me in the same way as I will be there some day also; sauntering across the street with my walker.
edit on 27-11-2019 by Waterglass because: added

edit on 27-11-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

People have simply had enough of all the doom and gloom, Brexit related bollocks and incompetent, lying, self-promoting politicians and are beginning to think; '# it, I'm just going to get on with it and make the best of it despite those bastards'....a bit like The Blitz spirit in WWII.

The reality is that this country has been more or less running itself without any sort of effective government since the moment Cameron resigned.
I'm certain that with a little bit of tweaking we could make a good fist of things without ever having a government.

Imagine all the happy, smiley faces we would see then?

It's such a pleasant thought I think I'll go to the pub soon - and no, not any of that Southern piss water, it'll be good old fashioned Northern Bitter....and maybe a couple of brandy's thrown in as well!

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Here's one for you. many in the USA would mock and scorn those persons of color who use "axed" versus "ask" in speech.

I'm one of those people. Willfully talking like a jackass makes you a jackass.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

What I read was what I thought was fascinating. In brief it was scientifically based in that certain groups of people throughout the world because they spoke a specific language had not developed the vocal cords to speak certain other languages along with annunciation, vowels, etc. yet they were discriminated for it.

I will bet the same goes for me. I can speak basic German but I cannot pronounce nor speak with the fluidity of the Spanish or Russian language as its impossible for me. So if was to speak to them I would probably sound like I am slow or a dum dum.

Think about it.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

You get a lot of crime when you import an underclass but that is exactly what globalists want. They don't care about crime because the cheap labor makes them so much money while they live with paid security and gated communities.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

This is kind of what i mean where people don't have a choice to run away.

www.eveningtimes.co.uk... HlYqDUJU4Okhe6PeLeZAAgGM8

Poor sod.

And for you and i that's pretty much just down the road.

Near enough broad daylight as well.

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join