It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transcript released - WH - No quid pro quo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha Come on Sookie.. you are better than this.. I know you hate him but you cant really buy that.. please tell me you are better than this

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

He also said he wanted to buy them, not get them for free.

And Trump said, he needed a favor. That favor would be over and beyond the Ukraine dollars spent by buying more Javelins.

we promised to protect Ukraine's sovereignty if they got rid of their nukes... And they're still in a conflict with Russia.

Those were Russian stocks being stored in the Ukraine, and the Ukraine gained sovereignty from the Soviet Union in the 1990s. They're not "still" in conflict with Russia, Russia invaded them and they're trying to hold onto their sovereignty, with our help.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not to toot my own horn (j/k, I love tooting my own horn)... But I forsaw Hunter's foreign dealings being a point of contention in Joe's campaign a while back.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
trump supporters yesterday: Biden is toast.
trump supporters last night: Pelosi is toast.
trump supporters today: erm fox news says it doesn't mention quid pro quo.
trump supporters tonight: ...

For real people, barr is as equally screwed as trump and giuliani, only the best people etc, etc.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Nicely done!

What I'm waiting for, is having CNN and MSNBC state that we aren't smart enough to see the obvious impeachable offences and that we should trust them to tell us what is in the transcripts.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

as if selling weapons dont come with stipulations

But this stipulation was a personal favor. That favor was to help Trump politically by researching his political opponents, and working with his personal attorney and the US Attorney General.

Not a good look for Trump.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

And Trump said, he needed a favor. That favor would be over and beyond the Ukraine dollars spent by buying more Javelins.

how else are negotiations to be conducted?
why does anyone but the potus have a say so in how things are discussed?

lol
why pick a fight over separation of powers dems?

lol

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: shooterbrody

But this stipulation was a personal favor. That favor was to help Trump politically by researching his political opponents, and working with his personal attorney and the US Attorney General.

Not a good look for Trump.

you can attempt to spin it like that to someone who didnt read the transcipt
that is not what was said

i am curious
are you just as upset about the crowdstrike discussion?
that is much more dangerous to the dems imo....or do you just not realize it?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

lol

lol

He asked for a personal favor, not of favor on behalf of the nation. I'm not surprised that you guys can't see anything wrong with that.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Those were Russian stocks being stored in the Ukraine, and the Ukraine gained sovereignty from the Soviet Union in the 1990s. They're not "still" in conflict with Russia, Russia invaded them and they're trying to hold onto their sovereignty, with our help.

I was referring to still in conflict as post Crimea or 2015.

But that's neither here nor there. We're obligated to help protect Ukraine, so them buying some Javelins seems to be pretty standard. Considering we have a Army, Navy, Marines, and Airforce presence in Ukraine.... Javelins just don't seem damning to me.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: dfnj2015

It sure looks like quid pro quo.

What did Trump offer in exchange?

Bottom of page 2, President Zelinskyy states that they'd like to buy more "Javelins", for defense purposes. Top of page 3, President says, "I'd like you to do us a favor though

To me, in my opinion, that "favor" is a stipulation. A quid pro quo, if you will.

lol
an ask from a foreign leader is now trumps fault?

this is exactly why potus has constitutional powers over diplomacy
he is the only one who gets to decide such
it is also why when he is done the treatys and agreements have to be ratified by the senate
getting in the middle of such is pure nonsense

It doesn’t matter if the foreign leader offered the dirt to Trump, or if Trump asked for it. Taking anything of value from a foreign government is a crime.

I’ve said it already, but the only way Trump survives this is if he can convince people like you that a crime is not a crime. You really should be angry. Trump has treated you and his other followers as useful idiots who he can manipulate as needed. He tells you to jump and you ask how high.

Also, don’t take it from me, a couple posts back I posted a quote from Lindsey Graham stating explicitly that getting anything of value from a foreign government is a crime.
edit on 25-9-2019 by Gorgonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gorgonite

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Gorgonite
This is just a piece of the puzzle and it’s damning. Trump clearly asks a foreign leader to investigate his political rival and work with his personal lawyer. This is collusion people. Remember that whole thing that was investigated by Mueller? Yeah, this is that.

The Trump admins only chance at getting out of this is attempting to normalize this behavior. Based off some responses in this thread he very well may be successful.

I don’t understand why you people aren’t pissed? The Trump admin thinks you people are so stupid you will buy anything they say. They are telling you this behavior is ok and you are eating it up. Do you have any self decency left at all? Trump has played you like a fiddle.
New user, new acct and like the rest, you come in here and criticize us for supporting out POTUS and dishing out FACTS compared to the fake news you consume daily.

Sit this one out.

Respectfully, everyone here is expressing their opinions. If you don’t like my opinions, that’s fine, just don’t read my stuff. But unless there is some rule in the terms and conditions I am not aware of, I am allowed to speak my mind just like the rest of you are.

I do think it is telling that you even responded in this way.
I'm glad you understand that it's just an opinion, but the fact is, there isn't anything in the transcript, as opined by liberal media and if that's the case, then the whistleblower in question is dubious at best.

Considering that the complaint will be made public as well, you and the dems got nothing.

So, respectfully, fact check first before commenting.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

lol

lol

He asked for a personal favor, not of favor on behalf of the nation. I'm not surprised that you guys can't see anything wrong with that.

pffft
what are you reading?

I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it.

"us" is not me
"our country" is the usa
unless you think it means something else

lol

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Gorgonite

It doesn’t matter if the foreign leader offered the dirt to Trump, or if Trump asked for it. Taking anything of value from a foreign government is a crime.

what was taken?

link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

It sure looks like quid pro quo.

What did Trump offer in exchange?

Bottom of page 2, President Zelinskyy states that they'd like to buy more "Javelins", for defense purposes. Top of page 3, President says, "I'd like you to do us a favor though

To me, in my opinion, that "favor" is a stipulation. A quid pro quo, if you will.

Ah, I see, but you're a partisan hack, of course you'll look for something bad, but you opinion is simply wrong and you lack the credibility to push that.

link   
a reply to: shooterbrody you beat me to it on page 3 he said "do us a favor" meaning the US not Trump.. but to each there own..i guess

link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Is a memorandum of the call the same as a "complete, fully declassified and unredacted transcript" ?

+1 more 
link   

originally posted by: contextual
trump supporters yesterday: Biden is toast.
trump supporters last night: Pelosi is toast.
trump supporters today: erm fox news says it doesn't mention quid pro quo.
trump supporters tonight: ...

For real people, barr is as equally screwed as trump and giuliani, only the best people etc, etc.

So here's an idea.

Beat him in 2020. To do that though, you'll have to sell a platform to independents. And as an independent myself, I haven't seen much of a unified platform other than mouth foaming towards Trump.

link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

please point out where specifically?

You have to read in between the lines and see not what was said, but what wasn't.

It's there you will find the truth, this will DESTROY trump.

In other words, you have to make things up that are not a point of fact?

SMH

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Is a memorandum of the call the same as a "complete, fully declassified and unredacted transcript" ?

Good luck explaining this.

"Memorandum of Telephone Conversation"

In other words... NOT a transcript.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join